2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Speaking of attendance, i've read somewhere that Nebraska is hosting 80k... 80 THOUSAND people in a stadium against i don't know the team though. Is that for real happening?

How would the "indoor" factor be played though. It's a wide open stadium.

USAV probably don't have the sponsorship that NCAA have that's why the poor audience turnout. Idk.

• Speaking of attendance, i've read somewhere that Nebraska is hosting 80k... 80 THOUSAND people in a stadium against i don't know the team though. Is that for real happening?

How would the "indoor" factor be played though. It's a wide open stadium.

USAV probably don't have the sponsorship that NCAA have that's why the poor audience turnout. Idk.

yes. They’re going to try to aim for 90k.

Usav doesn’t need the sponsorship. They have a marketing team of over 15 people… they just don’t do anything. (And that’s not even including giving hosting sites to places like Shreveport or Arlington)

• it seems antropova will skip 1 week as she didn't get her passeport

It seems italy burocracy is not as fast and easy as other ountries

Let's see if shed can play week 2

• Some rules during this VNL:

1. Coach can take 2 time breaks, one before (first) 12 point and one after.
    2. 5 minutes break after 2nd set.

3. Side court change only after 2nd set (and probably during 5th).
    4. 15sec to serve the ball.

• A bit weird that FIVB is easier on technic for "let them play" reasons and increasing speed for more attractiveness, but on the other side changes 8 to 15 seconds. Which is unnecessary imo

No, you have 15secs after whistle to go to service line and serve. So you have 7secs to get to the service line.

• No, you have 15secs after whistle to go to service line and serve. So you have 7secs to get to the service line.

So this means there is no extra whistle anymore for serve, you simply have 15 seconds after the end of the previous rally? What if the court is wet and has to be wiped or if the kids are slow at giving the server the ball? :aww:

• So this means there is no extra whistle anymore for serve, you simply have 15 seconds after the end of the previous rally? What if the court is wet and has to be wiped or if the kids are slow at giving the server the ball? :aww:

No, sorry, maybe I explained it in a wrong way.

The goal is to define time between the last whistle and the next action, it can take max 15secs.

So we have end whistle=>clock starts 15secs counting=>player ready/8secs left of the clock=>start whistle.

We will see how it will work as the floor wiping is needed quite often and it can stretch the time. But players (especially men read Śliwka) have tendency to stretch the time too much.

• No, sorry, maybe I explained it in a wrong way.

The goal is to define time between the last whistle and the next action, it can take max 15secs.

So we have end whistle=>clock starts 15secs counting=>player ready/8secs left of the clock=>start whistle.

We will see how it will work as the floor wiping is needed quite often and it can stretch the time. But players (especially men read Śliwka) have tendency to stretch the time too much

Its really weird, cause we need time in between to see the replay of previous play, sometimes in slow mode. And what if its a long rally?

• Its really weird, cause we need time in between to see the replay of previous play, sometimes in slow mode. And what if its a long rally?

That's why the FIVB said that the 15-second break will be determined by the referee.

In general, players have 7 seconds to go to the service area after the end of the last play. The referee will blow the whistle immediately after 7 seconds and count down 8 seconds to serve.

In case of replay or other activities (e.g. sweeping the floor) that could cause a delay, the referee may decide to pace the 7-second count. In any case, the players must serve within 8 seconds of the whistle.

• 🇨🇳 The 14-member roster of the Chinese team for week 1:

OH : 10 Wang Yunlu, 11 Zhong Hui, 12 Lee Yingying,

23, Du Qingqing

OP : 6 Gong Xiangyu, 14 Zheng Yixin

MB : 1 Yuan Xinyue (Captain), 4 Yang Hanyu, 5 Gao Yi,

7 Wang Yuanyuan

S : 3 Diao Linyu, 8 Xu Xiaoting

L : 17 Nee Feifan, 18 Wang Mengjie

The team’s first match is against Brazil on 31st May in Nagoya, Japan.

(Source: CVA)