Italian Women's NT 2023

• I don't really care for this debate about one's personality since these things tend to happen and egos clash every now and then. Egonu has some notoriety so I guess she's a bitch no matter what she does.

but just how many languages do you speak fluently? And that Italian site that you linked isn't free, it says I have to pay to be able to read the article so I have no way to verify your quotes.

refresh it, you can see it, at least it works for me. I already shared the crucial part.

• refresh it, you can see it, at least it works for me. I already shared the crucial part.

Why are you so adamantly trying to bash her? So what if she also has a diva attitude sometimes btw, I don't get why everyone always wants people to act in a way that they consider acceptable. It's not based on my own judgements, her teammates in Vakif loved her and she helped her team to win CL. We are just countering your point, some people maybe don't love her, others do. Maybe she was a diva at times in her career, she is still young. What does that mean? That she is human like everyone but I don't see why this push on a villain theory. Did they pay you ? :D

• Even if you remove Egonu from squad, there still will be drama in Italy Nt. Players like Danesi needs attention that she can’t get it with her non-existent play and she’s trying to get attention with interviews or in the locker room:roll:

• Why are you so adamantly trying to bash her? So what if she also has a diva attitude sometimes btw, I don't get why everyone always wants people to act in a way that they consider acceptable. It's not based on my own judgements, her teammates in Vakif loved her and she helped her team to win CL. We are just countering your point, some people maybe don't love her, others do. Maybe she was a diva at times in her career, she is still young. What does that mean? That she is human like everyone but I don't see why this push on a villain theory. Did they pay you ? :D

you caught me, I work for Davide Mazzanti.

if you deny my posts, then reply them and criticize me in these replies, I respond these posts, you can just accept and go without making excuses.

edit: I am sure someone will not get it so; at the last part I mean you can just accept the sources and go.. .

• Even if you remove Egonu from squad, there still will be drama in Italy Nt. Players like Danesi needs attention that she can’t get it with her non-existent play and she’s trying to get attention with interviews or in the locker room:roll:

You are right my friend: so much drama, so many victories and so many medals...

That's how we are: we like the complete package...

• and after every tournament, y’all are worried about which player will leave nt this time:roll: ngl very toxic environment

Who's y'all? you and who? also didn't Belgium's NT have like half of its former players leave and I don't see people shitting on Herbots about it

Out all of the possible names of players that one can label them as problematic, the last one I would have ever imagined is Anna Danesi...

Then again, considering how poorly the NT has been managed from the last couple of years, I shouldn't be surprised about the distorted perception of the team and the players. Surely this is one of the main factors of these misconceptions.

Who's y'all? you and who? also didn't Belgium's NT have like half of its former players leave and I don't see people shitting on Herbots about it

I read some posts against Herbots to be honest.

• Omg do you really use this as a proof? This is a big BS😂 you are picking a few sentences which basically mean nothing and pretend like you are building a case against Egonu🤦 It is not a secret that Danesi is a bitter person who likes to blame others for her own shortcomings (remember what she did with ebrar's case) so using her as a reference is a malicious intention :hit:

• Based on what I heard from a very close friend of mine who is a journalist and very close to Vakıfbank. He said egonu has an amazing personality, get along very well with everyone in the team and Vakıfbank really wanted to keep her but she didn't want to.

So now what you heard from your imaginary Turkish reporter is cancelled 🥰 case dropped

• Who's y'all? you and who? also didn't Belgium's NT have like half of its former players leave and I don't see people shitting on Herbots about it

Good morning after supper!😂

Better keep up with the forum. She is hated by forum members as much as Jules is 😏

• Based on what I heard from a very close friend of mine who is a journalist and very close to Vakıfbank. He said egonu has an amazing personality, get along very well with everyone in the team and Vakıfbank really wanted to keep her but she didn't want to.

So now what you heard from your imaginary Turkish reporter is cancelled 🥰 case dropped

I would like to say pm me if you want to see that reporter messages but ı know you are that fool who can claim that these messages are photosop.

• I would like to say pm me if you want to see that reporter messages but ı know you are that fool who can claim that these messages are photosop.

Meanwhile MTS

"I heard a rumour that I started..." 🤣🤣🤣

• Today we play the quarter-finals against France and I think it's the first game worth talking about…

So far, apart from Bulgaria, we have only faced very modest teams…

All 3-0 victories in which we seen both good things (few) and bad things: pass and blocks certainly don't work, while Atropova seems to keep pace...

I think we can honestly say that among the three (four because I would include Poland too) pretenders to the title we are the ones who showed the least: Turkey didn't impress either, but they did something (slightly) more than us.. .

France are a mid-level team that we should easily beat but, at the same time, they could have the ability to put us in difficulty: how much they succeed I think will be the key to understanding what shape we are in...

On the other hand, Antropova's ability at a high level has yet to be tested: she is very strong in blocking and above all, in serving, but in attack, even if she is 203 cm tall, she certainly doesn't play at the heights of Egounu, Boskovic, Vargas or Haak. Last season clearly told us that against well-equipped blocking teams, her performance drops a lot: the summer job with the national team seems to have improved her a lot, but there hasn't been a real test yet and, at least until the semi-final , there will not be...

It is useless to discuss about Egonu: Mazzanti doesn't want to let her play as a starter and clearly wants to demonstrate that he can win without her...

One thing is certain: if in the semi-final (but also tonight) Mazzanti has to insert her to make ends meet, the girl will put herself in a not indifferent position of strength and Mazzanti's strategy to "resize her" could turn out to be a big boomerang...

Towards the fans, Mazzanti's choices were very divisive: there are even those who wish for a defeat until tonight, just to get him out of the way... Even if I don't like him, I don't get that far so FORZA ITALIA...

• Those 3-0 don't tell the whole story as Italia has struggled a lot against team which shouldn't have surpasses the 16 points a set mark, with all due respect to the opponent. Besides passing and blocking, the attack has not been great either. Too many errors and poor decision making at times.

Mazzanti said in a interview that passing was not a problem (prior to the start of the Euro) and that we are seeing the same he does at trainings so we are either blind or his definition of good passing needs to be redefined.

I could buy the argument that Antropova is in better shape than Egonu and that's why she's playing and because Paola has already made a name for herself in the most elite level of vball but why taking 3 opposites if you're not gonna test one as an OH. Instead, out of the 3 MBs, only Lubian and Danesi could really help the team because Federica can't, not even on service which she misses more times that I can count. And Lubian is almost non existent in blocking. Like in some games she made ZERO blocks.

Well those rooting 'against' Italy (or rather Mazzanti) have a point. If he is successful in this Euro, then it's almost certain that he will stay until Paris (heck even if he looses that's a likely possibility) and not sure this whole system can be successful at the OG and then again Italia will be without an OG medal, wasting one of the best generations it ever has which coincidentally happens when Italia is having her best player in history ever.

• I agree with you all. Italy hasn't shown a brilliant game, struggling especially in reception and blocking.

And just to add another obvious point: great blame is to put on Mazzanti. It's not the first time that the players arrive in bad/suboptimal shape, it's not the first time that there isn't a clear game or tactic (it looks like there is not even a plan A, not to mention a plan B).. Like if it isn't enough to all this we have to add some senseless decisions made through out the summer, such as De Gennaro and Bosetti, but also Squarcini and partly Bosio who doesn't have any connection with some spikers, above all Paola, and the fact that Egonu is more out than inside the project.

If he wins of course I won't say nothing more, but for now I'm rather sceptic. But of course FORZA AZZURRE!

• I agree with you all. Italy hasn't shown a brilliant game, struggling especially in reception and blocking.

And just to add another obvious point: great blame is to put on Mazzanti. It's not the first time that the players arrive in bad/suboptimal shape, it's not the first time that there isn't a clear game or tactic (it looks like there is not even a plan A, not to mention a plan B).. Like if it isn't enough to all this we have to add some senseless decisions made through out the summer, such as De Gennaro and Bosetti, but also Squarcini and partly Bosio who doesn't have any connection with some spikers, above all Paola, and the fact that Egonu is more out than inside the project.

If he wins of course I won't say nothing more, but for now I'm rather sceptic. But of course FORZA AZZURRE!

I'm the opposite actually. This Euro is important, of course it is, but even if he wins I would still remain vigilant of all he does. What really matters is the OG next year. I'd be happy if he'd used this Euro to test possible formations and players ahead of the OG so he can start preparing the team well for next year, even if team doesn't medal at this Euro.

Italia has been favorite to win both the WCH and the OG and a VNL & Euro golds don't make up for it, especially when Italia has never made it to the semis of the OG ever.

The only reason I can think of as to why he brought 3 OPPs is that he isn't sure which duo to take for the OQT (and OG possibly) and given that Antropova is a starter in this tournament, the choice is between Sylvia and Paola. I like Nwakalor but there's an enormous difference between her and Paola. Not having or even test both Kate and Paola as starters should be a crime honestly. If Kate can become decent at passing, then Italia wins a lot in terms of attacking and serve with both her and Paola.