USA Women's NT 2023

• It is because she plays as OH in the national team. Lets be honest, if she plays as OH in the national team she would be at the bottom of the barrel. Her passing is worse than Plummer’s.

Everyone knows that obviously. 🤦 So it is irrelevant to the discussion. We are discussing here why karch didn't invite her as Opp but invited Cuttino who had a terrible club season and didn't play second half of season. And the player who actually played instead of her and consistently had an amazing performance, was Eggleston. In second half of season, she was even better than Thompson let alone Cuttino. So it was unfair decision from Karch and I'm sure USA will suffer from it in Olympics. USA always suffered from bad opposites and get successful only when one of them all of a sudden over performed. Again this year determining factor for USA s success will be how Thompson and Drews will perform. We know what to expect from outsides and middles. Opp has been the bottleneck since last Olympics and it is still the problem. It is on karch for not trying other alternatives for opp position

• I wrote this as an answer to someone who said both poulter and plummer are in the roster because of their potential not because of what they showed. That's why I said same is valid for both Drews and Robinson who didn't play this summer so they are also in the roster for their potential not because what they showed in NT. I didn't say anything like she doesn't deserve to be in NT or anything. So don't try to stir shit again

Why are you still here anyways?🤦 Didnt you leave the forum after throwing a tantrum and shit talking about turkey by saying they bought Vargas and now winning everything. I didn't reply your disrespectful message because I thought finally we get rid of you but you are back again. Like have some self respect and pride please🙄

Your first paragraph is fine but the second paragraph is just personal attacks. Everybody is sick of this feud and wants stronger moderation so I'm warning you to stop personal attacks in future.

And I know it's not just you. This goes for everyone.

• Your first paragraph is fine but the second paragraph is just personal attacks. Everybody is sick of this feud and wants stronger moderation so I'm warning you to stop personal attacks in future.

And I know it's not just you. This goes for everyone.

It is not a personal attack, it was a genuine question to someone who claimed that he is leaving forum and said nasty things on his way out. This feud is coming from him constantly stirring the pot by manipulating people's words and triggering people with his racist comments so I was excited that finally he was gone. But seems like some people just claim leaving the forum to get attention 🤦

• It is because she plays as OH in the national team. Lets be honest, if she plays as OH in the national team she would be at the bottom of the barrel. Her passing is worse than Plummer’s.

It seems like, you know nothing about her. She was the MVP of NCAA İN 2022-23 season and had 1,5 season succesful career in one of best leagues in women volleyball. Especially, the point about saying, "her passing is worse than Plummer's" is just comparing apples vs pears.

First of all, her reception was improved a lot, reaching to 43% in normal league season, which was better than Alexa Gray's whose pos. reception was 34%, Derya Cebecioğlu (32%), Celeste Plak (28%) and slightly lower than Bergman, Tuğba and Busa, all having 44% positive reception. So this is not too bad and could not be only criteria for the ignorance.

Looking from attack perspective, while Vargas, Gabi, Ana Cristina, Frantti performed with 45% kill percentage, Gaila Gonzales, Alexa Gray and Jordan Tompson with 43% and İlkin, Busa & Cuttino with 42% Logan had the same with 42%, while Tuğba performed with 41%, Hande with 40%, Drewniok with 39% and Lazovic with 38%, Bergman 36% and Plak 34%.

All above mentioned names, represented their countries at some point of VNL while Logan was not called. And do you still believe in that, this is so normal because she started as OH and than moved to OPP or was playing OH at NCAA or Youth NT? Yes she moved to OPP cause Cuttino did a very bad job in many matches, lost her confidence and so the team's coach's, while fans went crazy about Cuttino's flopping performance and that is why Logan took over and did a great job. That is why, all the time we say, she really deserved the spot in her NT. Just look at Turkish NT, Ebrar's case moving from OPP to OH. Sooo, it is doable, isn't it? Actually it would be an extra option for Kiraly, to have such a player in the roster, playing succesfully in both positions.

I don't know, what will happen to her in American Pro League but one thing I was sure about that, if she was continued in Europe or had at least one year of experience in Japan, she would grow more to become one of the best. Good luck to Karch and Logan.

• Are you late with the news? They already released the Olympic roster and all of them will be in japan for week3

i saw the olympic roster. It didn’t say that all of them will be on week 3. Annie’s condition is vague. I wonder what her injury is. I saw her playing during the practice game with Japan in early May, so I was surprised when I heard she was injured.

• I am aware of her accolades. Thank you very much. But her collegiate achievements do not matter at this point. If we were to compare her to Plummer, they are equally as decorated in college. The matter still stands, Plummer’s reception is better than Eggleston’s at present.

Regarding Eggleston transitioning to playing as Opposite, I was actually an advocate of that one. But its too late for this quad. She will never be a starting opposite for Paris no matter how well she plays. She will have her chance in LA 2028. However, now that Madi Skinner has started playing for the national team most probably as Opposite Eggleston’s chances just went slimmer. Playing Opposite just comes more naturally for Madi.

• I am aware of her accolades. Thank you very much. But her collegiate achievements do not matter at this point. If we were to compare her to Plummer, they are equally as decorated in college. The matter still stands, Plummer’s reception is better than Eggleston’s at present.

Regarding Eggleston transitioning to playing as Opposite, I was actually an advocate of that one. But its too late for this quad. She will never be a starting opposite for Paris no matter how well she plays. She will have her chance in LA 2028. However, now that Madi Skinner has started playing for the national team most probably as Opposite Eggleston’s chances just went slimmer. Playing Opposite just comes more naturally for Madi.

Logan and Plummers college accolades don’t even come close.

Plummer was a 3 time NCAA champion and 2 time NPOY

Logan has 1 of each of those

• Poulter is the only reliable setter that fits in Krach's system after Alisha Glass. Neither Hancock nor Carlini can execute Karch's system well. The advantage for Hancock is connection with MB, reverse setting, and serving. Her setting to position 4 has always been problematic. Carlini's advantage is setting to the pins and defense. Her connection with the MB has never been good.

Carlini's best performance was at the Champions League final and VNL 2019. I thought winning the champions league would booster her confidence, and her technique would improve. But I was wrong. So it was not a surprise that she didn't make to Tokyo. I think this time it's more like a make up for her. Hancock has a gold medal already, and the backup setter would only have limited court time. If Poulter's injury still causes risks, taking Hancock as the 13th person would be the best choice.

I really didn't get, what you were trying to prove here, by comparing her with Plummer. I never compared her with Plummer, since I stressed particularly that, it is just comparing apples vs pears. They didn't play together in the same team and not in the same league in the same season either, so it can never be a like to like comparison. This is the 1st point.

The 2nd point is; while saying that she was the MVP of NCAA 2022, was to point out that she is not an ordinary player. Besides, she was included in AVCA's 1st team for 2 consecutive periods 2021 (for seasons) and 2022. In addition awarded in 2019 second team and in 2018 Honorable Player in her 1st year (Freshman). From 2016 up to 2018 Plummer was always in 1st team and awarded as MVP of 2017 and 2018 and missing for 2019 due to her injury. So both are valuable and not in a rat race.

3rd point is; Kiraly found the way to visit Galatasaray's camp to meet both (Eggleston and Cuttino) at the court and that time, I made a joke in this forum in that sense, saying make a guess for whom is he visiting the training session.... And yes, unfortunately, it was for Cuttino, who was benched due to her failing performance.... The objection was to that wrong (trying not to use any bad expression here) decision with no sense.

I don't remember anyone saying that, Eggleston should be in the Olympic Roster but one thing is real and that is; she never deserved to be ignored and should be honored at least to be added in wide roster of VNL with her current shape at Turkish Sultanlar League. This is what many people are saying. There, she would have that opportunity to show her current shape and who knows, maybe she would be entitled to be in the Olympic Roster?

Last point is; Madisen Skinner is OH not OPP and she used to be OH all the time, even while playing with Logan at Longhorns and she was in the 3rd team in that year (2022), when Logan was awarded as MVP. Before Madi (or Logan), there is Kendall Kipp to take over that spot from Thompson and/or Drews (not even mentioning Cuttino)

I don't care about Kiraly's perferences. I don't care what he will do next. I don't care, what USA will do on the way forward. As a volleyball fan, I really feel so bad and upset for Logan. That is what I know and say.

Users can check the historical AVCA teams with many famous players from here (nostalgic up to present);

https://www.avca.org/award/nca…-i-womens-awards-history/

and download the excel file from the site, to have all lists by year,

By just clicking on the option All-Region Teams and Award Winners by Year (1986-2023)

• What is the point with awards and certifications? :/ I didn't get that part too.

Plummer is most awarded and certificated player in the history of NCAA.

So simple. It is just the background of players who were mostly the part of USA NT (and remember, this is USA Women'S NT Thread). Some quitted and some continued who became really famous with great performance. Is this the only thing you are questioning and only thing you got from above?

By the way, you forgot about legendary Logan Tom, 4 times (4 consecutive years) 1st team player and twice MVP.

• So simple. It is just the background of players who were mostly the part of USA NT (and remember, this is USA Women'S NT Thread). Some quitted and some continued who became really famous with great performance. Is this the only thing you are questioning and only thing you got from above?

By the way, you forgot about legendary Logan Tom, 4 times (4 consecutive years) 1st team player and twice MVP.

I didn't forget anyone. lol

I just said Plummer is the most decorated player in the history of NCAA , which is a fact.

3x All-America First Team (missed the fourth becuase she spent half of the senior year recovering from a injury)

2x National Player of the Year (missed the third becuase of her injury in the senior year)

1x National Freshman of the Year

3x Regional MVP

1x Regional All-Tournament Team

2x Final 4 MVP

1x Final 4 All-Tournament Team

Everyone knows she didn't get the 4th All-America First Team and the 3rd NPOY just because she missed like half of the season.

Logan Tom - one of my all-times favourite players - is just behind (1x Final 4 MVP, 2x Final 4 All-Tournament Team, but 1 more All-America First Team and no Regional awards, maybe there wasn't any at her time or the data got lost, but regional awards showed up from 2003).

I don't need to compare them: I love them both. :heart:

• Also my beloved Logan Tom was MVP of the NCAA tournament just once, not 2 times.

She played for Stanford from 1999 to 2002 and got the MVP in 2001.

The others went to Cacciamani (1999), Cepero (2000) and Burdine (2002), if I remember correctly. Those were the years I felt in love with NCAA and I could watch much more games than now...

• Poulter is the only reliable setter that fits in Krach's system after Alisha Glass. Neither Hancock nor Carlini can execute Karch's system well. The advantage for Hancock is connection with MB, reverse setting, and serving. Her setting to position 4 has always been problematic. Carlini's advantage is setting to the pins and defense. Her connection with the MB has never been good.

Carlini's best performance was at the Champions League final and VNL 2019. I thought winning the champions league would booster her confidence, and her technique would improve. But I was wrong. So it was not a surprise that she didn't make to Tokyo. I think this time it's more like a make up for her. Hancock has a gold medal already, and the backup setter would only have limited court time. If Poulter's injury still causes risks, taking Hancock as the 13th person would be the best choice.

Very good analysis about weakness and s strengths of Carlini and Hancock. They are so complementary that I always think sum of these two could make the perfect setter😂

• Also my beloved Logan Tom was MVP of the NCAA tournament just once, not 2 times.

She played for Stanford from 1999 to 2002 and got the MVP in 2001.

The others went to Cacciamani (1999), Cepero (2000) and Burdine (2002), if I remember correctly. Those were the years I felt in love with NCAA and I could watch much more games than now...

You have almost repeated what I have tried to summarize and do know dear, what the problem is? Same as It happened sometime ago. I mentioned within a table that, Türkiye won World Championship last year and people didn't find it worthful or didn't feel the need to crosscheck, then coming back with 'I didn't know it', or some with reasoning and some with other excuses.

Now we have almost the same thing here.... AVCA is the most recognized and honorable board/source for this kind of assessment in USA and I have shared the link and indicated the source of the full list in excel. There, it is clearly mentioned that Logan Tom honored as MVP of 2001 and 2002 by AVCA. Burdine was in 3rd team in 2003 and in 1st team in 2004 but never awarded as AVCA's MVP.

If you wish, you can simply google it to cross check for Logan Tom.. I hope, you are with me about AVCA (American Volleyball Coaches Association).

You can check also from here;

https://www.avca.org/award/avc…ion-i-player-of-the-year/

I guess we can close this topic.

• logan tom is a very notable name for USA volleyball but Kiraly seem to say that Larson is the best player they've ever had. I didn't follow Logan very much. So i don't know if Larson really surpassed Logan?

I think Larson is a better attacker, this late in her career. But Logan has always been a better defender and a better blocker. Can’t compare their serve since Larson changed to a floater a long time ago, and Logan only jump served