Serbian Women's NT 2023

• Serbian Women's NT 2023

16 years ago today, a historic medal was won for our women's national team. The story that has been told so many times about the three rounds of qualifying tournaments that ended with a truly fabulous success at the time, a bronze medal. The full significance of that success is truly illustrated by the current results of our national team, and there is no better place than this topic to recall this and to start new thread in this way.

2022 World Champions

2022 VNL Bronze Medalist

2021 EuroVolley Silver Medalist

2020 Tokyo OG Bronze Medalist

Competitions in 2023

VNL (May 30 - July 16)

EuroVolley 2023 (August 15 - September 3)

Olympic Qualification Tournament (September 16 - September 24)

Squad

Coach

Giovanni Guidetti

SOPPOHMBL
    Bojana Drča (1988)Tijana Bošković (1997)Bianka Buša (1994)Jovana Stevanović
    (1992)
    Teodora Pušić (1993)
    Slađana Mirković (1995)Ana Bjelica (1992)Sara Lozo (1997)Mina Popović (1994)Aleksandra Jegdić (1994)
    Maja Ognjenović ?
    (1984)
    Sara Carić (2001)Bojana Milenković (1997)Maja Aleksić (1997)Silvija Popović ? (1986)
    Rada Perović (2001)Vanja Savić (2002)Brankica Mihajlović ?(1991)Jovana Kocić (1998)Sanja Đurđević (1998)
    Aleksandra Ćirović (1997)Jelena Vulin (1996) Katarina Lazović (1999)Aleksandra Gligorić (1995)Bojana Gočanin (2002)
    Anđela Veselinović
    (1999)
    Jovana Zelenović
    (2004)
    Branka Tica (2003)Minja Osmajić (2003)
    Ana Jakšić (1998)Tara Taubner (2002)Jovana Mirosavljević
    (2000)
    Isidora Rodić (2001)
    Andrea Tišma (2002)Tamara Miljevic (1999) Isidora Kockarević (2002)Božica Marković (1997)
    Mila Đorđević (1998) Aleksandra Uzelac (2004)Ana Malešević (2002)
    Hena Kurtagić (2004)

• You can also add Mila Djordjevic, she have good time in Calcit.

Next few years, and mostly rest of the current season i see as a battle of the setters. This is the only position that we are not fully covered for the future.

Girls that will fight for a spot in VNL 2023 are:

Aleksandra Cirovic (Crvena Zvezda)

Rada Perovic(Ub)

Mila Djordjevic (Calcit) - maybe she will play CL

Maybe Andrea Tisma(Volero Zurich) - she dont have age group duties anymore

I like Veselinovic, but she will kinda be forgotten this season, they dont play Cev cups.

And i dont think that Jaksic will be called now, not before one more season in europe.

• Honestly i leave Djordjevic out on purpose, i know that she have good moments but i see all other girls listed there with higher potential then her, but as this is general topic and not my personal blog, LoL, i will add them

both (Tisma and Djordjevic).

I would love to see Cirovic and Perovic (want to see Veselinovic with them but agree with part of her being forgotten) in the VNL, full time.

• Is Taubner a starter on the team? I watched her at the U21 European Championships and I think she's pretty good

How many times I see Popovic on the pitch, I'm a little afraid because her form has been average for a long time 8o

• I like Veselinovic, but she will kinda be forgotten this season, they dont play Cev cups.

It doesn't help that the Kazakhtan Volleyball Federation doesn't keep the streamed games on their YouTube channel. It's my first time seeing her play a full game yesterday and I can see what you and Bogdan said about her setting style in the 2022 thread. Not flashy but neat. Hope she gets the chance to play in the senior team.

• It doesn't help that the Kazakhtan Volleyball Federation doesn't keep the streamed games on their YouTube channel. It's my first time seeing her play a full game yesterday and I can see what you and Bogdan said about her setting style in the 2022 thread. Not flashy but neat. Hope she gets the chance to play in the senior team.

She is very unlucky. She had great start of the last season, and injured just day or two before match against Conegliano and chance to play in front of Santarelli.

• Is Taubner a starter on the team? I watched her at the U21 European Championships and I think she's pretty good

How many times I see Popovic on the pitch, I'm a little afraid because her form has been average for a long time 8o

Popovic is best middle in turkish league :)

About Taubner, yes she is kinda starter now. She was not planed before season, but main OPP dont play well(i think she cant keep up with 2 games per week). Taubner remind me of Drews, she can spike fast, strong left hand, but she have 0 control of her shoots.

• Popovic is best middle in turkish league :)

About Taubner, yes she is kinda starter now. She was not planed before season, but main OPP dont play well(i think she cant keep up with 2 games per week). Taubner remind me of Drews, she can spike fast, strong left hand, but she have 0 control of her shoots.

Well, I'm more concerned with the effectiveness of the attack, but it may depend on the setter ^^

• Who will be this year's version of Sara Lozo? Will there be one?

Popovic is best middle in turkish league :)

You are lucky there aren't all that many Americans or sassy Brazilian users on this site, because you would be bullied for that statement.:lol::P

You are lucky there aren't all that many Americans or sassy Brazilian users on this site, because you would be bullied for that statement.:lol::P

Hello there :mirror:

Got beef? :wavy:

• Cant wait to see what’s in store !

• Hello there :mirror:

On a sassiness scale of 1 to 10 , you are a teddy bear.:kiss:And not just any, but this one:

p0b7h0x0.jpg

Got beef? :wavy:

Nope. I LOVE Brazilian twitter. It's one of the rare reasons I've been visiting that crumbling site lately.:rolll: