S.Korea - 2022-2023 V-League (Women)

• If you don't count the practice matches then it is a big fat

<3

That was great transfer :D They need to get back to 'real' try-outs as soon as possible. Picking key-player based on youtube highlights is a joke.

• Park Hae-jin will be out for the season due to a torn cartilage in her right knee

She will be receiving knee surgery. (source)

No reason specified, it was found during a detailed hospital examination.

(Horrible news but at the same time explains why Park Eunsol got to play as setter in their practice matches, and also seems like Dasol will have a very tough season being PS's setter, can't imagine the hate she'd receive already)

• Media Day for the women's division will be held on Wednesday, October 19th at 14:00 KST and will be broadcast live on KBSN Sports (fingers crossed for Naver to air it too).

The current attendee for Media Day:

Hyundai E&C Hillstate: KANG Sung-Hyung, LEE Da-Hyeon and Yaasmeen BEDART

Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-Pass: KIM Jong-Min, PARK Jeong-Ah and Katarina JOVIC

GS Caltex Seoul Kixx: CHA Sang-Hyun, KANG So-Hwi and Laetitia Moma BASSOKO

KGC Ginseng Corp.: KO Hee-Jin, JUNG Ho-Young and Elizabet Lenke INNEH-VARGA

IBK Industrial Bank Altos: KIM Ho-Chul and KIM Su-Ji

Heungkuk Life Insurance Pink Spiders: KWON Sun-Chan, KIM Yeon-Koung and Jelena MLADJENOVIC

Pepper Savings Bank AI Peppers: KIM Hyung-Sil, LEE Go-Eun and Nia REED

Sources: 1, 2, 3

The start time for the opening match for the 2022-2023 V-League between Hyundai E&C Hillstate and Korea Expressway Corp. Hi-Pass has been moved forward from 16:00 KST to 14:00 KST. The broadcast channel will also be moved to KBS2 TV. Sources: 1, 2, 3

• Hyundai E&C Hillstate: KANG Sung-Hyung, LEE Da-Hyeon and Yaasmeen BEDART

IBK Industrial Bank Altos: KIM Ho-Chul and KIM Su-Ji

Surprised IBK didnt send Kim Heejin

And as much as I do like Dahyun, disappointed that they're obviously 'moving on' from Yang Hyojin (especially with that pay cut?!) - despite her still being the MVP

• It is reported that Lee Jaeyeong had met with AI Peppers twice thus far regarding signing with them

AI Pepper confirmed with KBS news that they have indeed been in contact with Lee Jaeyeong and are considering signing her since Ha Hye Jin's injury from the WCHs

(source | 2)

I think fans had known about this for quite awhile now, and it became more obvious when AI Peppers was the only club to leave an empty slot on their roster after the first trade deadline ended in September.

I'm surprised AI Peppers actually confirmed this news before they signed with her though - unless it already happened, or they are simply testing the waters.

From what fans shared, Jaeyeong's agent confirmed that she had received offers from foreign clubs too, so pretty curious what her choice would be

• It is reported that Lee Jaeyeong had met with AI Peppers twice thus far regarding signing with them

AI Pepper confirmed with KBS news that they have indeed been in contact with Lee Jaeyeong and are considering signing her since Ha Hye Jin's injury from the WCHs

(source | 2)

I hope the deals will happen. Want to see the kfans pissed off. How many truck protest will be sent this time? :whistle:

• I don't think that is the case. Yes, teams usually send their ace players or the team captain to Media Day but not always.

Pretty sure they're trying to make her the new face of the franchise

Anyway haters are already sending flower wreaths (with unhappy messages :gone:) and truck protests to AI Pepper after one single night since the news broke.

It's been 2 years, for Jaeyeong who has zero evidence at all that she committed any mistake when she was younger (like Dayeong had), and basically had the #1 work ethic and attitude in the league despite her achievements throughout her time as a pro (even in school according to her coaches)...

At this point its just fanaticism in the Korean volleyball community, do they honestly think the current players are perfect? Just a few years ago they closed a blind eye to certain senior players joking about getting juniors to wash their laundry for them for years, soup serving, and so many more worse things due to abuse of senority.

I won't be surprised if it's still ongoing now with them staying in shared dorms.

For her own sake I hope she plays overseas, though I was really excited at the prospect of her returning.

The current league standard has dropped significantly due to many other reasons as well.

• Personally, the ways these haters/antis behave are exactly the same as the bullies they are criticising the Lee twins of being.

An easy illustration is that Korean volleyball fans view their league like a large kpop group, and twins are members they have banished and never want to let back into it

They don't want to see them in the league and playing with their favourite players

It's because KVA and Pink Spiders listened to their protest last year that they believe they have so much control over such decisions for the league:gone::down:

When in fact its just a few individuals with money sending these protests

• Personally, the ways these haters/antis behave are exactly the same as the bullies they are criticising the Lee twins of being.

its been a while and i felt the need to comeback to the forum hahaha somehow i heard a calling and i feel like i will see my jaeyeong play again. playing along side lee soyoung will be fun to watch, i dont remember seeing them on the same side before, besides NT.

anyways, it seems more positive this time around since theres actually flower wraths of encouragement too

• It's because KVA and Pink Spiders listened to their protest last year that they believe they have so much control over such decisions for the league:gone::down:

When in fact its just a few individuals with money sending these protests

the volleyball "fans" protesting only had the power because it was given to them. like banishing the twins brought in more audience, in reality it was probably the twins that made the league more popular. (dont qoute me on that, just guessing hahaha)

• just from the first few points, Katarina (Hipass) isnt a strong foreigner, or even hitter in general. her swing is weak, her jump is heavy. i dont follow much, but were did she play before this?

hard to say how the season will go but Hyundai does seem have a higher chance.

• just from the first few points, Katarina (Hipass) isnt a strong foreigner, or even hitter in general. her swing is weak, her jump is heavy. i dont follow much, but were did she play before this?

hard to say how the season will go but Hyundai does seem have a higher chance.

she was in the second tier of Switzerland...

is she an SB Community player? they seem to have had a very heavy influence on the draft