China NT 2023

• the women's team also only has two outside hitters, one of which is not on the wide roster :gone:

Given who's available Zhong Hui is not a bad choice and she proved herself in the Chinese League. Can't expect everyone to be on Zhu/LYY's level.

Every NT has a dropoff in level within their OHs.

• I think this 🇨🇳NT players will probably improve 1 or 2 places from last year the best scenario. Of course I wish I am wrong and they will perform well. Surprised that WYL has been picked again this year. Do not see anything special about her - slow, low bounce and average hitting power. Has she improved? Her spot should have been given to younger prospect OH.

• I think this 🇨🇳NT players will probably improve 1 or 2 places from last year the best scenario. Of course I wish I am wrong and they will perform well. Surprised that WYL has been picked again this year. Do not see anything special about her - slow, low bounce and average hitting power. Has she improved? Her spot should have been given to younger prospect OH.

Zhuang Yushan should've been called.

some of the pics from the training camp show that she lost some weight. I get she's not the ideal choice or player but at least she put effort in last year.

• Given who's available Zhong Hui is not a bad choice and she proved herself in the Chinese League. Can't expect everyone to be on Zhu/LYY's level.

I don't really want to get into such a long essay, but the problem is, after 2013-15 Lang Ping has, whether by her own volition or due to objective circumstances, developed a system where the outsides do a disproportionate amount of work. So anyone who is not on zhu or LYY's level is "not good enough" in the context of the national team since 2015-20.

• the women's team also only has two outside hitters, one of which is not on the wide roster :gone:

Given who's available Zhong Hui is not a bad choice and she proved herself in the Chinese League. Can't expect everyone to be on Zhu/LYY's level.

Zhong Hui wasn’t in the wide roster ? :huh:

At least now we know that they are flexible enough to accommodate changes !

.....now, if only they will look at Wu MJ, Zhuang YS, Zhou Yetong, Miao YW and Wang Yindi, whose talents are not fully realised as she receives so few settings, as an OP. Imo, she can be a good OH prospect as well. :call:

• I don't really want to get into such a long essay, but the problem is, after 2013-15 Lang Ping has, whether by her own volition or due to objective circumstances, developed a system where the outsides do a disproportionate amount of work. So anyone who is not on zhu or LYY's level is "not good enough" in the context of the national team since 2015-20.

Lol, I was typing my post and missed this..... I think there is some truth in the last point.

• I don't really want to get into such a long essay, but the problem is, after 2013-15 Lang Ping has, whether by her own volition or due to objective circumstances, developed a system where the outsides do a disproportionate amount of work. So anyone who is not on zhu or LYY's level is "not good enough" in the context of the national team since 2015-20.

This type of mentality is what's hurting the NT. Let's be honest Zhong Hui will never reach their level, but she's putting in the work to become the best her she can be and that's why she deserves recognition.

• Zhong Hui wasn’t in the wide roster ? :huh:

At least now we know that they are flexible enough to accommodate changes !

.....now, if only they will look at Wu MJ, Zhuang YS, Zhou Yetong, Miao YW and Wang Yindi, whose talents are not fully realised as she receives so few settings, as an OP. Imo, she can be a good OH prospect as well. :call:

Would love to see Zhou Yetong and Wang Yindi on a roster together! :heart:

They can alternate playing time and learn from each other.

• Would love to see Zhou Yetong and Wang Yindi on a roster together! :heart:

They can alternate playing time and learn from each other.

If that happens it would be great....and there could be a window of opportunity for them in September with the 3 tournaments very close to each other. Let’s see what Cai Bin has in store for us. Although I think the VNL should be the last chance saloon for him...if he mess up big time, it really is time for him to go :wavy:

• I think it is wrong because this:

It's just from one person! They (VNL of many male and female NT without Italy!) are all unofficial and weren't found in FIVB website!

I doubt he might be "not a good man" and even about r words ...

Plus: Why in the roster of Slovenia men's NT, in the club line of Koncilja, before "ACH VOLLEY", are there a blank space? Who can said about it?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I saw on a Vietnamese website, their Volleyball Federation is applying to host the Women’s Club WCHs since China has requested to withdraw from hosting ?

of course they withdrew :gone:

FIVB should really penalize CVA after all the times they submitted to host a tournament then got the bid just to end up canceling on them.

• Why did they withdraw? I always thought China has no problems (money wise) with events like these.

Not sure.

Maybe they decided to back out since it was just announced that Zhu renewed with Scandicci and she can't help Tianjin reach the podium.

• Not sure.

Maybe they decided to back out since it was just announced that Zhu renewed with Scandicci and she can't help Tianjin reach the podium.

Due to Paris 2024, the 2023/24 season will be a very tight schedule. Club season will be shortened. I doubt that most countries will not be interested in participating in CWCH.

Good points, but perhaps there's a combination of factors and no straightforward answers :(

I hope Vietnam is given the opportunity to host, they are trying so hard to show the world what they are capable of doing . Give them a chance :)

• I just realised how out-of-the-loop I was with the volleyball world when I saw the China-Brazil match playing on my TV!

Saw MANY familiar faces, some of them good, some of them not-so, and I don't know what to feel... I thought they'd lose the 5th set but I am now pleasantly surprised :):)

Looking forward to everyone's "match report" as usual :cheesy:

• i watched a 10 minute highlight

it's nothing different from 2022 except they have the best of VNL and WCH (best of VNL = healthy GXY, best of WCH = presence of WMJ).

I think Diao's sets are getting more accurate too.