USA Women's NT 2023

• I don’t think Kim Glass was such a dominant attacker. She definitely was an offensive OH, but I don’t think she could carry a team… Megan Hodge/Easy was the last one I remember

Yes Megan had a lot of potential, don't know what happened to her after she got in jail🤦

• I think that was Kim Willoughby.

Oh my bad, you are probably right

• Talking about all these dominant OHs from the past and their passing was mediocre at best.

Putting them to the service pressure nowadays they would definitely shank here there and everywhere:lol:

• She said her goal is to play in the Olympics and that is her dream and she doesn’t see her playing after achieving that in an interview a few years ago.

Carlini will play in LOVB in the U.S. next season, yes? She is still young enough to compete for next Olympics if she wants to hold on. But if coaching staff is the same next Games she would not be selected again.

• Talking about all these dominant OHs from the past and their passing was mediocre at best.

Putting them to the service pressure nowadays they would definitely shank here there and everywhere:lol:

True. US in general does not train all basic skills at the junior level like European teams seem to do. Junior volleyball in America is for-profit business, not intended to groom for collegiate or national team success. They are not part of municipalities. US players who emerge as good all around players are best for US national team system. And there are an abundance of those players. So US will always be in conversation and winning among the best in the world! 🤩 🇺🇸 🏆

• Keba Phipps played very little for the US national team and only after the age of 30...

She was an incredible player, with an impressive physical power, as only some Cuban players had shown until then...

In her prime (in the 90s, in which she was the most dominant player in the Italian championship and European cups) she always refused all call-ups...

She only joined the national team in the 2000s: she participated in the 2002 World Cup (she was now 33 years old) and her absence from the final (due to a ball in the eye suffered in the last training session before the match) paved the way for success of Italy... With honesty, it must be said that with her on the field it would most likely have gone differently...

Keba Phipps actually played for USA in Seoul 1988. Below is a compelling interview with her from that period.

• Well the only one can remember as a project is kim glass or megan easy that for other reasons couldn't keep up the level

Hodge-Easy is a borderline case for me. I dont think she was dominant on the highest level, at least not consistently. But she was a very potent force in somewhat less competitive environments, as when she played for Sopot back in the days. She was virtually unstoppable in Poland. More or less the same might be said about Kim Glass, imo. She had some explosive displays, but never really had a breakthrough on the highest level.

• Isn't Karch seriously considering Logan as an opposite this summer in wide roster? In a team where Cuttino got chances, Logan definitely deserves a shot. Her numbers are rocketing since she switched to opposite in GS.

• Isn't Karch seriously considering Logan as an opposite this summer in wide roster? In a team where Cuttino got chances, Logan definitely deserves a shot. Her numbers are rocketing since she switched to opposite in GS.

And today, she played against Nilüfer as OPP with 33 attack pts (58%) and 2 aces, with 35 points in total. Amazing performance.

I was thinking about the same today! She is literally on fire 🔥 like girl, what were you thinking while suffering to be an outside hitter whole 2 season?😂 She is flourishing as Opp 👏👏

• I was thinking about the same today! She is literally on fire 🔥 like girl, what were you thinking while suffering to be an outside hitter whole 2 season?😂 She is flourishing as Opp 👏👏

To be honest, not that much my friend. Starting from the mid season, she started doing well at reception as well but still needed time to be much better. Her bad reception performance in the 1st half, reduced her overall reception performance but even though, she managed to complete around 43% which is not so bad. Simply not very good but not terrible. As you will remember, I always said that, she is a very good attacker.

Move from OH to OPP was a very good decision by Hernandez and that is not because Logan was bad at reception but it was Cuttino, who made everyone sick, with so many simple mistakes at critical moments. Yes, Logan used this chance very well and really deserves all praises.

And you have JT and Drews with very poor club season. 😅 but i guess they have this system or culture that they don't just change or add players right away because the player didn't have a good season. Maybe after paris logan will definitely have a chance if she continue to play. I heard jt and drews have different plans after paris.

• Karch should bring Eggleston or maybe even Kipp instead of Samedy to VNL. Both of them have more potential than Samedy.

Agree. Kipp is real queen but let's give her more time in her professional career and observe her full year performance, then we shall have more vision about her. I strongly believe that, she will succeed.

• Both cuttino and samedy were bad this season, I would bet on Eggleston as third opp and she what she can do during vnl

• that's probably because logan started playing as OH and we all know she has alot of competition with that position lol. Most likely karch already invited all possible players for that position (OPP) and logan just started her amazing performances as opp. however, he already submitted or can't add more players in that position

• that's probably because logan started playing as OH and we all know she has alot of competition with that position lol. Most likely karch already invited all possible players for that position (OPP) and logan just started her amazing performances as opp. however, he already submitted or can't add more players in that position

What do you mean? You can take 1 OPP and 5 OHs, or all OHs and no OPP.. there’s no rule.. only a max number of players

Karch is not really into improvisation, or changing according to the circumstances.. he already has a a ‘system’ in his mind, that’s why I think we won’t see her as OPP