Italian Women's NT 2023

• Sure but the question is why the Federation annouced her name in the VNL wide roster? Were they sure the passport was going to get on time? Or did they want to give Kate certainty that she is considered for the NT regardless of when the passport is provided

I think it's the last one, to give certainty and confidence to Kate that she belongs to Italian NT now after all the troubles she went through to play for Italy.

• The Italian bureaucracy has no excuses...

But in this case, since Russia is involved and considering the current political relations between the two states, I think the delay is easily assessable...

I think the fact that the Italian federation has included her in the list without considering all this aspects is much more open to criticism...

• That's also to consider that if they didn't include her in the wide VNL roster she wouldn't have been able to play anyway, regardless of the passport. I think it's understandable that she was included, also because the wide roster had to be submitted by the end of April or so

• 14 of these18 players will go to HK for second round.

Palleggiatrici: Francesca Bosio e Giulia Gennari.

Opposti: Sylvia Nwakalor e Adhuoljok John Majak Malual.

Schiacciatrici: Alice Degradi, Sofia D’Odorico, Francesca Villani, Myriam Sylla, Loveth Omoruyi.

Centrali: Linda Nwakalor, Alessia Mazzaro, Anna Danesi, Federica Squarcini, Marina Lubian, Sarah Fahr.

Liberi: Eleonora Fersino, Sara Panetoni e Beatrice Parrocchiale.

As anticipated, only Lubian and Fahr will be back to help, other "veteran" players won't participate at all. If Fersino can join the team and help with reception, it would lift some burden of Omoruyi.

• Nothing to complain about this roster from me cause these are the players that are available atm beside i wish Frosini was included instead of Malual. At least Frosini is a good blocker and server and relatively young. The Malual girl only makes ton of errors.

• The Italian bureaucracy has no excuses...

But in this case, since Russia is involved and considering the current political relations between the two states, I think the delay is easily assessable...

I think the fact that the Italian federation has included her in the list without considering all this aspects is much more open to criticism...

BTW, dose Kate have to take the final exam of high school this summer ??

What a busy, multitasking high school girl :super:

• Here are the 18 athletes summoned by Mazzanti, for the resumption of training.

The athletes will meet tomorrow, at 3.30 pm at the training center in Rome to work ahead of the VNL stages scheduled in Hong Kong (June 13-18) and Bangkok (June 27 - July 2).

Setter: Francesca Bosio e Giulia Gennari.

Opposite: Sylvia Nwakalor e Adhuoljok John Majak Malual.

Outside Hitteri: Alice Degradi, Sofia D’Odorico, Francesca Villani, Myriam Sylla, Loveth Omoruyi.

Middle Blocker: Linda Nwakalor, Alessia Mazzaro, Anna Danesi, Federica Squarcini, Marina Lubian, Sarah Fahr.

Libero: Eleonora Fersino, Sara Panetoni e Beatrice Parrocchiale.

From 7 to 10 June, together with this group, Ekaterina Antropova will also work, invited to take part in the training.

• Nothing to complain about this roster from me cause these are the players that are available atm beside i wish Frosini was included instead of Malual. At least Frosini is a good blocker and server and relatively young. The Malual girl only makes ton of errors.

While I agree on Frosini, considering that Mingardi is Mazzanti's kryptonite and Nicoletti seems to not deserve a chance because she doesn't play in Italy, I'd rather insist on Malual rather than keep on starting with Nwakalor.

Waiting for Antropova like she's Godot of course.

• While I agree on Frosini, considering that Mingardi is Mazzanti's kryptonite and Nicoletti seems to not deserve a chance because she doesn't play in Italy, I'd rather insist on Malual rather than keep on starting with Nwakalor.

If you ask me, I would guess the reason for not summoning Nicoletti is because Mazzanti deems her too old to be a prospect. Nwakalor at least can kill some in system balls but Malual ? That girl is not capable of anything. What did you see in her ?

Waiting for Antropova like she's Godot of course. + 1 :heart::heart:

• With this group, especially with these OH's and these O's, I find it quite unlikely to win the 3 out of 4 games needed to keep alive any hopes of making it to the final stage...

And I agree with Colinaddicted : Malual is useless at this level and (IMHO) she will never be...

Being able to summon someone like Nicoletti, who was the best scorer in a championship like the Turkish one and not bring her, even as a backup, is a crime...

• If you ask me, I would guess the reason for not summoning Nicoletti is because Mazzanti deems her too old to be a prospect. Nwakalor at least can kill some in system balls but Malual ? That girl is not capable of anything. What did you see in her ?

Waiting for Antropova like she's Godot of course. + 1 :heart::heart:

It would be kind of weird, considering she called both Degradi and D'Odorico, which are basically the same age of Nicoletti (she was born in 1996 and they were born in 1997 if I'm not wrong).

Back to Malual, not much really, but at least she's taller and can bring a bit more of physicality. Plus, she didn't play as much as Nwakalor in these years.

• It would be kind of weird, considering she called both Degradi and D'Odorico, which are basically the same age of Nicoletti (she was born in 1996 and they were born in 1997 if I'm not wrong).

Back to Malual, not much really, but at least she's taller and can bring a bit more of physicality. Plus, she didn't play as much as Nwakalor in these years.

I don't know if you follow Malual's performance in Casalmaggiore these two seasons. The girl played decently one out of ten games. The rest of games she played terribly. There is a reason why no A1 clubs hire her to be a starting opp, not even the low level teams. She has plenty of opportunities to prove herself these two season in Casalmaggiore because their starting opp for two season were injured for most of time. But she failed most of time, hitting low rate with tons of errors.

Giving her court time won't change the fact that she is a A2 level and useless at this level. She is not some 18 19 y/o that have much potential to be discovered. We all know she is here to fill the space because Kate is not available.

I've been telling you guys. Among all young Italian OPPs Frosini has the mest potential. She was head to head with Akimova during the U20 and also she's so different player from Egonu for example.

• While I agree on Frosini, considering that Mingardi is Mazzanti's kryptonite and Nicoletti seems to not deserve a chance because she doesn't play in Italy, I'd rather insist on Malual rather than keep on starting with Nwakalor.

I think people are beung unfair with Nwakalor. She's been playing okay during this first week of the VNL also she was the best spiker of the VNL 2021. They all taking about her like she's at the end of her career but the girls is what 23-24, is a year younger than Egonu.

• With this group, especially with these OH's and these O's, I find it quite unlikely to win the 3 out of 4 games needed to keep alive any hopes of making it to the final stage...

And I agree with Colinaddicted : Malual is useless at this level and (IMHO) she will never be...

Being able to summon someone like Nicoletti, who was the best scorer in a championship like the Turkish one and not bring her, even as a backup, is a crime...

Really? The games against Bulgaria, Dominican Republic and the Netherlands are accesible and tonme Italia is the fav. The one they would for sure struggle is against China.

• I don't know if you follow Malual's performance in Casalmaggiore these two seasons. The girl played decently one out of ten games. The rest of games she played terribly. There is a reason why no A1 clubs hire her to be a starting opp, not even the low level teams. She has plenty of opportunities to prove herself these two season in Casalmaggiore because their starting opp for two season were injured for most of time. But she failed most of time, hitting low rate with tons of errors.

Giving her court time won't change the fact that she is a A2 level and useless at this level. She is not some 18 19 y/o that have much potential to be discovered. We all know she is here to fill the space because Kate is not available.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying she's much better and how outrageous is that Nwakalor is starting rather than her...

I think people are beung unfair with Nwakalor. She's been playing okay during this first week of the VNL also she was the best spiker of the VNL 2021. They all taking about her like she's at the end of her career but the girls is what 23-24, is a year younger than Egonu.

... It's just that in four years Mazzanti never tried or really tested other options rather than Nwakalor. Nothing against her, she is a very decent girl from what I heard, but despite her jumping I feel she has a limited range of tips in attack and sometimes this is exploited by the opponents to block or force her into error.

Still, one can do nothing but think about the poor Julia...

• I think people are beung unfair with Nwakalor. She's been playing okay during this first week of the VNL also she was the best spiker of the VNL 2021. They all taking about her like she's at the end of her career but the girls is what 23-24, is a year younger than Egonu.

I know Sisso very well...

She was in Florence for 4 years...

Il Bisonte made a big bet on her and lost it...

She is a player with big technical limitations which, however, could very well compensate with her incredible athleticism, moreover she is a very good girl and a great worker in the gym...

Her problem is above all with her character: she suffers incredibly under pressure and has no ability to reset after a mistake...

When the match is important or the scores rise above on 20 all, she panics and makes hallucinating mistakes and when she makes a mistake, she never makes a single one, but two, three, even four consecutive ones: she absolutely doesn't have the character to play O...

In Florence she had a ideal environment to grow: zero pressure, the team just for her, a management that supported her 100%, but she didn't improve...

Too bad...

• I've been telling you guys. Among all young Italian OPPs Frosini has the mest potential. She was head to head with Akimova during the U20 and also she's so different player from Egonu for example.

Frosini is not a bad player but she is not an international prospect and combining her name with Akimova is quite ridiculous: If during the youth team Akimova was already superior to her, now the distance between the two is sidereal...

This year in Bergamo Frosini was faced with Lorrayna, player theoretically within her reach, but she failed to worry her in the slightest...