Turkey 2023

• I hope to see the comeback of at least some of Gizem, Asli/Kubra, Naz, Tugba and Neriman <3:love: now + implementation of some youngsters hopefully and Vargas.

All had issues with Gio and I'm probably forgetting some names lmao.

• Probably Guidetti will take over Italian NT and Mazzanti will take over Turkish NT

Now that you mention it, it does seem like a surprisingly likely scenario, even if one which would be almost universally loathed from the start.:lol:

• I remember complaints Gio doesn't get any fame like the girls :rolll:

image.png

I think I know what you are thinking: "If there's a criminal shortage of Tugba's tweets, I will be Tugba's tweets".:P:rolll:

• For the record, names I would like to see personally and this will 100% change as the season goes:

S: Elif Sahin, Gamze Kilic/Naz Akyol,
    Opp: Melissa Vargas, Ebrar Karakurt

MB: Aycin Akyol, Zehra Gunes, Ilayda Ucak, Eda Erdem
    OH: Hande Baladin, Ilkin Aydin, Tugba Senoglu, Neriman Ozsoy

L: Gizem Orge, Simge Akoz/Dilek Kinik

Bonus: Lila Sengun, Buse Unal, Deniz Uyanik, Merve Tanyel, Yaprak Erkek, Saliha Sahin, Yasemin Guveli, Aylin Sarioglu

• A serious question: isn't Neriman 34? I see her mentioned all the time among the names of those whose contribution NT missed due to Gio, but as someone who hasn't watched her in years, is she really worth the spent tears now in 2022/2023? I get that she was and is a huge name, but how much can she contribute at 35? Even Eda has noticeable dropped in quality now that she has passed the mid-point of 30s...

• A serious question: isn't Neriman 34? I see her mentioned all the time among the names of those whose contribution NT missed due to Gio, but as someone who hasn't watched her in years, is she really worth the spent tears now in 2022/2023? I get that she was and is a huge name, but how much can she contribute at 35? Even Eda has noticeable dropped in quality now that she has passed the mid-point of 30s...

She is doing so well still in Japan, Garay was 35 at OGs too, as long as we don't force her because she is a star and have enough young OHs as well to compensate I think she can contribute. With that said, I would understand if she doesn't get the call. I think currently Hande and Ilkin only look locked as OHs, who knows who else will make it, maybe even just Hande is locked lol.

• I'm so hoping Lila makes it big.

When was the last time Neriman was in the NT?

• Of course Guidetti is a great coach but something was really off this year. No player had a progress during national team season and even though Turkiye finished where they were expected in WCH, they couldn't perform any good game. I'm especially happy that players like Zehra & Cansu will have a new coach to learn from. They have been working with the same coach for a long time.