Serbian Women's NT 2023

• Our youngest team, Mia Ciric is so tall for her age ^^

I watched our second game (first is unwatchable due to juddering) and i can say that our setter #3 is really good, also i would mention Tadic (MB #7), and one player with which i'm already "familiar" is Veselinovic (OPP #13), for the rest more matches is needed.

Having in mind that Tadic is only 12 years old and her current level, I could say that she is another super talent in the MB position from Serbia.

• Our youngest team, Mia Ciric is so tall for her age ^^

She's the literal definition of someone just born yesterday. :lol:

• I watched our second game (first is unwatchable due to juddering) and i can say that our setter #3 is really good, also i would mention Tadic (MB #7), and one player with which i'm already "familiar" is Veselinovic (OPP #13), for the rest more matches is needed.

Having in mind that Tadic is only 12 years old and her current level, I could say that she is another super talent in the MB position from Serbia.

And what does it look like among OH?

• I watched these matches and Serbia is playing really well for such a young team

What do you think about these girls? As I see MB No. 7 and already has such good skills and is only 12 years old

• I watched these matches and Serbia is playing really well for such a young team

What do you think about these girls? As I see MB No. 7 and already has such good skills and is only 12 years old

Its their first international competition, my first impression is good. They lost both games but we need to consider they playing against older teams.

• Okay, soo, I watched the second game from yesterday and I basically had the same conclusion as Bogdan. The setter is really good, and rarely makes mistakes, it was usually a matter of timing than anything else. MB #7 is also great considering her age. In that game, the opposing MBs were tipping left and right from our block with great success and it was probably the scouting fault from our end since we handled that much better in today's match. The thing I also noticed was that the Russian girls seemed like they were a bit ahead in technical elements. And with that I mean in terms of the directions of attack(from all players), MB setting ability, serve especially, and that team yesterday was either very good in reception or our service was very weak, tough to say which one.

I also didn't have a formed opinion about our OH after yesterday's matches but after today my thoughts are that OH #11 is a bit of a power hitter, usually attacks in the same spot every time, and is slow in defense. OH #10 is better, imo, in almost all areas - reception, defense and attack. She has much more variety in attacking directions and when she makes a mistake she usually doesn't repeat it. But it seemed like the #11 always made the mistake in the deciding moments of the match.

And about the OPP position, #13 played yesterday and #12 played today. And I don't think I have particular opinions of them. They seem to be on a similar level but nothing spectacular.

Libero was the one player that I didn't like, at all, after the first day, but today she was much better. Still not very good in reception but miles better in defense than the first day.

And after all of this, I have to say that I don't have much experience following youth NTs so it's tough for me to say which skill translates and which doesn't. These are my observations, but those assessments of Bogdan and volleySrb will probably be more valid. :win:

• Mina Mihajlovic #10 is Ana Mihajlovic sister. :)

I agree about Ciric #11, she is tall good in attack but for now struggling in reception and defense in general.

Yeah, russian are one generations ahead, this is tournament for players 2006/2007 and our girls are mostly 2008 so they need two more years of training :lol: and we have just 3 players 2007 that played with generation 2006 last two years.

Setter is good, Ristic #3, precise and fast, only problem that i see that she send 90% balls to zone4, barely any ball behind head to opposites.

I like younger opposite more but we barely seen them, no balls for them at all.

We lost many points in miscommunication but this is normal, libero is new, she is from older generation and just started playing with 2008, she and setter had a lot of trouble communicating.

Tadic #7 is good MB, but she is 3 years younger than this age group, so i will wait to see what we have more in the roster. Other MB Naćvej #8 is ok.

• I agree about the setter, but at this stage, to me, precision seems more important because decision-making develops more with age. She had some really great sets behind the back to OPP. Plus, OPP#12 was pretty bad in set 2 so position 4 was getting a lot of balls all the way to the end.

The other team was also losing a lot of points on miscommunication but I agree with your point. I wonder even how much did the girls have time to practice together. As you mentioned, this isn't really our full roster for this age group. Plus, Russian girls probably trained more together since they didn't play in international competitions last year so they probably practiced with their peers from this tournament a lot.

• I agree about the setter, but at this stage, to me, precision seems more important because decision-making develops more with age. She had some really great sets behind the back to OPP. Plus, OPP#12 was pretty bad in set 2 so position 4 was getting a lot of balls all the way to the end.

The other team was also losing a lot of points on miscommunication but I agree with your point. I wonder even how much did the girls have time to practice together. As you mentioned, this isn't really our full roster for this age group. Plus, Russian girls probably trained more together since they didn't play in international competitions last year so they probably practiced with their peers from this tournament a lot.

If i understand russian girls played league, this is just final tournament for them, Yes we didn't call players from superleague teams. Srem libero is 2007, 3rd OPP is girl from Lajkovac, i guess she would be called if is not friendly tournament. Rogic from Ub is captain, so i dont know who play with her #10 or #11. But i guess there is more players.

• If i understand russian girls played league, this is just final tournament for them,

Indeed, some of Kaliningrad's players play in the 2nd division of the Russian League (Loko Kaliningrad-2), and the rest in the youth league (Loko Kaliningrad U20). As I said before, some of the 2006-born players have sorta experience and have been part of the team that won the last ECh U17 (one of them was the MVP). BTW, they aren't the best of this generation... there are already some girls that are playing as starters in the 1st division of the Russian league (Kovaleva, '06, Kazan), Nesterova ('06, Sparta), Pavlova ('06, Lipetsk), and Musienko ('07, Uralochka).

Today, Loko played at the beginning with a kinda mixed team (just two '08-born players: opposite and the libero, the rest were '06 players), then '07-'08 players entered. According to the stats of the match, the best and the 3rd best scorers of the match were '08 players from Loko (Opp and OH). https://myvolley.ru/tournament/?id=557#/results/match/29636

About the other Russian teams, I don't know so much. Just some Chelyabinsk players play in the youth league (in Metar Chelyabinsk). I guess the rest are players from local clubs. According to the general stats, the best scorer and player of the tournament is the '08 OH player Burtseva from the Khakassia Republic, which plays the final tomorrow.

https://myvolley.ru/tournament/?id=557#/statistic

• Yeah, Kalingrad girls totally overpowered them, our team basically put bench in on 17-8 in first set.

I watched stats, against as in first 2 matches best scorer was 2006. Primorski krai, most of the players were 2006, ironically they were easier to play than Kalingrad and Krasnodar. You just need one or two players to be older, if they are hitters OH or OPP difference is huge at that young age. Other problem that we have just 2 starters 2007, so is mainly 2008 and one 2010 ^^

• I hope they will play VNL too.

Yeah, the best part of 2002/2003 now play with 2004.

This team have so many combinations, Tica can play OH or OPP(if Vajagic/Ivanovic play).

I need to mention few more players that are also good, maybe they will play in European u22 championship qualifications. Players like Djordjevic(MB, Ub), Cikuc(MB, Tent), Tomic, Punisic(libero from Pazova, amazing receiver).

• Partizan made me to almost forgot about Tomic, she is solid player, should be in the team as receving option, nothing more than that though. Cikuc could be there also in case of 14 roster (2021 was 12).

Djordjevic is mediocre at best even comparing just with this generation. Didn't watch Punisic too much, as she barely playedc but for me Kujundzic is better option anyway, especially after full season as starter in Omladinac.

Also there are Lazovic, Stojanovic at setter postion as interesting players but not better than Tisma, Mandovic.