USA Women's NT 2023

• If she keeps her level in Italy as well (I think she will because serves are less strong than Turkish league and the ball is also easier to receive), she should snatch one of the Olympic spots in NT

Haven't been following italian league have you? :gone:

• The ball is the same. They don’t play with molten ball. I don’t know when did you watched the last time match in Seria A. :gone::aww:

And how bad reception was from Eczacibasi and Vakifbank in the last matches of CL. That narrative that serve is stronger in TL is idiotic. When We saw the proof.

• If she keeps her level in Italy as well (I think she will because serves are less strong than Turkish league and the ball is also easier to receive)

Other than the ball being the same, I don't see Lee averaging more than 50% in A1. Like, the level of most teams in A1 got weaker this year, but it's still not happening.

• Curious fact. Lee was Frantti's back in Penn State. :lol:

She got a place in the starting six only when she was a junior, after Courtney graduated.

Frantti is struggling more than expected, but still I think people are overacting about her performances so far. She has been with the team for less than 2 months, after a very long NT summer.

• Unpopular opinion: Lee is a better player than Frantti. both karch and Guidetti should have invested in Lee instead of Frantti. Anyone agrees?

Lee had a chance in 2017 or 2018. American fans and USA coaches do not believe she will ever improve passing. So she has been outside looking in. Only players like Frantti or Plummer are perceived to be able to improve. Success in two prior seasons did not count as they were not played in Italy. Also, so many good OH in NCAA system. A good career either way.

• Unpopular opinion: Lee is a better player than Frantti. both karch and Guidetti should have invested in Lee instead of Frantti. Anyone agrees?

False! LOL maybe in attack? But that is because vakifbank has 6 foreign players. Frantti didn't play in 4 consecutive games in the past due to "minor" injury. Their receptions are on same level maybe frantti a bit better. Frantti outplayed lee against their matchup vakifbank vs seri.

• Curious fact. Lee was Frantti's back in Penn State. :lol:

She got a place in the starting six only when she was a junior, after Courtney graduated.

Frantti is struggling more than expected, but still I think people are overacting about her performances so far. She has been with the team for less than 2 months, after a very long NT summer.

This is expected lol she choose vakifbank over novara. Although if i were her i would have go novara before vakifbank to build better experience. The expectation is very high and knowing vakifbank doesn't have an opposite who can carry the scoring (sorry JT) she is expected to help the team in scoring. Even busa can't be trusted as back up (sorry to her fans)

• False! LOL maybe in attack? But that is because vakifbank has 6 foreign players. Frantti didn't play in 4 consecutive games in the past due to "minor" injury. Their receptions are on same level maybe frantti a bit better. Frantti outplayed lee against their matchup vakifbank vs seri.

Lee played one set. Very good stats. But no matter. Cook, Larson, Frantti, and Plummer are in place for USA.

• Lee played one set. Very good stats. But no matter. Cook, Larson, Frantti, and Plummer are in place for USA.

She played one set in that match because she was the target in reception. She didn't score alot in that match as well. USA's has a long list of good OHs. I think lee will have her chance next yr if she plays good she might have a chance for next olympic in 2028. But for now it will be hard for her. The only locked are larson and cook for paris. Lol

• She played one set in that match because she was the target in reception. She didn't score alot in that match as well. USA's has a long list of good OHs. I think lee will have her chance next yr if she plays good she might have a chance for next olympic in 2028. But for now it will be hard for her. The only locked are larson and cook for paris. Lol

Your opinion. Always serving target based on stat sheets posted. But her stats must have been inflated. Could not possibly have done well. 😒
    …and Frantti and Plummer. Maybe in line are Parsons and Bajema. Skills of Skinner and Lanier are doubted as well.

• Guys what do you believe about Madisen Skinner? I saw some of her matches and her attack seems impressive. Has anyone ever seen how she receives? Do you believe that she has possibilities to play in NT or we have a second Eggleston ? Also do you believe that there is some player from NCCA capable for the NT( exept Asia )?

• Skinner is the same player as Lanier. Little bit worst passer but little bit better in attack.

• Guys what do you believe about Madisen Skinner? I saw some of her matches and her attack seems impressive. Has anyone ever seen how she receives? Do you believe that she has possibilities to play in NT or we have a second Eggleston ? Also do you believe that there is some player from NCCA capable for the NT( exept Asia )?

If you talk about OH's, almost all have problems at reception, especially in their early professional career. The ones who can find a place at NT, always seems having a few years of professional experience in Europe and Asia.

Since their system is different than Europe or Asia, they are mainly attack focused and there are really strong players but not very sufficient at reception. It is also different to find statistics about reception in their boards. They mostly digs focused at defense.

Of course there are many talented players blinking to NT and since 2022-2023 my favorite is Kendal Kipp (OPP).

From last year, there are also some solid players like, McKenna Melville (OH), Claire Chaussee (OH), Skyler Fields (OH), Kara McGhee (MB), Leyla Blackwell (MB). Magda Jehlarova is another favorite of mine. She is superb Czechian (NT).

Zoe Fleck, Elena Scott & Elena Oglivie are good liberos and similarly, Gabi Blossom, Kami Miner & Mac Podraza are good setters.

Need to watch the final 16 for final judgement for 2023-2024.

she is an absolutely insane attacker. Her attack from 6 is one of the best I’ve ever seen in college. She played as an opp her first year in college. I’d like to see her move back to the right side in the future. Her jump touch is out of this world

• The Steven guy asked about Madisen Skinner😭

And you obviously mentioned a player from Conegliano 🙉🙈

First of all I was thinking about different Skinner… lol

And why I mentioned this two players because they played together in NT and I could pull paralela.

Skinner should move back to opposite, because she would be a real threat in attack on that position! She could make a good career and be the main opposite of USA NT!

I think Anne DeBeer has the potential to become an all around outside hitter. Next to that I believe Lexi Rodriguez will become starting libero for USA NT when she is finished with college!