Men's CEV Champions League 2023

• This rally shows why Toniutti is a better setter than Ma'A.

The choice of Ma'A's passing is questionable at clutch time. It hurts team's momentum.

• definitely lots of room to grow for Ma'a, guess he is still young especially for a setter. hopefully he will find a good team and coach to work with.

26 years isn’t exactly young for today’s volleyball… doesn’t he stay in Ankara next year?

• definitely lots of room to grow for Ma'a, guess he is still young especially for a setter. hopefully he will find a good team and coach to work with.

The attack ability of two teams:

Boyer + Clevenot + Fornal = Nimir + Jaeschke + Yigit/Oguzhan

But the setter makes a big difference.

Toniutti > Ma'A

Ma'A is 26 years old, the same age as Tuaniga.

But Tuaniga has a better chance as Christenson's sub in USA NT.

• Come on! Could CEV find a better commentator other than this annoying chicken voice guy?

Zaksa had a good start, service pressure impacted Perugia's reception.

• Perugia struggled in reception, while Zaksa had much better reception, so the setter could easily set up balls for OH/OPP.

• Rychlicki needs to be benched. He got blocked twice on 1 on 1. Herrera could spike at a fast pace.

The whole Perugia team looks nervous from the beginning.

• The set #2 is intense. Zakas missed a gold chance to nail the set.

Missing communication between Janusz and his OH cost the set.

• Leon's passing is such a liability, assume this will affect his position in NT too.

No way. Leon is the No.1 choice as OH in Poland NT.

Giannelli's passing to pos 4 has been an issue for years, even when he's with Trentino.

He's much better when passing the ball to pos 2.

• It's still a tough game for Perugia. Both Plotnytskyi and Leon played below their normal level so far in this game.

Luckily, Herrera saved Perugia's ass in set #2. Herrera's defense and dig are good too, given that he's an OPP.

Anastasi finally replaced Plotnytskyi with Semeniuk. It's a bit late though.

• well, there is no ball for the setter to set with constant bad passes.

I say that not from one game. I have been following Giannelli's game in Superlega in last 5 years, and also his NT performance.

His pass to pos 2 is much better than pos 4.

• I say that not from one game. I have been following Giannelli's game in Superlega in last 5 years, and also his NT performance.

His pass to pos 2 is much better than pos 4.

not questioning your comment about Giannelli. I made a comment about Leon's passing skills, and then you were talking about Giannelli's set to position 4.

My point is Leon's passing needs to be better, otherwise will be a liability to the team.

• Only Herrera's doing a good job. Plotnytskyi's ace serve was missing, and his attack was a total disaster.

Giannelli needs to relax, his passing is crucial for Perugia.

Anastasi's too stubborn. Why not send Ropret on to chance the rhythm?

• not questioning your comment about Giannelli. I made a comment about Leon's passing skills, and then you were talking about Giannelli's set to position 4.

My point is Leon's passing needs to be better, otherwise will be a liability to the team.

Because Zaksa tried to serve every ball to Leon to affect his attack. You can not ask everything from a power spiker. Leon's not the type of comprehensive OH. But Leon's the core player at clutch time. Without his spike and serve, Kazan won't win 4 time CL champion in a row if you watched his game.