2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Aside from Haak are there any other promising players from Sweden to watch out for?

No joke: Isabelles sister Anna Haak and another OH, Alexandra Lazic (played for Stuttgart some years ago) are really up to the task for international competitions, what you can't say about the others when I saw them play for the last time. Maybe they have improved meanwhile, I was surprised that they could kick off Belgium from the competition.

• meh. not very sportsmanlike really. being great doesn't equal doing whatever. doing it to teams like Thailand is just trashy. Goncharova for example has the decency to not do this to teams that doesn't engage (like Japan or Thailand). Thaisa can be sassy all she wants to teams that can return it. not to Thailand that can only bow in return.

Someone needs to watch all Goncharova's games

• There’s also a difference because thaisa just does it to everyone lmao. She’s just like that. Ebrar has one good match and feels like she can be *that* girl. It’s fake lmao

• Lol. Thaisa is a two time Olympics champions, and has won numerous accolades. She and Fabiana are perhaps the greatest duo since 'twin towers' Regla - Carbajal. The other player is not even and elite OPP and not only does it since point 1 but then goes on to make a post about mocking Brazilian vball. And then Turkish fans play victim and say, why so much hate against Turkey lol

Having Olympic medals do NOT justify unsportsmanlike behavior. It is ridiculous that you are trying find stupid excuses to cover it up once it comes to your favorite player and pour all your poison once another player does it. World's best opposite or not, Noone is entitled to be an asshole based on their achievements 🤦 what Ebrar does is wrong but what Thaisa does is as bad too

• Karakurt did this stuff a lot of times. Was really annoying.

• I don’t really like the behavior I’m just saying there’s a difference between the best player of her position of all time and a back up player doing it lol

Lol. Thaisa is a two time Olympics champions, and has won numerous accolades. She and Fabiana are perhaps the greatest duo since 'twin towers' Regla - Carbajal. The other player is not even and elite OPP and not only does it since point 1 but then goes on to make a post about mocking Brazilian vball. And then Turkish fans play victim and say, why so much hate against Turkey lol

Thaisa being an Olympic champion doesn't give her an immunity to this. it's poor taste no matter what. Karakurt and Thaisa can go back and forth at it sure. Turkey can give and take it. but Thailand? they can't even pretend to be intimidating :lol:

• No joke: Isabelles sister Anna Haak and another OH, Alexandra Lazic (played for Stuttgart some years ago) are really up to the task for international competitions, what you can't say about the others when I saw them play for the last time. Maybe they have improved meanwhile, I was surprised that they could kick off Belgium from the competition.

In belgium defense, they didn't even tried to win that hard

But yes, i dont think that Sweden have enough power to compete in VNL, they are weaker than Bulgaria. But it would be nice to see Haak in one season.

• There’s also a difference because thaisa just does it to everyone lmao. She’s just like that. Ebrar has one good match and feels like she can be *that* girl. It’s fake lmao

That's getting hilarious, you can bitch to everyone and it is fine but if you can behave badly once a while it is not fine🤦😂 it is hard to take you serious anymore

• That's getting hilarious, you can bitch to everyone and it is fine but if you can behave badly once a while it is not fine🤦😂 it is hard to take you serious anymore

I don’t like that Thaisa does it but at the same time I can respect that she

1. Backs it up with her accolades and performance.

2. It’s just who she is authentically and she’s not afraid to show it.

• Thaisa is good enough and has won enough to do whatever she wants lmao. Ebrar thinks she’s all that but she’s not. Thaisa backs it up. Although I’m still not a fan of the behavior at all either way.

Wow that's really sick mentality, I hope you will be slapped in the face by someone with a great CV one day. That would make you think straight maybe

• the truly elite players do not do this (Egonu aside), i haven't ever seen Zhu, Boskovic, Kim, Haak, or Larson do this.

Zhu Tica Kim and Haak don’t but Larson ? Larson used to stare down ALL the time

• I think that when a player does this stuff once in a time during a game it’s kind of ok. but when the player starts to do this in every opportunity seems kind of disrespectful.

Even in a ball out Karakurt and point for Brazil Karakurt does this stuff.

As someone said. Goncharova once in a while did this stuff. Even Boskovic against Russia team in ECH.

• Lol

This is whole new Korea team. In OG they had arguably the best OH of this century.

It is very possible in WCH as well, it’s for the team to show when it matters, unlike exhausting the team with 12 games over 5 weeks and 3 different continents.

Nobody even thinks about Korea being 4th on OG anymore, I understand the loss is still painful in memory of Turkish fans, but it doesnt devalue the succes of Korea 2yo, that team should be remebered as high-level and best Asian team of the that particular moment, despite current Korea shape

Idc about Turkish loss, they just objectively didn't have the most difficult job to get to the semis, if anything I'm discrediting beating Turkey 😂