China NT 2023

• Latest NT photo only has 18 players pictured.

S: Diao Linyu, Xu Xiaoting

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Zheng Yixin (also MB), Du Qingqing (also OH), Duan Mengke

OH: Li Yingying, Zhong Hui, Wang Yunlu, Chen Xiyue

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu, Gao Yi, Zeng Jieya

L: Wang Mengjie, Ni Feifan, Xu Jianan

Missing:

Ding Xia: still recovering??

Wang Yifan/Duan Fang: cut or moved to B Team/Youth Team?

Wu Mengjie: just finished participating at the National Championship

Miao Yiwen: was in Italy

• Lolsss....has Yuan grown taller ? she looks several inches taller than WYY, who’s 6’5” on her right, and Duan Mengke (6’6”) who is on WYY’s right. Also, DQQ looks bigger, hopefully she’s stronger than before :heart:

• Lolsss....has Yuan grown taller ? she looks several inches taller than WYY, who’s 6’5” on her right, and Duan Mengke (6’6”) who is on WYY’s right. Also, DQQ looks bigger, hopefully she’s stronger than before :heart:

It's the strict military posture that makes her seem taller. :lol:

I'm curious to see if Duan Mengke, Chen Xiyue, and Zeng Jieya will even get playing. They're still young and raw as far experience goes for a tournament like VNL.

• Most of these tall kids came from central and northern China where the people are generally taller. Overall the kids everywhere in China also have more nutritious food nowadays.

The focus on physicality and height may not necessarily be a good thing. But of course if every player was as tall and gifted as Zhu Ting it would be great :lol:

• Any update as to why Zhu Ting will not join VNL this year?

Couldn’t blame ZT for not joining the NT. She paid dearly to play for the NT. Her volleyball career and lucrative salary were almost unceremoniously ended because she was not properly taken good care of by NT. We all know she is from a poor family and she is supporting her family the importance of her financial support is. Wasn’t there a lot of 🇨🇳 people blaming / criticizing her for the poor performances (losses) in Tokyo OG ? Instead she should be applauded for playing while injured.

• Couldn’t blame ZT for not joining the NT. She paid dearly to play for the NT. Her volleyball career and lucrative salary were almost unceremoniously ended because she was not properly taken good care of by NT. We all know she is from a poor family and she is supporting her family the importance of her financial support is. Wasn’t there a lot of 🇨🇳 people blaming / criticizing her for the poor performances (losses) in Tokyo OG ? Instead she should be applauded for playing while injured.

I think she is partly to blams for Tokyo. Apparently she insisted on playing. Lesson learned for health boundaries for her, i hope.

But the very long delay of her operation on her hand was a bit questionnable indeed.

• I think she is partly to blams for Tokyo. Apparently she insisted on playing. Lesson learned for health boundaries for her, i hope.

But the very long delay of her operation on her hand was a bit questionnable indeed.

Really? Are you sure ZT insisted on playing? ZT was pressured and ordered to carry on would likely be the case. She was fooled into believing that her wrist was not very serious. Who would want to play with/ in pain and put their assets (physical or material) as well as their health in jeopardy? Those pain medicines injected or taken orally into her body - the side effects and consequences to her health.

• Really? Are you sure ZT insisted on playing? ZT was pressured and ordered to carry on would likely be the case. She was fooled into believing that her wrist was not very serious. Who would want to play with/ in pain and put their assets (physical or material) as well as their health in jeopardy? Those pain medicines injected or taken orally into her body - the side effects and consequences to her health.

It was mentioned that she was the one who insisted on playing. I don't think she would be forced to play if she can't. She knows her body the most.

• It was mentioned that she was the one who insisted on playing. I don't think she would be forced to play if she can't. She knows her body the most.

Doubt it was done freely. Honestly with the kind of government where she is a subject, one cannot be truly say one’s real thoughts / be honest or else one will be blacklisted and life would be hard and miserable.

• Low key want to see Xu Jianan as the second libero.

I used to be a Ni Feifan stan, but the hype around her died for me. Her progress has been at a standstill and I hate to say it, but even Wang Weiyi's passing is better than hers. NFF is more for defensive purposes which we rarely saw her in action. This past season in the Chinese League she missed out early on due to injury.

• I want to see Wang Simin

Floortje Meijners didn't play international matches from 2009 to 2019. In 2020, she played.

Matey Kaziyski didn't play international matches from 2013 to 2022. In 2023, he will play.

Wang Si-min as the main libero of Chinese women's NT is in the matches of 2017 ACH. Therefore, we are just still waiting.

According to the former matches, she was weaker than Wang Meng-jie and we all know that Wang Meng-jie was thought to the worst main libero by many "Chinese fans". Before 2021, Wang Si-min was just the third libero in Tianjin VC after Meng Zi-xuan and Liu Li-wen.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Some good news, Zhong Hui replaced Wang Yunlu as a starter in the recent training pictures. Hope she gets a real test in VNL and not just as a serving substitute.

S: Diao

OPP: Gong

OH: LYY, Zhong Hui

MB: Yuan, Wang YY

L: Wang Mengjie