China NT 2023

• But even if she doesn't....I feel that Wu Mengjie, Zhuang Yushan and Wang Yifan > Wang Yunlu, Duan Fang, Du QQ :|

Wu Mengjie's health is still a concern. How recovered is that braced leg of hers and can it withstand a competitive tournament like VNL? Wang Yifan is good, but the experience is not there yet. Zhuang with her fiery spirit should've been called.

• Wu Mengjie's health is still a concern. How recovered is that braced leg of hers and can it withstand a competitive tournament like VNL? Wang Yifan is good, but the experience is not there yet. Zhuang with her fiery spirit should've been called.

Lolsss...Its nearly 1am here and not yet 7am where you are, so we're a night owl 🦉 and an early bird 🐦

:lol:

• Not Tianjin, not Jiangsu, not Shanghai, but Liaoning will be the team playing at the Asian Club Championship.

The NT will soon be moving to their second location (Zhangzhou) for the next phase of training, some players will leave to handle other duties either on a club level or move to the second team, youth team, etc. New players will be brought in.

Also Julian Chow the whereabouts of Wang Yindi and Chen Houyu were found. They were sent to help the Shanghai youth team at the National U19 Volleyball Championship. link

• Not Tianjin, not Jiangsu, not Shanghai, but Liaoning will be the team playing at the Asian Club Championship.

The NT will soon be moving to their second location (Zhangzhou) for the next phase of training, some players will leave to handle other duties either on a club level or move to the second team, youth team, etc. New players will be brought in.

Also Julian Chow the whereabouts of Wang Yindi and Chen Houyu were found. They were sent to help the Shanghai youth team at the National U19 Volleyball Championship. link

I watched the first set....it was just a stroll for Shanghai, with the help of Yindi. I didn’t see Chen Houyu though, was she in the starting line-up? In the Shandong side, Gao Jiaqi seems to have improved....I think she’s no.11? with pony tail and likes to touch her shoes in between points. In the NT youth team, she didn’t get a chance to play much.

As for the Club C’ships, I suppose, since China is the host of the world C C’ships, they’re allowed to enter 2 or more teams, so places for Tianjin and Jiangsu or Shanghai are assured. If Liaoning wins the Asian tournament...then it could get tricky. It would be interesting to see how Liaoning performs under their Japanese coach.

• I watched the first set....it was just a stroll for Shanghai, with the help of Yindi. I didn’t see Chen Houyu though, was she in the starting line-up? In the Shandong side, Gao Jiaqi seems to have improved....I think she’s no.11? with pony tail and likes to touch her shoes in between points. In the NT youth team, she didn’t get a chance to play much.

As for the Club C’ships, I suppose, since China is the host of the world C C’ships, they’re allowed to enter 2 or more teams, so places for Tianjin and Jiangsu or Shanghai are assured. If Liaoning wins the Asian tournament...then it could get tricky. It would be interesting to see how Liaoning performs under their Japanese coach.

I too watched a bit of the first set since the level between the two sides were mismatched. Although the video wasn't of high quality the taller middle playing had the same mannerisms of Chen Houyu which I'm sure was her. I read somewhere that Wang Yindi had to step in for passing when one of the younger OHs was struggling. I don't expect her to be a passing opposite like Gong, but it is still good benefit for her to develop that defensive skill set.

Shenzhen is rumored to host the Club World Championship tournament, but no official statement so the qualified host team is to be determined. Liaoning will need to acquire some players from other clubs in order to compete with teams from Thailand/Japan/Kazakhstan. Their current roster is not enough.

• Zhu's CEV Cup stats

Columns: attempts/kills/errors/blocked/success%/efficiency%/blocks/serves

rows: Gatatasaray 1/2, Zagreb Youth 1/2, Scherwin 1/2, Potsdam 1/2, Turkish Airlines 1/2, Total

• Zhu's CEV Cup stats

Columns: attempts/kills/errors/blocked/success%/efficiency%/blocks/serves

rows: Gatatasaray 1/2, Zagreb Youth 1/2, Scherwin 1/2, Potsdam 1/2, Turkish Airlines 1/2, Total

Is there a link to the tournament she’s playing....CEV Cup ? I tried to google it but it kept showing Cev league, Cev Cup (but Scandicci is not involved in this one).

If Scandicci is in the finals, and if there is live streaming, I’ll try to catch it....

:)

• Is there a link to the tournament she’s playing....CEV Cup ? I tried to google it but it kept showing Cev league, Cev Cup (but Scandicci is not involved in this one).

If Scandicci is in the finals, and if there is live streaming, I’ll try to catch it....

:)

Probably not very friendly to +8 timezone. It's home/away best of 2 + golden set if needed.

Apr 5 23:59

Apr 13 02:00

it will be streamed at https://live.qq.com/10001822 among others

• Apr 5 match is ok in terms of timing, but second match will be hard for me. :white: but not impossible :|

Meanwhile I have stumbled upon some useful links....

Cev cup 2023

and the right thread too, I don’t know how I missed this one :aww:

• Beşiktaş Ceylan got the winner of Kadınlar 1. Ligi !

Congratulation to Ren Kai-yi (32 years old) !

We don't know whether Ren Kai-yi agrees to stay in Beşiktaş Ceylan in Season 23/24 in Sultanlar Ligi.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• rumored 18 player training roster:

OH/OPP: Li Yingying, Zhong Hui, Duan Fang, Gong Xiangyu, Du Qingqing, Wang Yunlu, Wang Yifan, Duan Mengke,

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Zheng Yixin, Yang Hanyu, Gao Yi,

S: Xu Xiaoting, Diao Linyu,

L: Xu Jianan, Ni Feifan, Wang Mengjie

• The 2023 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship starts tomorrow in Vietnam. China is represented by Liaoning Donghua Women's Club. A few familiar faces...Duan Fang, Hu Mingyuan, Xu Jianan and Ding Xia are not in the team, but Sun Haiping and Shi Bingtong are. Hisamitsu from Japan and Diamond Food from Thailand are strong contenders for the title, with the main challenge coming from Altay of Kazakhstan, Liaoning and 'Vietnam Sports Centre'...comprising the Vietnam NT players.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LIAONING TEAM 加油 :box: