Italian Women's NT 2023

• ı did not say they hate? it is whole different thing. ı said they do not like her much

for example Danesi like Lubian much but she do not like Egonu much.

that can happen in any team. lots of players don't like each other.but I think it's the negative media coverage that's putting a strain on the relationship between them. not necessarily something about each other (like Pietrini and Folie kind of something).

• Cristiano Ronaldo may also have been disliked in the Portugal team but he played in it for a dozen or so years. The federation's role is to find a coach who will be able to manage the group and the stars within it. The solution is certainly not to throw away your best player and a few other experienced players so that the coach can feel better.

• Cristiano Ronaldo may also have been disliked in the Portugal team but he played in it for a dozen or so years. The federation's role is to find a coach who will be able to manage the group and the stars within it. The solution is certainly not to throw away your best player and a few other experienced players so that the coach can feel better.

I totally agree with that. ı don not support mazzanti, excluding bosetti moki and Egonu is really stupid idea but the real problem is the İtalian Federation.

Karch disagrees.

• Just like what i said two weeks ago, italian media say other members of the Italian national team dont like Egonu much since people all the time talk about Egonu, not about the team success. it seems they dont like her superstar aura.

some here were calling me hater :hit:

Well your behaviour justifies who called you hater. Look at you running here to spread 'rumour' with far fetched conclusions just to be able to stir some sh.. around egonu:wall: seriously what's wrong with you🤦

• Well your behaviour justifies who called you hater. Look at you running here to spread 'rumour' with far fetched conclusions just to be able to stir some sh.. around egonu:wall: seriously what's wrong with you🤦

I do not go in dicussion with you about Egonu. you are just a hardcore egonu fan.

• I do not go in dicussion with you about Egonu. you are just a hardcore egonu fan.

Sounds like you are a hardcore Egonu hater.

'Someone might not like egonu much'😂Seriously this is not kindergarten and those are professionals volleyball players. It is not RuPaul's best friend race of course. Nobody has to like someone 'much' and this doesn't tell anything about a player being a bad person.

What I don't like about your posts are, you use random Twitter post (literally a shit hole when it comes to rumours) and spread them as if they are facts so that you can prove your point.🤦 even elderly people approach to fake Facebook posts more suspiciously than you do to those 'rumours'

There were a lot of rumours about bad blood between, Naz, eda, gözde etc and each rumour showed one of these as evil. At the end noone with some sense didn't believe any of these

• It's probably more of the constant media reiterating that Italy is nothing without Egonu. while that is true to some extent, you have to remember that this is also a team game. so her teammates probably feel that their contributions are being invalidated because the media keeps on saying "it's egonu" bla bla bla.

not one of them would and have openly said or even implied that they don't like Egonu

Since when the italian media like Egonu? :what:

Most of the general media dislikes her behavior and criticizes her for her hypocrisy. Libero (one of the most important national daily newpapers) has multiple articles against her. Libero is an extreme example, but it's not like the other important medias are there praising her: they just don't care or speak neutrally. It's just the small number of specialized sports media by her side, but she's a controversial athlete for the rest. And it has all worsened after the 2022 WCH.

You really don't live in Italy to claim something like that. :lol:

• Since when the italian media like Egonu? :what:

Most of the general media dislikes her behavior and criticizes her for her hypocrisy. Libero (one of the most important national daily newpapers) has multiple articles against her. Libero is an extreme example, but it's not like the other important medias are there praising her: they just don't care or speak neutrally. It's just the small number of specialized sports media by her side, but she's a controversial athlete for the rest. And it has all worsened after the 2022 WCH.

You really don't live in Italy to claim something like that. :lol:

I'm not talking about those publications talking about Egonu's attitude. it's the ones that talks about Egonu's impact on the team; something all of them knows and feels. add to that the socila media being on egonu's side and lots of dedications saying Italy will be in the mud without her..and as you can hear from Danesi, she felt the need to say that they are not a one woman team. so ofcourse they will feel like it's being implied that they are just there to make up the numbers on the roster.

why would the other players feel that way if there's no outside murmurs about it?

• I'm not talking about those publications talking about Egonu's attitude. it's the ones that talks about Egonu's impact on the team; something all of them knows and feels. add to that the socila media being on egonu's side and lots of dedications saying Italy will be in the mud without her..and as you can hear from Danesi, she felt the need to say that they are not a one woman team. so ofcourse they will feel like it's being implied that they are just there to make up the numbers on the roster.

why would the other players feel that way if there's no outside murmurs about it?

Point is: where are these publications? Literally no one talks about her volleyball skills since the 2022 WCH. And let me say she's doing her best to keep it this way with her moves.

National specialized sports media are just 3 daily newspapers in Italy and women's volleyball finds very little space. :win:

• Point is: where are these publications? Literally no one talks about her volleyball skills since the 2022 WCH. And let me say she's doing her best to keep it this way with her moves.

National specialized sports media are just 3 daily newspapers in Italy and women's volleyball finds very little space. :win:

don't know if you're blind or something but when the issue of racism about Egonu happened, 99% of volleyball posts in reference to her were very supportive.

and again, if that wasn't the case, why did Danesi felt the need to emphasize that they are not a one woman team?

who are you blaming for the not so friendly relationship among them?

• don't know if you're blind or something but when the issue of racism about Egonu happened, 99% of volleyball posts in reference to her were very supportive.

and again, if that wasn't the case, why did Danesi felt the need to emphasize that they are not a one woman team?

I think half of the italian media criticized her when she said italy is racist country but it is getting better.

• don't know if you're blind or something but when the issue of racism about Egonu happened, 99% of volleyball posts in reference to her were very supportive.

You are just moving the focus of the question from a place to another.

You said italian media talk about Egonu and her contribution to the team like a one woman show. And I told you italian media are not talking about her skills anymore.

Then you talked about Egonu's impact in the team (which is basically the same thing expressed by different words) and I repeated myself: no one talks about her volleyball skills anymore.

Now you talk about the positive vibes to Egonu because of racism issues. And once more, the scenario is different now: because of her moves most of the media dislike her, expecially after Sanremo. And they go very hard on her.

I'm not Anna Danesi. I don't know why she said what she said. I can just assume she's bored about the whole situation where once more it's all about Egonu and no one talks about the team. Because, let me remember you, Egonu is not the only one left home by Mazzanti in the last months.

She has her fans and the social media by her side. Mass media? No way.

I hope it was more clear now.

• I said the media particularly the social media. that's why I get why Danesi said what she said. I don't know about the Italian media. go outside Italy and 99% sympathesize with egonu. they constantly talk about her skills, how Italy is nothing without her. and when the issue of racism initially broke out, everyone was particularly supportive of her. so at that point, I can see how Egonu's media presence can be too much to her teammates. I'm not talking about the Italians or their media.

you're barking the wrong tree here.

• I think half of the italian media criticized her when she said italy is racist country but it is getting better.

A truly terrible statement...

However, on the racism/Egonu/WCH affair, I believe that everyone often forgets (or pretends not to see) a very big piece of the issue, especially those who comment from abroad: in the Italian national team of the 2022 world championship there were three other black girls (Sylla, Nwakalor and Bonifacio) and none of them ever said a word about the matter...

• Time is very short and anyone will be better than the current clown. If all the top players return to the team and work well in the preparation period + VNL next year the Italians can easily win the Olympic medal. The more so, since now with a broken and poorly prepared team without a few important elements they were close to defeat Turkey in the 1/2. That's why I think the experienced Velasco wouldn't be a bad option. This team needs peace and stability not more revolutions and upheavals. The time for a thorough renovation and a new opening will come after 2024.

Velasco is a strong personality and committed to being upfront about what he thinks, not always the best recipe when you're dealing with people that don't put frankness in first place. On the other hand, Mencarelli has that teacher vibe that makes him perfect if you want to form players. If you want to bring a troublesome enviroment to success though, maybe you should look for something different.

• A truly terrible statement...

However, on the racism/Egonu/WCH affair, I believe that everyone often forgets (or pretends not to see) a very big piece of the issue, especially those who comment from abroad: in the Italian national team of the 2022 world championship there were three other black girls (Sylla, Nwakalor and Bonifacio) and none of them ever said a word about the matter...

I think the Italian volleyball community is not racist in general, but considering the problems experienced by black athletes in other sport branches and Egonu from general audience, Paola is rigth.

By the way, do you think these 3 othergirls are afraid to talk or Paola is exaggerating?

• A truly terrible statement...

Egonu being the target is probably more to do with her being the sink or win player for Italy. She makes the biggest impact on the team so when they lose, they take it out on her (specially if she played badly). The lowest hanging fruit they can attack is her race.

if she's not a significant player, no one will even say anything. That's how toxic fandoms are.