Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• The actual quote is:

"It's always like this in January, rumors are starting to circulate for the usual transfer market games. I don't know if it's true or false, I too am amazed at what has been written. We'll see in the coming months"...

• The actual quote is:

"It's always like this in January, rumors are starting to circulate for the usual transfer market games. I don't know if it's true or false, I too am amazed at what has been written. We'll see in the coming months"...

So, my point was that the suggestion to not keep working together in vakifbank wasnt made by Egonu. Its gui's decision.

• So, my point was that the suggestion to not keep working together in vakifbank wasnt made by Egonu. Its gui's decision.

It was a no-fault divorce: both sides realized that it didn't work...

but I agree with you: the first step was taken by Vakif...

I don't know if from Guidetti himself, but he certainly endorsed the choice...

• I think having a better OH next year could easily make Paola play better. Or perhaps having Bajema play all the time could also improve the team. They've been playing together for only 4 months now. Sometimes it takes time to build a chemistry within a team. To keep changing the team every season is no benefit to any team in the world. See Eczacibasi. If I was Giovanni or Vakif's managers I would keep Paola.

• On Sara Lozo: I don't know if she's is a good fit for Vakifbank tbh. It's not that she isn't good, but she's the same kind of player as Daalderop and Bajema.

It would be better for her to go to a mid-table team in Italy or Turkey to establish herself a little bit more first. Vakifbank might be too big of a jump.

With the rosters as currently constructed, adding Lozo instead of Dalderop/Bajema, I agree, doesn't seem like the best choice. This is mainly why I personally don't think this rumor is true.

But then again, Gio had the most success with the club when he was working with a group that had a little less talent but a great team spirit and unity. Just like Bella might have a lower ceiling than Egonu, but her fit on the team seems to have been the main difference. Gio always valued players that worked very hard more than talented players that aren't workers. If Lozo were to get this chance, she will give it her all, that is for sure.

• Gui is suffering God complex.

All summer he was saying "I don't have OHs, they are not good".

And then he saw the OHs he brought to Vakifbank, Nika and Bajema are underperformed a lot.

Gui is so sick to see it. He is bringing Lozo, who has more potential than these 2 but still not MBH type of player. All he should have done was bringing Kelsey or Parubets type of player.

So, he needs to blame someone and he picked Egonu. Lozo won't fixed the OH problem Vakıf is suffering this year.

• I read on Italian portals that it is supposedly Egonu decision to leave

Vakıfbank is poorly organized, that's all

Last year they had a team that played as a team and this season ALL the players are having a much weaker season so what do you expect

The example of Eczacıbaşı this year shows how you can have a balanced team without sacrificing quality for Turkish and foreign players

Lozo transfer is not a stupid idea, nor is Van Aalen, although I thought that when it comes to Sırp, they will go more to the younger generation, e.g. Uzelac or Osmajic but that's another topic

Is Derya staying at Vakıfbank? Needless to say I started to like her:saint:

• I don't always believe that constructing a roster is 1+1=2. A lot of factors come into play. From players' behavior on and off the court, to their interactions with teammates and coaches and a lot more. In the CWCH, Vakif managed to win vs Ezaci (undefeated until then) and take a set from Imoco. It's not like they don't have it in them to win, it's just that with all the injuries and rotating OH position in which no one has been consistent, they have chemistry problems. And that is okay. They still have time to get their shit together. It's easy to shit on someone's decisions when you are 6 months removed from them and you can see which outcome they produced. It's not like there are 10 MBH types of players in the market. Vakif is gonna have a really tough off-season in terms of decisions that will have to be made, I hope they make better ones this time.

• I just want to say that Lozo is totally different player than Dalderop/Bajema. Lozo is clutch player that attack high and OOS balls. Bajema is solid system player, while both Dalderop and Lozo can be called attacking oriented hitters, but its a big difference, Nika is not clutch player and she cannot attack all type of balls.

So bottom line, while Lozo is improvement over Dalderop/Bajema, she is not a solution for their main OH problem.

• In addition to being entirely too invested in Vakif's issues (because I honestly doubt even a third of the people that have joined this debate actually root for them), I think we jump too much on these rumours, most of which are worthless crap that is invented whole-cloth by the reporters who report them for clicks. It's okay to speculate on whether any signing would be worthwhile, but I noticed the tendency lately for people to discuss brand new rumours as if they were already accomplished fact. Just something to keep in mind.

• Nika is great OH, She just wasn’t right player for Vakifbank.

I hope She will go back to Italy. She would help a lot of teams.
    To bad that She left Novara, her and Poulter would have killer connection. (Before Poulter got injured)

I wouldn’t be angry if She goes to Conegliano at all. :whistle:

Even thouth Gray is AMAZING back up player in Imoco, She is to good to be wasted on the bench.

• - Scandicci is closed to sign Herbots, they also checked Bajema, but she received some nice offers from China.

- Castillo definitely leave Scandicci after this season, Firenze and Megabox have interest in her.

- Firenze try to bring the young cuban OH Ailama Cesé Montalvo to Seria A. She plays in Romanian league this season, coached by Parisi, the current coach of Firenze. ( I like this transfer, she is such a prospect.

https://www.volleynews.it/la-s…a-forte-su-britt-herbots/

Judging by the market movements, I don't think Scandicci is able to keep Zhu after all, probably have better offer.

• Bajema clasic american move, china than rest before olympics.

I dont get it how megabox can buy castillo, when they have bad local players.

Montalvo is solid attacking OH, she played with Urolocha in the final of russian superleague last season. She move on, after this famous Voronkov incident in the finals.