Italian Women's NT 2023

• Omoruyi has been cutted :Lol::Lol::Lol::Lol:. Suddenly she stopped being a worker bee. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Omoruyi purged, returns home...

After the post-match interview at the European Championships where she complained about the lack of reception training and having spent the rest of the European Championship wearing the libero shirt, it was something to expect...

So the 14 girls for the Pre-Olympic tournament will be:

S: 4. Francesca Bosio, 23. Giulia Gennari.

OH: 17. Myriam Sylla (C), 14. Elena Pietrini, 2. Alice Degradi, 3. Francesca Villani.

O: 15. Sylvia Nwakalor, 24. Ekaterina Antropova.

MB: 1. Marina Lubian, 11. Anna Danesi, 19. Federica Squarcini, 34. Linda Nwakalor.

L: 7. Eleonora Fersino, 20. Beatrice Parrocchiale

Let's get on with this trickle and keep our fingers crossed...

I don't think we can do more from our seats...

• Italy should snatch Felix from Dutch NT….

And I do believe He would take Italian NT over club that He is coaching.

• Italy should snatch Felix from Dutch NT….

And I do believe He would take Italian NT over club that He is coaching.

No he won't. Schwerin is his hometown and his club since childhood, he's not going anywhere in the near future.

(Not that the option of Italy trying to sign him would be anywhere near reality anyway...)

• I think Italy could use someone people from abroad. Someone from outside the system, who will choose the best team at a given moment and will not be susceptible to pressure from various agents, managers, journalists, etc. Pickling in your own juice since 2000 isn`t a good idea. But this is for after 2024. Currently we need to save whatever we can and this can only be done by an Italian coach who knows the league and the players. My candidate is Barbolini but I read the federation wants to go for Velasco. We'll see.

• I think Italy could use someone people from abroad. Someone from outside the system, who will choose the best team at a given moment and will not be susceptible to pressure from various agents, managers, journalists, etc. Pickling in your own juice since 2000 isn`t a good idea. But this is for after 2024. Currently we need to save whatever we can and this can only be done by an Italian coach who knows the league and the players. My candidate is Barbolini but I read the federation wants to go for Velasco. We'll see.

Currently, I believe there is only one high profile name as a coach free from clubs and national teams and who therefore can fit the provisions of the Italian federation: Lang Ping and I believe that it is not a viable path...

FIPAV, if Mazzanti misses out, they will opt either for an internal solution (and unfortunately the only name is Mencarelli), or they will wait for May 2024, with the end of the championship and then other characters could also arrive, such as Barbolini, Gaspari or Velasco...

I don't think will arrive any foreigner coach...

• I'm more than open to talk about coaching, but first of all I think we should focus about the top brass. We're seeing a team that lacks rhythm and intensity, with sloppy passing and error prone when it comes to attack. To sum it up, our game is very limited and offers very little alternatives. Plus, it happened more than once that we gradually faded over the course of the match, showing limited mental strength. I mean, if we can see what's going on, how can the people at the top not see that? I struggle to find another federation that is so okay about a staff that treats the athletes like cannon fodder.

• I'm more than open to talk about coaching, but first of all I think we should focus about the top brass. We're seeing a team that lacks rhythm and intensity, with sloppy passing and error prone when it comes to attack. To sum it up, our game is very limited and offers very little alternatives. Plus, it happened more than once that we gradually faded over the course of the match, showing limited mental strength. I mean, if we can see what's going on, how can the people at the top not see that? I struggle to find another federation that is so okay about a staff that treats the athletes like cannon fodder.

Hi

• You can make a case for China, no question about it, but you're not got to the point of purposely cut your best players and boycotting the new ones for no reasons yet. I still think we're in deeper s*** compared to you.

However, Mazzanti is too easy a target to hit...

It's clear that his madness was indulged and whoever did it has no less responsibility and has now left him to act as a lightning rod for everyone...

Furthermore, the position of the girls excluded still needs to be analysed: Moki, Chirichella and Omoruyi are perhaps on the right side, but the others are not angels and it is well known...

• However, Mazzanti is too easy a target to hit...

It's clear that his madness was indulged and whoever did it has no less responsibility and has now left him to act as a lightning rod for everyone...

Furthermore, the position of the girls excluded still needs to be analysed: Moki, Chirichella and Omoruyi are perhaps on the right side, but the others are not angels and it is well known...

That's why I called into question the top brass: it's unbelievable we're letting the maximum expression of the movement (female wise, men is a complete different story luckily) rot like this. We had some low times in the past, but now we got to a point where even total strangers of the toxic dynamics developed throughout these last years are punished (i.e. Linda Nwakalor). So, even if some players can be edgy, an healthy enviroment should be able to fix the problem in the best interest for the NT. That's not what happened since late 2019 and now we're picking up the pieces.

• However, Mazzanti is too easy a target to hit...

This is the only NT where this stuff - players vs coach - happens regularly.

• I can’t believe it that one of the best players in the history of volleyball is playing friendly matches with her club when her NT is struggling so badly at Olympic Qualification Tournament.

Same can go to De Gennaro, one of the best libero in the history.

Thank you Mazzanti that something that only you can done.

• I can’t believe it that one of the best players in the history of volleyball is playing friendly matches with her club when her NT is struggling so badly at Olympic Qualification Tournament.

Same can go to De Gennaro, one of the best libero in the history.

Thank you Mazzanti that something that only you can done.

Cardullo was good too. I will not compare players from completely different times and game systems.

• I dont think its just yours opinion, she is definitely best libero at the moment. MBD are great too, but Brenda is literally libero and setter in one person. Also she is better in covering players in reception than MDG.

True, there's no other libero who has such an impact on her team's performance.