Serbian Women's NT 2023

• Some people's admiration to Maja is very comparable to Crovolley's obsession with Wolosz. Maja was great, yes, once upon a time, like 5 years ago. I'm not against older players at all like Eda, Gattaz or Fofao as long as they are still at top of their game. However, some players should really know when to stop so that supporters can actually remember them at their highs.

• ahem where is the DIAO LINYU/DING XIA duo?

• Some people's admiration to Maja is very comparable to Crovolley's obsession with Wolosz. Maja was great, yes, once upon a time, like 5 years ago. I'm not against older players at all like Eda, Gattaz or Fofao as long as they are still at top of their game. However, some players should really know when to stop so that supporters can actually remember them at their highs.

I think you're overstating it. She's obviously not as great as she was, we can probably all agree with that but she's still a good player. The matches against NED in both the ECH and the OQT are good examples of how she can still deliver on a high level. There are questions around her level and that's why I think it's good that Serbia have a stable option in Drca who can replace her when necessary and I hope Guidetti takes advantage of that.

Anyway, she can stop when she feels like it or when nobody will hire her anymore. IMO she's only extending her legacy by continuing to play in the top competitions even at 39-40.

• Just to clarify, I meant Kocic for next Olympic cycle. Of course for Paris stevanovic, aleksic and popovic are locked. We have seen many late bloomer MBs. So Kocic can lead the team next cycle only if she would make better club choices though.

I get your points on youngsters. I haven't watched osmajic and kurtagic enough to make a serious judgement yet so jury's still out for them. I've watched Uzelac a lot this summer and she is obviously very talented. By the way, any players who went to Brazil at a young age turned out to be great players (tom Logan, piccinini, C. Bosetti). Hopefully playing as a foreign player will improve her mental strength.

Kurtagic/Osmajic have much much much higher ceiling then Kocic and might even now be on relatively comperable level if they had just a little international experience. Kocic might be core part of the team but imo just as 4th blocker once Stevanovic and Popovic retire from NT (hopefully after Paris)

Brazil has great coaches and makes great foundation for players to grow, it might be one of best leagues for young players- not too high level and pressure like Italian and Turkish but enough tommake it competative and allow space to grow as player. I wish she went to Italy or Turkey at first, as there were rumors some top clubs were interested in her, but she wouldn’t grow there and would warm bench like Lazovic did in Monza which did more bad then good for her carrier. Just because Arina, Ana C, Boskovic, Egonu etc shined at such young age doesn’t mean everybody who doesn’t won’t have success and be top player. Gabi stayed at Brazilian league till 24yo, USA OHs go to pro clubs only after college at 23yo. I think it’s much better to play, develop and work on basics and technique then be bench player or struggle to pick up level in top clubs at young age. OT but on that note, it was bad move imo for Czyrnianska to go to Ecza which is stacked with more experienced OHs and she is unlikely to get much time on field.

• I don't think Ognjenovic/Drca is a weak duo at all but Guidetti needs to be ready to change things up when necessary. I don't expect Drca to return to her 2022 form but she has always been a solid option and can massively relieve the pressure on Maja when Maja is having one of her bad days. On the other hand, Ognjenovic can also come in and provide a real spark for the team as she still shows repeatedly. Honestly, if I was Guidetti I would be prepared to use both of them equally depending on who's playing well and helping the team most at that particular moment

I was thinking the same ever since Maja announced her return to NT.
    She provides great spark and can break a game with complitely different rythm with MB plays she is known for. That leaves room to steal many points and give momentum to team while opponent can’t adapt to it immediately.

But even as a starter and playing whole game, she showed she dominate like in games against China in VNL, or against Poland and Netherlands in ECH and especially Netherlands in OQT (as our players said- it was their best game of the season)

The critical point is to bench her when things aren’t going as planned. 4th set against Turkey in finals could’ve ended differently if Guidetti dared to start Drca who closed 3th set with insane comeback we made.

• I honestly think most of this year's problems (and there have been plenty) came from the simple fact that no one expected Santarelli to leave so soon. Like Bjelica said, they're not used to changing coaches as often. When Terzić was leaving, everyone knew his time was up and the change was necessary. Moreover, the team bonded with Santarelli almost instantly, so the transition was very smooth. It was very different this time around because basically everyone was caught by surprise and it was difficult to adjust mentally. No wonder almost everyone underperformed compared to last year.

And Maja's comeback added a whole different layer to an already established team dynamic.

So this was basically an adjustment period and we'll see the real results next year. I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

• Kurtagic/Osmajic have much much much higher ceiling then Kocic and might even now be on relatively comperable level if they had just a little international experience. Kocic might be core part of the team but imo just as 4th blocker once Stevanovic and Popovic retire from NT (hopefully after Paris)

Brazil has great coaches and makes great foundation for players to grow, it might be one of best leagues for young players- not too high level and pressure like Italian and Turkish but enough tommake it competative and allow space to grow as player. I wish she went to Italy or Turkey at first, as there were rumors some top clubs were interested in her, but she wouldn’t grow there and would warm bench like Lazovic did in Monza which did more bad then good for her carrier. Just because Arina, Ana C, Boskovic, Egonu etc shined at such young age doesn’t mean everybody who doesn’t won’t have success and be top player. Gabi stayed at Brazilian league till 24yo, USA OHs go to pro clubs only after college at 23yo. I think it’s much better to play, develop and work on basics and technique then be bench player or struggle to pick up level in top clubs at young age. OT but on that note, it was bad move imo for Czyrnianska to go to Ecza which is stacked with more experienced OHs and she is unlikely to get much time on field.

Ana C is actually not a good example to support your argument about youngsters should go to clubs/leagues they can be starters. Ana c spent a whole season at bench with almost none playing time (or only against very weak teams) but training with a good coach and other teammates helped her improve in Fenerbahçe. I doubt that if she would make the same insane development in a mid level team which she could be the starter

• Ana C is actually not a good example to support your argument about youngsters should go to clubs/leagues they can be starters. Ana c spent a whole season at bench with almost none playing time (or only against very weak teams) but training with a good coach and other teammates helped her improve in Fenerbahçe. I doubt that if she would make the same insane development in a mid level team which she could be the starter

Ana C was never my example for that, but example of a player who shines at very young age and can show incredible level very early, like Boskovic did (if we are talking about Serbian players). She could’ve had similar or better development in Brazilian club maybe, or might not really, we will never know. Ana C was taken to Fenerbahce with specific intentions for them to develop her, it was 4 year plan of Terzic and Fener administration (Terzic talked about it). If she went to a different club where she would be bench player at young age there is big chance they wouldn’t want to invest in her but keep talented bench player for low money, but things got right for Ana C and I’m happy for her.. but exceptions doesn’t make a rule.

There are very little players who can achive what those I mentioned did. Most players, even great talents, need time to work on things to improve and there is no shame in that. I made example of many players who didn’t go to top club in Turkish or Italian league till they were 23-24 and still developed to be top players in the world on their position.

Gabi, Larson, Kim Hill, KYK went to top clubs only in their mid 20s, but all of them are now considered some of the best ever on their position.

There is nothing wrong with taking time to develop and not everybody is ready at such young age.. and if they are not then it’s better to be in mid level club and work on themselves to improve skills and their level, then to be bench player in top club with no playing time.
    That was my point

In that same way I think it’s better for Uzelac to develop in Brazilian league, which is not that demanding, so she can work on things she need to improve (technique and confidence) so she can reach her potential, then to be in mid/top club of strong leagues where she would ride bench and won’t have chance to improve. Doesn’t mean she won’t be top player, if she keeps working on herself, or that she isn’t incredible prospect because she hasn’t developed as fast as Ana C or Arina (who are just exceptions to the rule and top top top talents)

• I don’t approve of how you left Ivanovic behind. Try again :whistle:

If have few more names(not hitters), but i want to be 100% accurate again ^^

Also we will see when is u22 ECH, make sense for Ivanovic and Vajagic to help Marijana Boricic. Its physically less demanding competition, maybe is better for her.

Also as we talked, best is if GG stick with 4,5 players and play entire VNL, its not helpful if all of them play game each.

• If have few more names(not hitters), but i want to be 100% accurate again ^^

Also we will see when is u22 ECH, make sense for Ivanovic and Vajagic to help Marijana Boricic. Its physically less demanding competition, maybe is better for her.

Also as we talked, best is if GG stick with 4,5 players and play entire VNL, its not helpful if all of them play game each.

I would hope the A team girls play third week. Would be mistake imo if they don’t play any games together before paris

• If have few more names(not hitters), but i want to be 100% accurate again ^^

I think U ECH is always in late summer, august/september.

Still I don’t complitely approve if there isn’t Ivanovic there.. Uzelac, Tica, Ivanovic can play all games for all I care about VNL24, don’t need any other OH really. Maybe only to rest them if needed.. Plus Kurtagic/Osmajic most of games, not really too interested in watching others if I’m being honest

But I hope your predictions come true again though :win: would love for Tica and Osmajic to play big roles. Ivanovic would just be cherry on top there :cheesy:

• I think U ECH is always in late summer, august/september.

Still I don’t complitely approve if there isn’t Ivanovic there.. Uzelac, Tica, Ivanovic can play all games for all I care about VNL24, don’t need any other OH really. Maybe only to rest them if needed.. Plus Kurtagic/Osmajic most of games, not really too interested in watching others if I’m being honest

But I hope your predictions come true again though :win: would love for Tica and Osmajic to play big roles. Ivanovic would just be cherry on top there :cheesy:

Last time, this u21 ECH was in July 12-17.

It would be the best if is after VNL, or even Olympics, so we can finally play with full roster :roll: But i dont have much hope after this summer. ^^