Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• I still think her attitude or energy isn't exactly spot on idk. Like the top Opps I feel like are a mix of ice and fire and know when to switch either on, which is maybe then the balance she needs, Vargas, Haak, Egonu, Boskovic etc. are all like this.

She does seem very cold-blooded almost like an opposite of Ebrar. Anyway, NCAA is like something like U23. U21 I think, just like juniors success doesn't always transfer to pro, I think the same has been seen from NCAA players. Not saying she is bad, I know she is targeted, but that's also for a reason, why is no one really jumping to target someone like Gabi?

NCAA is better than 90% of the leagues in the world. Don't underestimate it. Programs also have far better oganization, facilities, environment and fans than anywhere else. Nebraska played Omaha in front of 100.000+ fans in a single game (new world record). In Europe you barely go close to 10.000. And this is the reason why PVF and LOVB are so dangeruos for european leagues.

• NCAA is better than 90% of the leagues in the world. Don't underestimate it. Programs also have far better oganization, facilities, environment and fans than anywhere else. Nebraska played Omaha in front of 100.000+ fans in a single game (new world record). In Europe you barely go close to 10.000. And this is the reason why PVF and LOVB are so dangeruos for european leagues.

That might prove to be true, indeed

But I gotta say. I haven't watched a lot of NCAA but for my money the Japanese Uni ball is lot better than what I've seen of NCAA, which is slooow and big gun, and has rules to compensate for lack of skills :what: .... BUT .... take the players out of their respective contexts and put them into a Euro league and the NCAA players are going to be better, way better, because it is what it is

• NCAA is better than 90% of the leagues in the world. Don't underestimate it. Programs also have far better oganization, facilities, environment and fans than anywhere else. Nebraska played Omaha in front of 100.000+ fans in a single game (new world record). In Europe you barely go close to 10.000. And this is the reason why PVF and LOVB are so dangeruos for european leagues.

NCAA grows players with one skillset. Because of the substitution rules, so many attackers lack fundamental skills like reception. Certain teams might have good organizations comparable European clubs but the overall level is nowhere close to top European leagues. That's why most of the top players prefer to stay in European leagues instead of playing in NCAA (for example Naz refused a lot of top NCAA teams and preferred to play in Eczacıbaşı instead)

• NCAA grows players with one skillset. Because of the substitution rules, so many attackers lack fundamental skills like reception. Certain teams might have good organizations comparable European clubs but the overall level is nowhere close to top European leagues. That's what most of the top players prefer to stay in European leagues instead of playing in NCAA (for example Naz refused a lot of top NCAA teams and preferred to play in Eczacıbaşı instead)

IMHO Nebraska, Stanford, Wisconsin would easily beat Karayollari for example. And would be titles contenders in most of Europe (Bulgaria, Slovakia and so on)...

Just my 2 cents.

• IMHO Nebraska, Stanford, Wisconsin would easily beat Karayollari for example. And would be titles contenders in most of Europe (Bulgaria, Slovakia and so on)...

Just my 2 cents.

Karayollari isn't really that bad, but moreover this might be true, because Karayollari is not a real team and a lot of 2nd division teams in Turkey can beat Karayollari and Ilbanks Sultanlar Ligi version as well. It's a team that functions with a different purpose, with a strong youth category and ties to Eczacibasi youth as well. They develop youngsters with the purpose of reselling them for a higher price to top teams or to develop players from top teams like Vakif, FB, EczV. Karayollari and Ilbank could buy a lot of foreigners and they showed that in the past, but they choose not to.

Some people are bored of them and don't want them to come to Sultanlar Ligi lol but clearly their system is working well bcs they very often manage to make it in the Sultanlar Ligi lol.

This season their focus is definitely on setter Dilay and OH Eylul.

• That might prove to be true, indeed

But I gotta say. I haven't watched a lot of NCAA but for my money the Japanese Uni ball is lot better than what I've seen of NCAA, which is slooow and big gun, and has rules to compensate for lack of skills :what: .... BUT .... take the players out of their respective contexts and put them into a Euro league and the NCAA players are going to be better, way better, because it is what it is

I think Japanese Uni looks very good against other Japanese Uni because they are a similar level, but it's well known Japanese players struggle with going out of their system. Don't think the serves are as hard in J-Uni for example which affects reception level. Japan has a good level when it comes to defense and reception and some nice technical skills but imo the almost equally short Thai players for me show more potential and out of the box thinking, which is needed to reach the highest level. Thailand also is the inspiration for Vakifbanks game, which is the best team in the world, enough said.

Sadly a lot of European volleyball and world volleyball is just about height and power now which bores me as well so it's nice to have Japanese as an opposite and I always enjoy the leagues when I watch but... to me Japanese volleyball can be a bit boring as well and in their league they often have the same focus... but its all about one player taking swings.

• IMHO Nebraska, Stanford, Wisconsin would easily beat Karayollari for example. And would be titles contenders in most of Europe (Bulgaria, Slovakia and so on)...

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe, but the subs rules would need to be different.

I can't imagine for example Smrek playing as six-rotations opposite.

Also the serving libero rule helps NCAA teams a lot.

• Maybe, but the subs rules would need to be different.

I can't imagine for example Smrek playing as six-rotations opposite.

Also the serving libero rule helps NCAA teams a lot.

That's my point too, they definitely have good rosters but I think sub rules hinders players' development as all around players in general

• in their league they often have the same focus... but its all about one player taking swings

I hate that. Those boring BCS loving Big Corporate Dual Citizenship teams who end up getting all the best Uni Girls too :mad: I don't watch them as much any more. I enjoy the sucky teams

Have you heard all the business about Japan changing the V.League next year, with a 5–10 year plan to be like Italian League. Foreigners galore, and etc. Japanese volleyball is dying in front of my eyes -- That's why their Uni Ball is my last bastion: everybody diving like boys, everybody passing like a setter. Brute force serving. So good, but they need to work on block coverage. Somehow that gets lost between HS and League

• I hate that. Those boring BCS loving Big Corporate Dual Citizenship teams who end up getting all the best Uni Girls too :mad: I don't watch them as much any more. I enjoy the sucky teams

Have you heard all the business about Japan changing the V.League next year, with a 5–10 year plan to be like Italian League. Foreigners galore, and etc. Japanese volleyball is dying in front of my eyes -- That's why their Uni Ball is my last bastion: everybody diving like boys, everybody passing like a setter. Brute force serving. So good, but they need to work on block coverage. Somehow that gets lost between HS and League

Yea honestly I wish more teams were bad all over the world :rolll: Teams like India, Mongolia for example were so enjoyable to watch in Asian Champs this season. I saw some African games as well and it was amazing. But then you have those random couple of teams that completely ruin the fantasy and destroy these teams under 1 hour 😪 boring. So tryhard...

The technical aspect for me is definitely more fun to watch too vs the game of power + height and thats it. In my ideal world they'd nerf height in volleyball. But that's not happening so, we'll stay on as long as we remain entertained I guess.

• Vakifbank and imoco again switching players. Vakifbank is interested on plummer. So she will replace gabi is this is true? Interesting. So one or both frantti/busa will be leaving vakıf.

Is this a joke or something. I don’t know what’s going on in Gui’s head, he has been doing this for the last couple of years, substituting a good player whit a questionable one.

when is this? the official record I saw was 92k.

while it's true that college sports is big in the USA, pro VB is not. AU is almost unheard of. and you can't even get 5k to watch the National Team on home soil. So it confuses me that USA started with 2 separate leagues right away (3 now, with AU).

• when is this? the official record I saw was 92k.

while it's true that college sports is big in the USA, pro VB is not. AU is almost unheard of. and you can't even get 5k to watch the National Team on home soil. So it confuses me that USA started with 2 separate leagues right away (3 now, with AU).

I found out from Instagram. The reel said 103.003 iirc.

• I don't get why people think Markova or ?Plummer? are transferring to replace Gabi.

Ofc, they will add someone with good defensive skills like Gabi to the team or keep Busa in that role. They can also snatch İlkin or Cate. Even though the Markova-Ilkin or Markova-Cate duo does not look so good to me, they can form such a team. These duos will only work next to one of top 4 OPPs.

I think they are planing to create a team like this;

Cansu - Haak/Egonu/ Boskovic

Markova - Busa/İlkin/Caterina

Zehra - Ogbogu

Ayça

• However they are only interested on Plummer or pietrini lol. So i assume 1 of either markova or plummer will play opposite if they don't sign and look for a replacement for JT.

• However they are only interested on Plummer or pietrini lol. So i assume 1 of either markova or plummer will play opposite if they don't sign and look for a replacement for JT.

you know only these two***