Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• The Chinese League will adapt its formal schedule right, given the zero-Covid policy was lifted.

In that case, the Chinese League will become much longer, making it difficult for Player like Vargas to sign tow contract in one seaon.

I suppose it's nice to have dreams. better be home/away double round robin.

• The Chinese League will adapt its formal schedule right, given the zero-Covid policy was lifted.

In that case, the Chinese League will become much longer, making it difficult for Player like Vargas to sign tow contract in one seaon.

Even if the policy was lifted it's still an Olympic year so CVA will likely keep it short again for so called "preparations"

• About the setter talk from the other thread:

The Macris to Novara suggestion is very popular among Brazilian fans (who, let me tell you, are PISSED lol. Macris was trending on Brazilian twitter during today's game). There was a rumor back then that Lavarini wanted her for this season, but she ended up going with Fenerbahce.

I think Roberta would be a good fit for Milano or Scandicci. If Milano do get Boskovic, they'll need a better setter too. And from what I understand, the Yao Di transfer is just for this latter half of the season and she should go back to China next year (correct me if I'm wrong). I hope she doesn't go to Turkiye, though. The 3 foreigner cap means that a lot of the time coaches have to sacrifice foreign setters to fit the team's needs, and I don't like the idea of her playing only European cups the season right before the Olympics.

Some other Brazil-centric things:

I was skeptical about the Zé to THY talk at first, but now I really want it to happen. I think it would be great for Julia to train under him, she improved a lot during the couple of months she was with the NT last year.

Also, my biggest wish is for Ana Cristina to leave Fenerbahce. I know her contract was unusually long (like 4 years? at 17? very risky imo), but maybe she can get a loan to a mid-table team in Italy or something. The girl needs to PLAY.

• The Brazilian fans looking for Macris are all I saw in the live comment section of the match. 😅 they're passionate. 🤣

• The Macris to Novara suggestion is very popular among Brazilian fans (who, let me tell you, are PISSED lol. Macris was trending on Brazilian twitter during today's game). There was a rumor back then that Lavarini wanted her for this season, but she ended up going with Fenerbahce.

Poulter has a valid contract for next season as well. She may not be able to play for the first half, but I don't think Novara will sign another foreign setter. More reasonable option is to keep the current two and wait for Poulter.

I don't think Lavarini has power to decide which player to buy. The current lineup is mostly decided by the sports director, not the coach.

• Ebrar karakurt to Lokomitiv kaliningrad. Who is going to replace her?

• probably stysiak since lavarini is coaching her in poland NT

• I don't want Ebrar to go to Russia lol

It's Olympic year, it's still not certain that Russian clubs would play European Cups or not.

She should stay in Italy

It's probably a great offer (I don't think it's 800.000 but maybe around 500.000) but she should consider such offers after Olympics I think

• (I don't think it's 800.000 but maybe around 500.000)

my opinion tho, 800.000 seems like a reasonable number, the top Russian clubs are well-knowned for their big budget and they need to make higher offer to attract foreign players to come play in Russian League given the tough condition it has.

Doesn't Smarzek also get around 800.000 to play in Lokomitiv kaliningrad ? Maybe some polish fan have better memory than mine can confirm this

• I think Roberta would be a good fit for Milano or Scandicci. If Milano do get Boskovic, they'll need a better setter too. And from what I understand, the Yao Di transfer is just for this latter half of the season and she should go back to China next year (correct me if I'm wrong). I hope she doesn't go to Turkiye, though. The 3 foreigner cap means that a lot of the time coaches have to sacrifice foreign setters to fit the team's needs, and I don't like the idea of her playing only European cups the season right before the Olympics.

I don’t think Milano will give up on Orro. She is the “best” Italian setter, that alone already gives her an edge over others.

Also with Milano’s roaster, they need an Italian setter to make sure 3 Italian players on court. Sylla is so unreliable in attack and Folie is injury prone (I’m pleasantly surprised she is still heathy this season, unlike her previous years in Imoco that nearly half of every seasons was injured). If they play with a foreign setter, both Sylla & Folie must be on court in most of the matches, that will just create another disaster.

• Akimova maybe, she is not on that level yet, but Novara can make a team for a long run

If that's the rationale they should invest in Ituma. She has more potential and is without a doubt one of the best talents of the 2004-2005 gen. I wonder why she hasn't played as starter in irrelevant matches. Not even when Karakurt is having a bad day seems to change Lavarini's mind. I hope she plays for another team next season where she can be a starter

• Poulter has a valid contract for next season as well. She may not be able to play for the first half, but I don't think Novara will sign another foreign setter. More reasonable option is to keep the current two and wait for Poulter.

I don't think Lavarini has power to decide which player to buy. The current lineup is mostly decided by the sports director, not the coach.

I see, thank you for letting me know. Poulter was doing well and it makes sense to wait for her, especially since the second half is the one that counts the most.

I don't have any sources for any of these btw. It just the speculation that I've heard from other Brazilian fans.