Turkey 2023

• A very fine post. I have some quibbles here and there, but I won't do it, because such a well-constructed argument deserves to be encouraged, and by contrast shit some of your compatriots have thrown here to be discouraged so kudos from me.:thumbup:

• and looking at Italy, half of the representatives are not of native Italian origin.

Just to cut short any going off on this tangent, any post on this will be deleted, first because it's off topic, and second because it's almost literally opening a whole another can of worms, and this thread doesn't need any more passion right now. So fair warning.:)

• A very fine post. I have some quibbles here and there, but I won't do it, because such a well-constructed argument deserves to be encouraged, and by contrast shit some of your compatriots have thrown here to be discouraged so kudos from me.:thumbup:

Thanks Janko, my posts sometime might give hate and love vibes to some Serbian users but you guys are some of my favorites in this forum. 😂

• Shall we go back to talking about Turkey and its national team? Some people are saying that ebrar can play wing-spiker, but if she comes back, who would be the second opposite? Please, I don't want to see meryem anymore.

How is burcu in Germany? Yagmur in Hungary? Is Dalia Wilson playing somewhere? Did she naturalize in the USA?

Also, I'm very curious about santarelli's relationship with the more mature players like naz, eda, neriman, gizem orge and asli, as well as whether he will give chances to players who have recently been in the U20 - U18.

• Shall we go back to talking about Turkey and its national team? Some people are saying that ebrar can play wing-spiker, but if she comes back, who would be the second opposite? Please, I don't want to see meryem anymore.

How is burcu in Germany? Yagmur in Hungary? Is Dalia Wilson playing somewhere? Did she naturalize in the USA?

Also, I'm very curious about santarelli's relationship with the more mature players like naz, eda, neriman, gizem orge and asli, as well as whether he will give chances to players who have recently been in the U20 - U18.

Gizem orge and Naz are the most crucial ones. Gizem orge has a beer with gio but I don't think naz's reason was Gui, so she probably wouldn't be back. Would love to be wrong🤞🙏

• I know a lot of players have beef with Gio but honestly who are the real ones that will be useful going forward?

Only Gizem Orge in my mind. Not Kubra or Neriman IMO

I guess we can wish Santarelli to transform Tugba to become another Sara Lozo:lol:

• How is burcu in Germany?

Not as disastrous as I feared she might be, but also far from being a serious candidate for Turkey NT IMO. She had some solid games and some weak ones, but then, she plays for a team whose coach wants a lot of balance in attack and the tendency is that the OHs have more responsability in attack than the OPP.

About the coach situation, all I have to say is that I'm very disappointed of Santarelli. I didn't expect him to put money above everything else, but maybe my view of the world is too naive sometimes...

• Basically if your Cuban and can’t play for your NT for any reason, then I get it might be upsetting but getting any nationality to play in OG or WCH or whatever is a joke.

Why? Maybe for you because of your nationalist sentiment. But newsflash it's 2023 and most people don't care. It's not too much different from anyone else moving to another country to start a career and learn and be part of a new culture.

Being born in a certain country being the only reason you can't play at the highest level seems much more unfair to me.

Yes, it would be problematic and unfair if federations used this to naturalize many talents instead of building on their own local pool of players, but we have healthy laws which make that impossible...

• I noticed that dalia wilson is in turkey again and recently shared a video from her eczacibasi days. She seems to wander around several countries (I've seen her in Turkey, Serbia and USA). Does she have bad career management? will she definitely return to turkey?

• I know a lot of players have beef with Gio but honestly who are the real ones that will be useful going forward?

Only Gizem Orge in my mind. Not Kubra or Neriman IMO

i really think nerim can be useful for NT. Considering the level of Turkish wing-spikers, I think neriman is above most of them. I find it very useful, especially if derya fails to establish itself, as derya and neriman theoretically have similar attributes. We would need to see how neriman would fit in with this team, as well as his reception, which has always been his problem.

• I noticed that dalia wilson is in turkey again and recently shared a video from her eczacibasi days. She seems to wander around several countries (I've seen her in Turkey, Serbia and USA). Does she have bad career management? will she definitely return to turkey?

She studies in US. Currently they have winter break. That's probably why she's in Turkey

• What he said may be wrong and oversimplified but how is it eurocentric? Care to explain your line of reasoning?

I did not have time to reply during the day and it's all water under the bridge now, but I did not want to leave you without a reply. My reasoning is based on not only eurocentrism but also on post-colonialism, maybe it is too academic to discuss this here, though I would love to discuss this issue if we somehow encounter at a conference or so....but to simplify, every European country does naturalization or considers themselves having the right to do so...but when Turkiye does that ( I know TR is part of CEV, but it is a Eurasian country, not every user here considers TR as European) everyone criticizes as we have seen past 24 hours. Sorry for being :offtopic: a bit.

• As for Vargas and Aleksia~, the fact that they got Türkiye citizenship does not mean that they have a permanent and unconditional guarantee of participation in NT in advance because for example Irem Nur Güneş can "jump out" (maybe someone will say something about her because I only watch Besiktaş from the first league)

And let's not forget about Yağmur Karaoğlu:win:

• Tbh negative hijacking of this thread with that agenda the past few days was an ugly sight, especially with how manipulative it was.

I like Serbian NT, bcs I generally liked the country and the girls are well known and loved in Turkey, but... All I will say; let's remember the last NT TVF stole a coach from and how much they fell out on the international scene. :D Could care less at this point.