Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• not to go against realista, that surely know a lot more than me, but Modena without Ngapeth is shit. If the turkish rumors are true Modena is in danger.

Well, I was referring to the fact that Ngapeth earns like 500,000 euro a year for being a good player, but not a leading force of this team. Davyskiba is probably better this year while being twice as cheap and 10 years younger. I've never said putting 36yo Marechal in place of Ngapeth isn't a downgrade, haha.

• Maybe they could surprise Lube in the playoff

I don't think it would be a surprise tho, considering they'll probably have a better record in regular season (14-8, Civitanova is at 13-8, but today plays Perugia) and I'm pretty confident in saying that Verona has more talented roster.

The question is if they can keep their composure on technical level with Keita in reception in the playoffs. Civitanova has shaky reception as well, but also by far more experienced lineup.

• I don't think it would be a surprise tho, considering they'll probably have a better record in regular season (14-8, Civitanova is at 13-8, but today plays Perugia) and I'm pretty confident in saying that Verona has more talented roster.

The question is if they can keep their composure on technical level with Keita in reception in the playoffs. Civitanova has shaky reception as well, but also by far more experienced lineup.

If Keita black out in reception, the only solution is Magalini. But Magalini has the same level of shaky reception :aww::aww:

• The regular season is finished. Quaterfinal of the playoff:

1-8 Perugia-Milan

4-5 Lube-Verona

3-6 Modena-Piacenza

2-7 Trento-Monza

Perugia and Trento are definitely favored for advancing to semifinals. However, it will not be easy for Lube and Modena.

• The question is if they can keep their composure on technical level with Keita in reception in the playoffs. Civitanova has shaky reception as well, but also by far more experienced lineup.

Service-reception will be the key factor. However, the statistics also show that Verona has the 2nd best attacking performance after Perugia, even though their reception is way worse than Perugia. So if Lube wants to win, they also need to improve the blocking.

• This is the first season Keita plays in Superlega and he plays OH instead of Opp which he is more comfortable in.

He has the highest spike rate (56.3%) among all OH&Opp, even higher than Leon (56%). I know that statistic along don't tell the whole story, but that already tells how much potential he got. Wouldn't surprised if some nation try to recruit and nationalized him.

• This is the first season Keita plays in Superlega and he plays OH instead of Opp which he is more comfortable in.

He has the highest spike rate (56.3%) among all OH&Opp, even higher than Leon (56%). I know that statistic along don't tell the whole story, but that already tells how much potential he got. Wouldn't surprised if some nation try to recruit and nationalized him.

France: allow me to introduce myself…

• Have not followed Superlega for a while. Is regular season over now? Perugia 22:0. What a record!

I take a look at Perugia's roster this season. My goodness. Looks like Sirci spent a lot of money. :)

Even Ropret is a sub setter. Herrera is a good sub for Rychlicki. Herrera's athletic, with spike power and great serves. Flavio also improved middle. He's a good replacement for Ricci. Semeniuk, Plotnytskyi, Cardenas and Leon... What an OH roster.

Even Perugia's second roster is better than half of teams in A1.

If Perugia do not win CL champion or Superlega Champion this season, I will be surprised.

• I hope though they won't choke again especially during high stake matches.

• I hope though they won't choke again especially during high stake matches.

Yeah, Perugia had a history of choking at clutch time.

Their mental toughness suddenly collapsed sometimes, even with Leon.

TBH, Leon had choked a few times at clutch time, either with Perugia or with Poland NT.

• Guys I am not watching so much the championship but I see lately that Semeniouk does not play so much. Did he lost his place as a starter?

It seems so, Plotnitsky is outplaying him throughout a season and it seems possible that Anastasi after CI loss (even though it wasn't Semeniuk's fault) finally decided to play with Ukrainian in the most relevant matches, he started all games against Berlin and Milano in the past couple of weeks.

• Zaytsev already plays like a 3rd OH in several sideouts. Balaso again sucks in reception in a club just to play phenomenal in NT when it matters, lol. This is so funny that Civitanova wanted to rebuild their team and hire young players, and now they get crushed by even younger team with much lower budget, and the only good moments in the past couple of weeks happened when their oldest spiker (Zaytsev) actually lead the whole team. This is awfully constructed team, and not only from short-term perspective.

As much as I criticized Ngapeth for not giving a damn about league games throughout a year - he's fantastic in the last two weeks. I am also so impressed with Lagumdzija: he won Trofeo Gazzetta this year, but was shaky against the top tier opponent in regular season - these two games against Piacenza were really great, he may be finally reaching this level of all-round rock-solid opposite great in out of system balls.

• DAI MILANO ALÈ, NON MOLLARE PERCHÉ, TUTTA QUANTA LA CURVA È CON TEEEEE.
    Guys, what a game… i nearly had a stroke.