CEV U17 European Championship 2022

• As Matthias wrote, the Serbians were too tired and maybe also disappointed, to play on their normal level - the German girls used this rare chance for any German NT to win a medal.

• Bronze is a great result for German girls, congrats :flower:

Grozer with 30 pts in 4 sets, she is surely the most promising player from this team. However I also liked both OHs (though Ziegenbalg probably also lacks height to make it to high level), the setter and the libero. Let's not talk about the middles though :gone:

• Very bad game by Serbia, bad receptions was big problem, also they didn't serve good with is very strange.

Opp Milica Vidacic is not in form, and Mihajlovic cannot do it alone.

Remember, when you are tired you will receive worse than usual, and especially Grozer and Ziegenbalg exterted a lot of service pressure on Serbia.

• Italian team had an easy win in the 1st set

Adigwe really good,is what they need

Curious how italian teems failed in european u16 in last edition u16 or u17 with italian players (giacomello,viguetto) and then replace them with ituma and adigwe and get good results

• Italian team had an easy win in the 1st set

Adigwe really good,is what they need

Curious how italian teems failed in european u16 in last edition u16 or u17 with italian players (giacomello,viguetto) and then replace them with ituma and adigwe and get good results

so Ituma..... who was born in Milan.... isn't italian? (I let your Plak-Meering comment by, which was equally as problematic) but really? smh

racist-that-seems-racist.gif

• Italy uses their black players perfect in system in every youth teams. They are tall enough and so strong for these categories. I really like their OPP and setter. She reminds me Alisha Glass.

• Italy uses their black players perfect in system in every youth teams. They are tall enough and so strong for these categories. I really like their OPP and setter. She reminds me Alisha Glass.

They use them because they can jump and spike hard and this can work in youth categories. But when they grow and play against 20+ players, they are quite average because they barely have volleyball skills. They are forcing new Egonu, but that is not that simple.

• so Ituma..... who was born in Milan.... isn't italian? (I let your Plak-Meering comment by, which was equally as problematic) but really? smh

racist-that-seems-racist.gif

I wanted to say italian old style player (togutt,ortolani)

• linda manfredini is so good and connection between her and setter is amazing

That setter i like her...hope she can make it into senior NT

• With all due respect, Ana Mihajlovic deserved the award :aww:

• safa allaoui best setter and mvp,well deserved,she was so calm and guide well this team

The rest of awards were good also

Nice to see Grozer as best OPP. I also liked Manfredini and Esposito a lot in semifinal. Interesting to see the setter as MVP but surely not a bad choice either!