Serbian Women's NT 2023

• I liked our game today, although ofc I would’ve prefered watching Uzelac instead of Lozo :lol:

But Lozo had an amazing game.

This is what kind of attitude and energy I want to see from our team.

Maja’s setting was very solid but distribution was just great (I wish Busa got more chances though instead of those OOS balls she was getting only)

Boskovic 31 balls, Lozo 20, Aleksic 17..pretty solid.

And we can see Tijana’s attack being much more deadly and efficient with less mistakes and digs when she is not only option in attack at all cost.

Aleksic with 5 blocks and 5 touches is performance we’ve all been expecting from her since season started :lol:

Jegdic was pretty good, I’m glad she is continuing with her performance. Still wish we’d see 2 libero system cause Jegdic can hold her reception really well but she can hardly cover for anyone else, which is literally what Pusic was trained for in Terzic system. Digs and defense are really amazing when she is in place, although she still struggles a bit with reaction time and running around, at least that’s my impression.

I’m really satisfied with how game turned out and level they showed.. exept Stevanovic, she had hard time hitting slide but part of it is because Maja’s sets to her were trash tbh, but still poor performance from her even blocking wise.

Now let’s pray China wins with no tie-break so girls can play and we can watch tomorrow game without tension and stress :lol:

• About tomorrow game, we know Guuidetti but i would play with:

Mirkovic, Bjelica, Uzelac, Lazovic, Kurtagic, Aleksic, Pusic :)

I was thinking the same but Boskovic over Bjelica.
    Tijana always wants to play and we need to at least be competative in order for others to actually get a player experience.
    But Kurtagic def deserves to play the match. She’s been with the team all summer, 3 different tournament and only got to play 4-5 points (where she actually made 1 block and 2/2 in attack :heart:)

Anyhow, Uzelac and Kurtagic is a must for tomorrow, it’s the perfect opportunity to gain experience in the chill game, if there ever was one.

• Do you guys think that jaksic and mirkovic will be the setter duo next Olympic cycle or do you think there will be a new duo from younger generations?

• Do you guys think that jaksic and mirkovic will be the setter duo next Olympic cycle or do you think there will be a new duo from younger generations?

perovic is the real talent who should be starter post maja Drca

• Maja said in an interview that they would go for a win against China to finish this tournament.

I would hate it if we don’t see Kurtagic.. girl was with the team WHOLE summer, give her one game at least, she deserves it ;(

Would it really be a downgrade to have Kurtagic on court instead of unmotivated Stevanovic? I don’t think so.

Not playing Uzelac for whatever reason is also big no no, girl needs this type of no pressure gamed to finally find her rythm with the team instead of being thrown in fire whole summer. If this is not ideal opportunity to play Uzelac and Kurtagic then I don’t know what is…

• Congrats Serbia for qualifying! Although they got the ticket to Paris, I still find Guidetti's work with this team to be a bit disappointing, considering Serbia is the strongest NT he coached. There's no magic like the one he did with Germany or Netherlands. The team was much more solid last year under Santarelli's guidance, IMO.

• Congrats Serbia for qualifying! Although they got the ticket to Paris, I still find Guidetti's work with this team to be a bit disappointing, considering Serbia is the strongest NT he coached. There's no magic like the one he did with Germany or Netherlands. The team was much more solid last year under Santarelli's guidance, IMO.

Guidetti is partially to blame for that, but I’m sure he wanted to do his best.

There is also a factor of many players underperforming compared to last season, especially crucial players like Drca, Stevanovic, Pusic and Lozo.

Lozo and Drca are nowhere near their form from last year, Pusic and Stevanovic don’t have impact they had last season. And ofc Maja with her playstyle.. I don’t complitely blame Guidetti for putting Maja cause Drca wasn’t in good shape at all during VNL and even that game in ECH when sick Maja had to enter to close the game.

But overall the only thing I really hated about Guidetti’s coaching is hoe much he rotated OHs and destroyed confidence of some players.
    Even last WCH wouldn’t had that result if Mihajlovic wasn’t there to step in when we needed her and she asked to not play this NT summer.. it’s many things combined and Guidetti isn’t all to blame for it, but sute he could’ve done a better job

• Guidetti is partially to blame for that, but I’m sure he wanted to do his best.

There is also a factor of many players underperforming compared to last season, especially crucial players like Drca, Stevanovic, Pusic and Lozo.

Lozo and Drca are nowhere near their form from last year, Pusic and Stevanovic don’t have impact they had last season. And ofc Maja with her playstyle.. I don’t complitely blame Guidetti for putting Maja cause Drca wasn’t in good shape at all during VNL and even that game in ECH when sick Maja had to enter to close the game.

But overall the only thing I really hated about Guidetti’s coaching is hoe much he rotated OHs and destroyed confidence of some players.
    Even last WCH wouldn’t had that result if Mihajlovic wasn’t there to step in when we needed her and she asked to not play this NT summer.. it’s many things combined and Guidetti isn’t all to blame for it, but sute he could’ve done a better job

Agreed. I just hope Maja will learn to adjust her sets next year. She's one of the best setters ever and it would be unfortunate it she retires on a low note. If there's a team that can challenge Turkey, it's peak Serbia and Italy.

• The game today was good, I wish we won but it still wasn’t really a failure.

Kurtagic got to play and made a block :heart:.. although she did look kinda lost tbh, but I’m gonna give her a pass this time as this was her first big game and she wasn’t bad at all. She was late once, like really got tooled by Diao, but it was on perfect pass by Chinease so I can’t be mad about that.
    Idk who’s idea it was for her to run slide though lol.. She should stick to first tempo attacks 100%.

Overall I’m really really happy she got chance to play and I’m excited for her in the future:super:

Uzelac struggled on reception more then usual. We don’t really see perfect passes from her but getting aced 2 times is a lot considering she was aced only once during whole ECH group stage.

She has huge problem with confidence and that’s something we knew even from U competitions and club season, she must work on that and versatility in her attack. She became so afraid to take risks and hit fingers or block-out, hope she keeps developing in Brazilian league. If anything Brazilian clubs produce so many top players in every segment of the game.

Bjelica played really good game, not just for her standards but objectively good game for any OP.

Idk if we will see her on OG but I wish she would be included as she was part of the team for so long and she deserves to retire from NT with one last chance for OG gold (yes, I’m calling for her retirement after Paris :lol:)

Mirkovic performance was… questionable at best.

She shined at moments but had so many failed sets that it was hard to watch

Pusic defence was on point, she was really motivated this match :win:

Overall I prefered this rather then playing boskoball, it’s valuable experience for the team without Tijana doing hardest work.