USA Women's NT 2023

• Sorry but this is so wrong. How can NT be more nicer and beautiful just because She is black/white/brown/yellow. She is simple beautiful just because She is beautiful not because of her race.
    If someone said that team is much nicer and more beautiful because their is more white players in it everyone would freak out, be called racist, cancel it or so on.

• Sorry but this is so wrong. How can NT be more nicer and beautiful just because She is black/white/brown/yellow. She is simple beautiful just because She is beautiful not because of her race.
    If someone said that team is much nicer and more beautiful because their is more white players in it everyone would freak out, be called racist, cancel it or so on.

oh my lanta... this post is not that deep.

USA Volleyball has a diversity issue, its not something made up. USA hasn't had a black (or non-white) outside hitter on a major roster since Hodge??

Bush is simply pointing that out... and its a good thing. USA needs more diversity in a sport where there are too many stereotypes and barriers to entry here.

• oh my lanta... this post is not that deep.

USA Volleyball has a diversity issue, its not something made up. USA hasn't had a black (or non-white) outside hitter on a major roster since Hodge??

Bush is simply pointing that out... and its a good thing. USA needs more diversity in a sport where there are too many stereotypes and barriers to entry here.

USA is probably the most... wait... it is the most diverse team. This ticking boxes destroys any sport. So does USA always have to have a non white OH? Your MBs were always black. How much diversity do you want?

Your libero is Asian.

Looking at USA team right now, i don't see any diversity issue.

• USA is probably the most... wait... it is the most diverse team. This ticking boxes destroys any sport. So does USA always have to have a non white OH? Your MBs were always black. How much diversity do you want?

Your libero is Asian.

I don’t think the argument in here is to choose an African American player just because she has dark skin, just to let you know that very recently US Supreme Court ruled the race cannot be factor for a collage admission to achieve diverse student bodies. That ruling most likely may apply to any sport team as well.

This is more like, if both players are pretty much equal, depending on the composition of the team, it may be better to let African American player to join in for many good reasons. To be an example to many others, and to show that we are an inclusive society, etc.

• I don’t think the argument in here is to choose an African American player just because she has dark skin, just to let you know that very recently US Supreme Court ruled the race cannot be factor for a collage admission to achieve diverse student bodies. That ruling most likely may apply to any sport team as well.

This is more like, if both players are pretty much equal, depending on the composition of the team, it may be better to let African American player to join in for many good reasons. To be an example to many others, and to show that we are an inclusive society, etc.

Hmm. I don't hear any "inclusion" initiative for Asians in sports🤣. Since inclusion is the aim. Why only blacks? No Latinos and Asians? 🤣

And if we base that on the percentage of the population, then black people are over represented in many sports (NBA and NFL the biggest example). Yet we don't hear people trying to equalize that.

And in volleyball, the current USA team is not lacking in "diversity."

There is zero good reason to choose anyone based on their race in a merit-based industry.

The supreme court ruling is right by the way. As an Asian, it pains me to live with such rules that discriminates me just because I'm Asian.

• USA is probably the most... wait... it is the most diverse team. This ticking boxes destroys any sport. So does USA always have to have a non white OH? Your MBs were always black. How much diversity do you want?

Your libero is Asian.

your comment there is exactly what I’m talking about. The stereotypes of black players in this country/team… they’re black, they must be a middle… they’re “strong and powerful”… outside hitters and setters are viewed as a skill position (this is getting way too deep for a forum comment)

it’s not about this specific team, but USAV as a whole. There are systemic problems from youth volleyball up to the senior NT… it’s something that can be addressed

• your comment there is exactly what I’m talking about. The stereotypes of black players in this country/team… they’re black, they must be a middle… they’re “strong and powerful”… outside hitters and setters are viewed as a skill position (this is getting way too deep for a forum comment)

it’s not about this specific team, but USAV as a whole. There are systemic problems from youth volleyball up to the senior NT… it’s something that can be addressed

There are coaches who said that blocking is one of the most difficult to master (reading people and stuff). It seems like this is an insecurity issue more than anything.

Why get so worked up over an stereotype that is observed in many sports? (Black people dominate in sports where physial power is needed).

This idea that we have to compensate for a stereotype is not beneficial.

It's like putting in a quota for Asian participation in sports because "they are seen as physically weaker so we must include them to compensate for that stereotype." It's never a good thing.

• There are coaches who said that blocking is one of the most difficult to master (reading people and stuff). It seems like this is an insecurity issue more than anything.

Why get so worked up over an stereotype that is observed in many sports? (Black people dominate in sports where physial power is needed).

This idea that we have to compensate for a stereotype is not beneficial.

It's like putting in a quota for Asian participation in sports because "they are seen as physically weaker so we must include them to compensate for that stereotype." It's never a good thing.

because you’re limiting a group of people to that specific skill set… what if they don’t want to be physically powerful? What if they want to be smart or creative? That’s the problem.

This is getting off topic.

• because you’re limiting a group of people to that specific skill set… what if they don’t want to be physically powerful? What if they want to be smart or creative? That’s the problem.

This is getting off topic.

I want to be powerful too. But my physicality doesn't allow that (to a level where I would be justifiable preferred on merit). That's just how it is in sports. No doubt the Japanese team would also want to jump as high as Nwakalor (at her heigh, wew). But sports is a brutalist in biology. You don't choose. It chooses you.

Anyway, we have Lanier and Skinner breaking the mold for that. So i'm happy they're actually good at it than being chosen just because....

• Any rule should be applicable to everyone including Asian, and Latinos, everyone.

• 🤣 the affirmative action negatively affected Asians and white people. Your comment is funny.

How so, are you arguing about education or sports. Leave the education part a side. If you are arguing about any particular sport tell me, how is it negatively affecting Asian community. Are you saying that there is an Asian guy who could catch a ball like Justin Jefferson, but he could not be able to find an NFL team because there are so many African American players? Or Are you arguing that you are an excellent volleyball player, but no body hires you because you are an Asian. Sorry I am not following you.

• How so, are you arguing about education or sports. Leave the education part a side. If you are arguing about any particular sport tell me, how is it negatively affecting Asian community. Are you saying that there is an Asian guy who could catch a ball like Justin Jefferson, but he could not be able to find an NFL team because there are so many African American players? Or Are you arguing that you are an excellent volleyball player, but no body hires you because you are an Asian. Sorry I am not following you.

you mentioned affirmative action. I was just saying that it's a racist policy (that affects the Asians mostly). as for sports, no Asian are marching the streets insisting on sports "inclusion" because they know themselves and don't play victim in an area they know they won't excel at.

for you to get to whatever resolution you're at, it seems you're not following anything at all. you didn't understand a thing.

• oh my lanta... this post is not that deep.

Noone deserve to be in roster just to fill American quote of race.

Lanier and Skinner are gone be in the roster for Paris and major competitin because of their performance NOT because they are black and because USA needs diversity. That stupid and idiotic. Be the best and you are gone be in the roster no matter what.

• Noone deserve to be in roster just to fill American quote of race.

Lanier and Skinner are gone be in the roster for Paris and major competitin because of their performance NOT because they are black and because USA needs diversity. That stupid and idiotic. Be the best and you are gone be in the roster no matter what.

no one said any of those things.

Needing diversity =/= “they’re there because they’re not white”

you’re getting upset over a comment by Bush that is not that deep. The conversation about race and volleyball in the United States is more complex than most non-Americans would understand

I will try find a podcast by Chiaka where she discusses this.

• you mentioned affirmative action. I was just saying that it's a racist policy (that affects the Asians mostly). as for sports, no Asian are marching the streets insisting on sports "inclusion" because they know themselves and don't play victim in an area they know they won't excel at.

for you to get to whatever resolution you're at, it seems you're not following anything at all. you didn't understand a thing.

Well, it sounds like you are the one who is not understanding a thing. Perhaps you should explain yourself better what exactly is bothering you instead of attacking me personally. I am just going to give you one example and I am not going to say anything after that. In NFL until very recently all QB’s were white. For some reason no one would hire an African American QB. But you yourself said that it should be a merit-based selection, did you not? Look at now who are currently the best QB.s in NFL, Mohomes, Jackson of Revens, etc.

• Well, it sounds like you are the one who is not understanding a thing. Perhaps you should explain yourself better what exactly is bothering you instead of attacking me personally. I am just going to give you one example and I am not going to say anything after that. In NFL until very recently all QB’s were white. For some reason no one would hire an African American QB. But you yourself said that it should be a merit-based selection, did you not? Look at now who are currently the best QB.s in NFL, Mohomes, Jackson of Revens, etc.

you're the one who mentioned affirmative action here while we're talking about sports. hahaha