S.Korea - 2022-2023 V-League (Women)

• Where's theloneracer been :?:

• KYK can still try for the NT

She and Yang Hyojin definitely can more than just "try" for the NT

They are shoe-ins considering the current standard of the NT

But they're choosing not to and retiring like they aimed to, they earn way more outside of NT and won't gain much from it anymore

I'd say even Hwang Yeonju could make a return to NT and be better than Kim Heejin too

Probably since YHJ is married, and KYK is filming variety shows and advertisements

(supposedly also running for IOC member as she wished? she took a photo supporting a forerunner Korean politician recently which people are guessing is related to that - problem is it was a right-wing politician which seems to have become a huge issue amongst her fans

personally doesn't bother me since I just watch for sports, but it is surprising)

• isn't too weak for Hyundai? is she going to play today vs. Heungkuk?

Not sure if she's gonna play already. Usually, new foreigners play after their first or second game (especially if it is a middle-of-the-season transfer). So far, Hillstate is performing well despite not having a foreign player but it does affect the team's stamina when they don't have a point leader.

• Wow, Pepper just defeated Hyundai... and I think Yvonne needs to practice better.

Felt so happy for them. It just shows how life is as well, if you keep on believing, one day you will have your day!

Their new foreign player definitely needs some practice as she now looks like the weakest player compared to Yasmeen which was the strongest foreign player so the difference is too striking...

• Anyone knows why KYK got angry at IBK coach Kim Hochul and vice versa in today's match?

I know Pink Spiders was upset at the ref for not calling a supposed double touch by IBKs setter (not all sets that spin are a double touch but it did seem like it could've been one), but I'm not sure why they were upset and shouting at one another after that call

For Pink Spiders to lose 1-3 and even 12-25 to IBK in the first set makes you worry for their stamina leading into playoffs

I'm happy that Hillstate kept their #1 in rankings despite losing to Pepper yesterday, but the new foreigner doesn't seem hopeful... Hwang Yeonju might be better, but Hillstate won't be able to win playoffs without a foreign player

• Based on some accounts, Director Kim Hochul was antagonizing KYK, making faces at her during the call. I don't know how real it is though, given these same accounts are hardcore KYK stans. I don't think Korean fans will say the same though. No matter how much of a superstar she is, seniority is still big in Korea.

I think Yvonne will do better once she does more training with Hyundai. Many of her hits are too wide during the match, but with enough finessing, I think she'd do well.

• Based on some accounts, Director Kim Hochul was antagonizing KYK, making faces at her during the call. I don't know how real it is though, given these same accounts are hardcore KYK stans. I don't think Korean fans will say the same though. No matter how much of a superstar she is, seniority is still big in Korea.

Making faces?? Oh that was unexpected, I wonder if there's any fancam out there showing him making 'faces' :lol:

My guess had been more towards him wanting the ref to give a warning to KYK since she threw her hands and was visibly upset at the call - which usually warrants a yellow card

Actually pretty sure KYK has the largest influence in Korean volleyball, I doubt even seniority affects her.

Just like how that VAR referee/association staff (forgot her name) lost her job for one season because she asked KYK a question people judged as rude at the airport after Olympics

• You can see fancam of the situation on youtube, i think kim ho cheol was shouting at Kim or something (because of her gesture).

Im on Kim side on this one, if he have something to said should be to the official not directly to the opposition player.

• You can see fancam of the situation on youtube, i think kim ho cheol was shouting at Kim or something (because of her gesture).

Im on Kim side on this one, if he have something to said should be to the official not directly to the opposition player.

Oooo link?

If he was taunting or directing his words to her directly then yeah, very ballsy of him haha, perhaps since he was from male volleyball originally

If he found issue with her behaviour he should've directed to ref to give her a yellow card instead

• Wow, AI Pepper gets a new coach: Ahen Kim from Brown University (is he considered a foreign coach?)

According to a comment, I read:

"Since 2009, Coach Ahen Kim has grown as a leader through the Catholic University of America, George Washington University, Houston Baptist University, and in 2013 he was the coach of the American University volleyball team, and by 2017 he won the Patriot League and advanced to the NCAA tournaments for 5 years in a row. It also led to the NCAA Round of 16.

Gradually recognized as a leader, Coach Atsuk, has been appointed as the coach of Brown University volleyball team of the Ivy League since 2018. Since then, through recruiting promising players, individual development, and meticulous strategy execution, the 2021 team has been ranked No. 1 in the Ivy League. This was the achievement of Brown University Volleyball's first time advancing to the NCAA tournament."