Korean Men NT 2022

• I felt compelled to create a thread on the Korean men's national volleyball team. Super sad they don't have their own place. :(

They took a big hit after not qualifying for Tokyo Olympics but they're looking to turn things around!

Next up for this team is the FIVB Volleyball Men's Challenger Cup, taking place from July 28th through July 31st. They need to perform well here to make it into next year's Men's VNL and eventually for Paris 2024.

Link: https://en.volleyballworld.com/volleyball/competitions/challenger-cup-2022/

The group playing for the national team under Coach Do Hun Im is:

• Three young rising stars to keep an eye on:

0001985_1.jpg

Im Donghyeok/임동혁 (Right)

200cm/91kg

1000060_1.jpg

Park Kyungmin/박경민 (Libero)

170cm/64kg

대학배구 인기스타 임성진, “매 경기 내 역할 다 하고파” : 뉴스 : 동아일보

Lim Sungjin/임성진 (Left)

195cm/85kg

• Three core players to keep an eye on:

PS22010600114.jpg

Han Sunsoo/한선수 (Setter)

189cm/85kg

0001291_1.jpg

Choi Minho/최민호 (Center)

195cm/85kg

20210814171322415eyhw.jpg

Heo Subong/ 허수봉 (Right)

197cm/75kg

• Pluto

Changed the title of the thread from “Korean NT 2022” to “Korean Men NT 2022”.
  • Wow, Lim Sungjin looks so cute!😍🤤

• He's a whole cutie:love:

I saw that he actually has a boyfriend 😱 are there many Open gay Korean volleyball players?

• I saw that he actually has a boyfriend 😱 are there many Open gay Korean volleyball players?

Whoa I didn't know that but no there aren't any that I know of. I think Korea is still largely homophobic especially after what happened to Kim In-Hyuk, also a volleyball player.

• I saw that he actually has a boyfriend 😱 are there many Open gay Korean volleyball players?

No, Lim Sungjin isn't gay. I think you've mistaken him for another volleyball player who committed suicide: Kim Inhyuk. He never acknowledged he was gay but people assumed because of his personality and imagery on his social feed. Sad but harsh reality.

• No, Lim Sungjin isn't gay. I think you've mistaken him for another volleyball player who committed suicide: Kim Inhyuk. He never acknowledged he was gay but people assumed because of his personality and imagery on his social feed. Sad but harsh reality.

I ve seen this pic when I googled him. Of course it doesn't prove anything, and they could be just friends

https://favim.com/image/7204740/

• I just realised Lim Sungjin has 400k+ followers on his IG. Is he good or is his popularity mostly due to his looks?

Both. He has a huge following on instiz and pann. Insight also started featuring him so eventually kpop stans/ulzzang enthusiasts started noticing him. BTS fansite nims or fan photographers also add to his hype when they post his photos during April Fools Day a tradition where they post photos of other celebrities they like.

• Both. He has a huge following on instiz and pann. Insight also started featuring him so eventually kpop stans/ulzzang enthusiasts started noticing him. BTS fansite nims or fan photographers also add to his hype when they post his photos during April Fools Day a tradition where they post photos of other celebrities they like.

Everything will be well when you’re ulzzang in Korea:D. Featured in famous magazines and also TV show appearances during his rookie pro year. For sure, he will be the "franchise star" for his club. But… he’s really attractive:love:. The face that Koreans prefer.

There is something that I always wonder about. Why is KR's men's team not a core team like their women’s team?

• Everything will be well when you’re ulzzang in Korea:D. Featured in famous magazines and also TV show appearances during his rookie pro year. For sure, he will be the "franchise star" for his club. But… he’s really attractive:love:. The face that Koreans prefer.

There is something that I always wonder about. Why is KR's men's team not a core team like their women’s team?

What do you mean by core? Like, not as popular? Or not as good? LOL..

• Everything will be well when you’re ulzzang in Korea:D. Featured in famous magazines and also TV show appearances during his rookie pro year. For sure, he will be the "franchise star" for his club. But… he’s really attractive:love:. The face that Koreans prefer.

They haven't had any achievements that can match the women's team during KYK's peak at the same time they also don't have a superstar player that can be of international interest. Simply put they are not yet at the level of a stable team and they're only starting to build their own foundation as a team.

I'm not a fan of Coach Im he doesn't seem intent to improve the team's offense but I don't know any other who would be a better option than him at the moment.

• They haven't had any achievements that can match the women's team during KYK's peak at the same time they also don't have a superstar player that can be of international interest. Simply put they are not yet at the level of a stable team and they're only starting to build their own foundation as a team.

Thanks.. If that the case, then there is a chance that women's teams may be relegated in the future. So-so performances with no standout players. Before, there were twins (not Kim level, but surely better than the current players). Kim Heejin is popular, but her skills right now just…. My hope for JJY to become the next ace.

I’m curious about how great Han SeonSu is. Obtaining a 1.08 billion krw contract. I'd never seen any men's V-league matches before. But his skills should be worth the money:cheesy:

• Thanks.. If that the case, then there is a chance that women's teams may be relegated in the future. So-so performances with no standout players. Before, there were twins (not Kim level, but surely better than the current players). Kim Heejin is popular, but her skills right now just…. My hope for JJY to become the next ace.

I’m curious about how great Han SeonSu is. Obtaining a 1.08 billion krw contract. I'd never seen any men's V-league matches before. But his skills should be worth the money:cheesy:

He's definitely the old timer but he's one of the best setters in Korea.

They haven't had any achievements that can match the women's team during KYK's peak at the same time they also don't have a superstar player that can be of international interest. Simply put they are not yet at the level of a stable team and they're only starting to build their own foundation as a team.

I'm not a fan of Coach Im he doesn't seem intent to improve the team's offense but I don't know any other who would be a better option than him at the moment.

Im Donghyeok is really good. I feel like he's going to have a lot going for him. He's built differently than other spikers in Korea. He may become the Ishikawa of Korea, in terms of popularity and notice.

• Look like no participation from Korea in 2024 Paris Olympic:gone:. This team depended on Subong to score, but today with solid defence from Turkey nothing could be done.

Subong really should try to play oversea, he will be good. But.. well with how Korean league work, it will be unlikely to happen. He will definitely be offered a high salary contract to stay.