Turkey 2023

• The level of hypocrisy: telling me ignore volleySrb troll posts and asking 'why do I even bother to reply to him' and few days later replying to all of elvin s posts and bashing Turkish NT along the way 🤦either don't tell me ignore some users, or do it yourself as well

Day by day it is getting more evident that Janko is using his mod rights to intimidate any users that he doesn't agree with. You can't just involve all the discussion with the same level of off-topic posts and once it is others' turn to reply, then threaten them by deleting posts or closing the thread. Instead, lead by example!

• The level of hypocrisy: telling me ignore volleySrb troll posts and asking 'why do I even bother to reply to him' and few days later replying to all of elvin s posts and bashing Turkish NT along the way 🤦either don't tell me ignore some users, or do it yourself as well

Day by day it is getting more evident that Janko is using his mod rights to intimidate any users that he doesn't agree with. You can't just involve all the discussion with the same level of off-topic posts and once it is others' turn to reply, then threaten them by deleting posts or closing the thread. Instead, lead by example!

agree with every words of you. that poster every day trolling around with putting buşa or lazoviç in vakıfbank roster. but theres no any restriction for him. but me is using few turkish words or letters really touched them and as a result i get warning, almost all of them bashed me for that🤦

we cant even express our point in turkish team thread, immediately turkish team will be bashed by certain users. the most unpleasant part is that its tolerated here. if i answered them like this way, i would be banned many times ago.:rolleyes:

• agree with every words of you. that poster every day trolling around with putting buşa or lazoviç in vakıfbank roster. but theres no any restriction for him. but me is using few turkish words or letters really touched them and as a result i get warning, almost all of them bashed me for that🤦

we cant even express our point in turkish team thread, immediately turkish team will be bashed by certain users. the most unpleasant part is that its tolerated here. if i answered them like this way, i would be banned many times ago.:rolleyes:

To be honest, the only part I agree with these warnings from Janko is the ones about you writing here in Turkish 🤦 this is an international forum and English is the forum language, I can imagine how annoying it could come across to non-turkish speakers when they read your semi-turkish posts

• This will be the final warning. One more post on this topic, and I'm closing the thread until Sunday.

• To be honest, the only part I agree with these warnings from Janko is the ones about you writing here in Turkish 🤦 this is an international forum and English is the forum language, I can imagine how annoying it could come across to non-turkish speakers when they read your semi-turkish posts

Okay but its not the first time is happening in this forum. Sometimes serbian and brazilian and even chinese users do that, they share something in their native language. Again, he isnt the only mod who can warn us about that. if he's quite fair i expect the same treat for his compatriots too. we always feel under pressure as you said he threaten us with closing thread, banning, deleting posts he doesnt like..:whistle:

• Janko

Closed the thread.
  • You asked for it. Thread will be closed for few days for heads to cool. If heads won't cool after numerous warnings and such actions as these, then you are trespassing into spamming territory, and that would call for harsher measures than thread-closures.

• Okay, let's see if the mood has cooled down. Note that this thread's title is "Turkey 2023" not "Fight between Turkish and Serbian users".

• We can start thinking about NT slowly

My 14:

OPP: Melissa Vargas, Ebrar Karakurt

Setter:Elif Şahin,Sıla Çalışkan

MB: Ayçin Akyol, Yasemin Güveli, Deniz Uyanık, Zehra Güneş

OH:Hande Baladın,Saliha Şahin,Ilkin Aydin,Tugba İvegin

Libero: Simge Aköz, Dilek Kınık

😇

• Not sure about Simge, her reception is fine (but she has good help in Hande and Irina unlike some other Liberos) but her digging is subpar. I think the entire community here agrees on Dilek Kinik, Other than that I think it's an open field on this position.

Speaking of open fields, MBs are the same if nor much more so. It's very hard to give 4 names lmao, there are like 7-8. Janset Erkul, Aycin Akyol, Deniz Uyanik, Zehra Gunes, Ilayda Ucak, Merve Atlier, Yasemin Guveli and although I love her I don't wish to see her again for now: Eda Erdem. I think it will depend on the performance for the rest of the season, I do hope Eda won't be forced just because how big of a name she is.

I agree with other choices.

• Not sure about Simge, her reception is fine (but she has good help in Hande and Irina unlike some other Liberos) but her digging is subpar. I think the entire community here agrees on Dilek Kinik, Other than that I think it's an open field on this position.

Speaking of open fields, MBs are the same if nor much more so. It's very hard to give 4 names lmao, there are like 7-8. Janset Erkul, Aycin Akyol, Deniz Uyanik, Zehra Gunes, Ilayda Ucak, Merve Atlier, Yasemin Guveli and although I love her I don't wish to see her again for now: Eda Erdem. I think it will depend on the performance for the rest of the season, I do hope Eda won't be forced just because how big of a name she is.

I agree with other choices.

I would probably give Gizem here but she is not having the best season in my opinion

In the 1st league, Zeynep plays really well and is worth watching as well as Bengisu Aygün but that's to the future :saint:

• It's just a qualifier, but I'm still very proud 🥺

• Hope Santa have the chance to tryout some unknown (in terms of being part of the senior NT) OHs such as İdil Naz, Sude from the mid-level and low-level teams as they never had the chance of working with a relatively good setters and good coaches. I know maybe this is not the best year to try new names but NT motivation and passion is different and some of the average or below average OHs could shine under the guidance of Santa...maybe just a wishful thinking:dance6:

• Do people really like Elif's game or she's on the rosters because she's on the current NT roster? I mean yeah she had a few good matches in the early season but she's back at her normal level right now and her normal level is really bad. On the other hand Cansu is even worse of course. I don't want to see any of these two in the upcoming season but on the other hand the setter pool of Turkey is kinda problematic right now so I understand if people choose her due to limited options.

• Do people really like Elif's game or she's on the rosters because she's on the current NT roster? I mean yeah she had a few good matches in the early season but she's back at her normal level right now and her normal level is really bad. On the other hand Cansu is even worse of course. I don't want to see any of these two in the upcoming season but on the other hand the setter pool of Turkey is kinda problematic right now so I understand if people choose her due to limited options.

Elif has height advantage and is not really spectacular this season. Sıla and Aslıhan would be options for NT. Aslıhan was part of NT during 3rd week of VNL 2018, I mean she is not a prodigy but is okayish to be tried out again. Sıla has improved a bit more under the coaching of Heynen, she was also ok last summer during NT season. Other than these two I cannot think of any other names unless Naz is convinced to comeback to NT.

• If anyone is interested in a T-shirt Turkish NT 👇

• Not a big fan of Aslihan at all, she is way more inconsistent than other alternatives.

I would go for Cansu and Sila. Cansu can do a better job under Santa, feels like most setters burn out under Giovanni anyway. Problem is, Cansu is like Casper in blocking, actually worse, she allows so many easy block outs. Giovanni was pulling her back in block and letting Zehra+Gabi block on her side lol. It is that bad. To cover that weakness, Elif seems to be the only alternative at this point, if Naz is not planning a return.

• Not a big fan of Aslihan at all, she is way more inconsistent than other alternatives.

I would go for Cansu and Sila. Cansu can do a better job under Santa, feels like most setters burn out under Giovanni anyway. Problem is, Cansu is like Casper in blocking, actually worse, she allows so many easy block outs. Giovanni was pulling her back in block and letting Zehra+Gabi block on her side lol. It is that bad. To cover that weakness, Elif seems to be the only alternative at this point, if Naz is not planning a return.

It would be good if Naz returns to the national team since this will solve the issue with blocking. In my eyes, Naz is the best blocking setter.

I think that the blocking advantage goes to Elif also. IMO Cansu has her worst season ever and okay Santarelly can help it, but what if not?

Sila and Elif need to be try out on full, because they are unexperienced in NT level - but both can be a much better suprise than we think under a really good coach.

p.s: of course, if Naz returns she has one of the spots.