2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Not China without Zhu. They can beat the likes of Brazil but you can't call that their best roster.

I meant the wide roster though

• Does anyone know if KVR Will miss all VNL!?

• I think the "Larson and Krob are no longer needed" bit was a little tongue in cheek. A fanciful way of saying "I really like this girl". Poetic license, so to speak

But also provocative and surely gonna take incoming for it

• Looks like Germany will play with Emilia Weske instead of Rica Maase as opposite in the second week, other positions are unchanged.

https://en.volleyballworld.com…teams/women/5840/players/

So, the rosters are updated for week 2.? Do you think I can confidently assume if Japan's hasn't changed that they aren't changing. We're in a bit of a dust up in the Japan thread about Japan leaving for Brazil without announcing which players are going

• During the VNL 1st week, some players from different countries became friends. Here is Rozanski of Poland with Sirima of Thailand, after their match. During the match, another Thai player, Pimpichaya fell down near the center line and it was Rozanski who gave her a helping hand.

VolleyBoss

• Brazil MB Lara Nobre tore her ACL. We already knew she had injured her knee during one of the pre-VNL friendly matches against Japan, but we were all hoping it wasn't that serious.

I know most of you aren't familiar with her, but this is extremely upsetting for all of the Brazilian fans. Lara is 34 and was playing the best volleyball of her life. The day she got the call for the NT was probably the only day I've seen peace on volleyball twitter, because everyone agreed that she deserved this so much. This was her dream and you could tell she was giving everything she had to be there. And judging by what we saw of the trainings, it looked like she was going to be a starter for week 1 too.

For the Uzelac fans, this is also a huge blow for Fluminense. Lara was their most important player last season.

• according to this turkish side kiera is back with canada

So i hope them to make some upsets

• She shared on her IG story that she is going to Hong Kong.

• Looks like Germany will play with Emilia Weske instead of Rica Maase as opposite in the second week, other positions are unchanged.

https://en.volleyballworld.com…teams/women/5840/players/

DVV confirmed this now. I guess Emilia Weske hasn't practised even one second with NT before, at least not this summer, so what a weird choice to call her just because she's in Brazil right now anyway :what:

• DVV confirmed this now. I guess Emilia Weske hasn't practised even one second with NT before, at least not this summer, so what a weird choice to call her just because she's in Brazil right now anyway :what:

Considering the financial situation of the rather weak and unorganized German volleyball federation DVV I think, they try to reduce costs everywhere...

• Dutch roster for this week:

S: Bongaerts & van Aalen

Opp: Plak, Dambrink & Scholten

OH: Daalderop, Knollema, Marring & Vos

MB: Timmerman, Baijens & Lohuis

L: Knip (C) & Reesink

Weird Koslowski toke 3 opposites, but Maybe Plak will get a chance to play outside hitter again?:/ Hester Jasper is with the team, but isn't on the list. Probably she is still injured.