Serbian Women's NT 2023

• What I naively assumed, that one more Guidetti's assistant will be Sanja Tomasevic (former volleyball player and until recently Arizona State head coach) it comes out as semi correct, apparently she will not be NT assistaint but his assistaint in Vakifbank.

• Full Press Conference

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C…/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I will try to translate and point out interesting and important things later, and will be so happy if some of my compatriots and serbian friends forestall me. :drink:

• My prediction W1

Drča, Miljević

Bjelica, Taubner

Aleksić, Osmajic, Popović, Kurtagic

Lozo, Buša, Uzelac, Tica/Lazović

Pušić, Pakić/Gočanin

Eventually Mirković instead of Miljević and 5 oh and no Taubner

I expect Kocić, Jegdić and Milenković to be saved for W2 so he can rest Aleksić, Popović, Buša and Pušić then.

• The line-up is expected to be announced on Saturday🤞

• Full Press Conference

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C…/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I will try to translate and point out interesting and important things later, and will be so happy if some of my compatriots and serbian friends forestall me. :drink:

Besides the things you already mentioned about Stevanovic, Maja and Tijana, the only important things are that we will find out the roster for week one saturday afternoon, that the players will be travelling to Ankara monday, and that both Bjelica and Pusic underlined that the target is gold at this year's VNL (and not just with empty platitudes like: "we always have the highest goals bla bla").

I have to say that the level of media interest and organisation by OSSRB, to put it mildly, leave a lot to be desired. Media is still behaving with the attitude of that so-often repeated accursed (and untranslatable) phrase "deveti ešalon ozbiljnog sporta". To have only one reporter asking questions (while others, all youngsters, are seemingly sent to fill out seats and is clearly a "bottom-of-the-ladder" journalistic assignment)...it's embrassing, however you spin it.

I know that on some level it will seem to Gui that the lack of scrutiny like a breath of fresh air, but I can't stop imagining him thinking on some level of his brain: "Really, this for a two-time world champions...".<X:rolleyes:

• Besides the things you already mentioned about Stevanovic, Maja and Tijana, the only important things are that we will find out the roster for week one saturday afternoon, that the players will be travelling to Ankara monday, and that both Bjelica and Pusic underlined that the target is gold at this year's VNL (and not just with empty platitudes like: "we always have the highest goals bla bla").

I have to say that the level of media interest and organisation by OSSRB, to put it mildly, leave a lot to be desired. Media is still behaving with the attitude of that so-often repeated accursed (and untranslatable) phrase "deveti ešalon ozbiljnog sporta". To have only one reporter asking questions (while others, all youngsters, are seemingly sent to fill out seats and is clearly a "bottom-of-the-ladder" journalistic assignment)...it's embrassing, however you spin it.

I know that on some level it will seem to Gui that the lack of scrutiny like a breath of fresh air, but I can't stop imagining him thinking on some level of his brain: "Really, this for a two-time world champions...".<X:rolleyes:

probably cultural? Maybe Serbia is not that crazy with volleyball as Turkey is (albeit the world champ titles).

And whenever I think of Serbia, Tersic always comes to mind. Looks disinterested, moody and the best emotion that comes out is just a look of mild interest.🤣

• Serbian roster for week 1:

S: Drča/Mirković

Opp: Bjelica, Taubner (!)

OH: Lozo/Buša/Milenković/Lazović/Uzelac

MB: Aleksić/Popović/Kurtagić

L: Pušić/Jegdić

• Kurtagić and especially Taubner biggest surprises. But still good choice. If the latter is ever to be given a chance this year, it's this week.

• Just a small clarification: on their official website, OSSRB has the roster I posted above. On their instagram page, they added Jovana Cvetković, with some in the comments claiming Lozo has some small injury, thus the replacement. Don't know how accurate that is.

• Just a small clarification: on their official website, OSSRB has the roster I posted above. On their instagram page, they added Jovana Cvetković, with some in the comments claiming Lozo has some small injury, thus the replacement. Don't know how accurate that is.

On the OSSRB website, in the first paragraph after the picture, they mention Cvetkovic and Lozo's injury.

Quote: "Sa ekipom će u Antaliju otputovati i Jovana Cvetković, primač, s obzirom na lakšu povredu Sare Lozo."

• On the OSSRB website, in the first paragraph after the picture, they mention Cvetkovic and Lozo's injury.

Quote: "Sa ekipom će u Antaliju otputovati i Jovana Cvetković, primač, s obzirom na lakšu povredu Sare Lozo."

Thanks. I didn't see that.:thumbup:

• My main question is:

Does the fact that Kurtagić will get that chance in the 1st week and not Osmajić has any meaning as far their team hierarchy goes? I can honestly see any of 3 options potentially being accurate (that it doesn't matter and Osmajić will get the chance in 2nd week; that Kurtagić is getting the chance for the same reason as Taubner, as an outside options being given the chance to prove herself; that she was included simply because Gio thinks her better right now than Minja).

• Good team. Only question is why Cvetković :lol:

Also in photo shooting is Branka Tica and not Bianka Buša:lol:

Busa wasn't today at training and photo shooting because of weeding of her friend and former volleyball player Katarina Raicevic (and Miran Kujundzic).

• What do you think about these elections? For me they are fine

• Guess he doesn’t like tica if he picked cvetkovic

• seems like the only solid team in the first week is Turkiye or Japan. The rest have too many missing key players.

I mean our roster is solid.