Turkey 2023

• the thing that give me relief about possible regression after Guidetti's departure is that we have Vargas. We will probably be still one of the top 5-6 teams in the world. I wish Guidetti had tried to win something with Vargas for one more year.:aww:

Not just Vargas, but it opens the door to a larger squad of talents who could not join the team.

Yes I agree that players like Gamze, Neriman, Gizem Örge, Gizem Guresen, Kubra, Asli are not necessarily better than the ones in the team already but having these players at the bench can be of huge help. Why fail with Ayca and Aylin while Simge plays terribly? Isn't it better to have Örge or Guresen at bench at such times.

Too bad some of these girls are getting older, but I am still happy that with a new coach (except Ferhat), Turkey will have a deeper squad with way better quality.

I wrote except Ferhat because I know he had problems with Gamze (maybe with more...) Also I am not sure some of the players listed above would like to work with him.

• I agree that going for ze or lang ping doesn't make any sense. They need someone who is hungry for success. Santarelli would have been the best, now there's no better candidate than Gui. Anyone will be a downgrade at this stage

• It's probably more the case of the fox and the sour grapes.:P

But all kidding aside, it's pointless to speculate about practically impossible options, so it's actually logical not to be excited for it.

• i know i cant possibly be reading some of yall wouldnt want Ze or JLP.... is it april first or something?

zehra-g%C3%BCne%C5%9F-zehra-g%C3%BCne%C5%9Fvak%C4%B1fbank.gif

It is not that we won't want them. Obviously it is not going to happen. Signing with Karpol would sound more realistic than signing with either of these. So I don't see the point of fantasizing about something obviously not gonna happen🤦

• It is not that we won't want them. Obviously it is not going to happen. Signing with Karpol would sound more realistic than signing with either of these. So I don't see the point of fantasizing about something obviously not gonna happen🤦

Well I should clarify. I don't think there's anything wrong with dreaming or fantasizing about something. TVF is the second (?) richest federation itw... money can talk.

I just dont agree with the thought that Ze or JLP wouldnt be passionate about coaching a foreign NT or they'd be worse than Ferhat for whatever reason... JLP literally coached the USA lol

Sure, it 99% won't happen... but it doesnt mean someone cant dream or think about it... what are forums for if its not for 50% nonsense, 25% memes, and the occasional rational talk :lol::lol:

• Well I should clarify. I don't think there's anything wrong with dreaming or fantasizing about something. TVF is the second (?) richest federation itw... money can talk.

I just dont agree with the thought that Ze or JLP wouldnt be passionate about coaching a foreign NT or they'd be worse than Ferhat for whatever reason... JLP literally coached the USA lol

Sure, it 99% won't happen... but it doesnt mean someone cant dream or think about it... what are forums for if its not for 50% nonsense, 25% memes, and the occasional rational talk :lol::lol:

It won't likely happen, JLP ofc is a great coach capable of coaching a team like Turkish NT to success however she is retired. She is a legend but calling someone back from retirement honestly sounds like a move with it's own flaws as is already and there are many more question marks before we even get there. Ze is amazing and in theory could do great with Turkiye as well but we can't ignore how much he has built on Brazil for the success that it has today, that's not gonna happen for Türkiye right now anyway.

Both are only dreams and frankly, to me not the best options, for what Türkiye is working with in this moment. Just because someone is a GREAT doesn't mean they instantly match within every system esp. during this time.

• It won't likely happen, JLP ofc is a great coach capable of coaching a team like Turkish NT to success however she is retired. She is a legend but calling someone back from retirement honestly sounds like a move with it's own flaws as is already and there are many more question marks before we even get there. Ze is amazing and in theory could do great with Turkiye as well but we can't ignore how much he has built on Brazil for the success that it has today, that's not gonna happen for Türkiye right now anyway.

Both are only dreams and frankly, to me not the best options, for what Türkiye is working with in this moment. Just because someone is a GREAT doesn't mean they instantly match within every system esp. during this time.

It is still a fun thing to converse about. Guess we'll agree to disagree.

Turkey shouldn't be focusing on the right now anyways. They should be long term planning. Their truly world class players, Zehra and Vargas, are only 23... is their peak going to be 2024? Most likely not... They have time for a coach that can focus on development of their players and improving as a squad, not necessarily a tactician. Will they go that route? probably not... cause they seem win-now focused (hence, firing Gio)

• The average Turkish fan is like Bogdan raising counter-arguments on everything.

Good luck trying to please us.

Santareli as new Serbian HC was the excepetion for example, i was out of words.

*I do not guarantee that this is true at all, and probably isn't LoL

• It won't likely happen, JLP ofc is a great coach capable of coaching a team like Turkish NT to success however she is retired. She is a legend but calling someone back from retirement honestly sounds like a move with it's own flaws as is already and there are many more question marks before we even get there.

it's not like Lang Ping went from USA to China directly. She wasn't coaching from 2008-2012. Something brought her out after London.

They have time for a coach that can focus on development of their players and improving as a squad, not necessarily a tactician

Karch can make them "feel like a family"

• it's not like Lang Ping went from USA to China directly. She wasn't coaching from 2008-2012. Something brought her out after London.

She didn’t stop coaching after Beijing OG. She coached in Turkey for a season then helped start Guangdong Evergrande from scratch to become national champion in those few years before taking over the Chinese NT again.

It’s therefore correct to say she is now retired like never before. I do really hope someone can convince her to coach again after having a year or two of good rest though.

• Well, if Turkiye can snatch Guidetti from Netherlands years ago, I don't see why they can't do it again with Santarelli.

• Well I should clarify. I don't think there's anything wrong with dreaming or fantasizing about something. TVF is the second (?) richest federation itw... money can talk.

You do you babe

• Well, if Turkiye can snatch Guidetti from Netherlands years ago, I don't see why they can't do it again with Santarelli.

I think it was a different situation back then since Guidetti was married to a Turkish and just had a kid. On the other hand there's nothing binding Santarelli to Turkey.

For trainers who are earning well at their own clubs, money won't be enough incentive

• No offense but why would Santarelli want to move down? He's sitting pretty right now with Serbia! Most top coaches are coaching top teams so they probably wouldn't want this job

• Very good news for Turkish NT.

Jacek Nawrocki lost his next job after melting next team is now fully free to lead a new team. I think president of Turkish Federation was not so brave to dream about Nawrocki but now it comes true. So take him! Be fast because as former president of Polish Fed said “everyone wants to have theis coach!”

• Very good news for Turkish NT.

Jacek Nawrocki lost his next job after melting next team is now fully free to lead a new team. I think president of Turkish Federation was not so brave to dream about Nawrocki but now it comes true. So take him! Be fast because as former president of Polish Fed said “everyone wants to have theis coach!”

good news for Polish NT