Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• Fetisova is an established player and one of the best blocker MB, if not the best, she will be the starter, deservedly. It is not like youngsters in THY. That case is more comparible to Volero

• For me the most furious thing which Terzic does is that he is keeping Meliha as starter for an other season when she is obviously the most weak player of the team. With a better OH Fenerbahce would be the favourite in every competition.

Fener's weakness is their pass and she covers that. Because who else apart from Gizem can hold the pass? If anything, Fener should find another OH with strong receive.

• For me the most furious thing which Terzic does is that he is keeping Meliha as starter for an other season when she is obviously the most weak player of the team. With a better OH Fenerbahce would be the favourite in every competition.

It is not like there are many local outsides who can receive well to cover Arina. All other options, Şeyma Ercan and Ilkin Aydın renewed with their current clubs. Tuğba signed with THY. Saliha could be an alternative although she is not as stable as Meliha at reception and defense.

• It is not like there are many local outsides who can receive well to cover Arina. All other options, Şeyma Ercan and Ilkin Aydın renewed with their current clubs. Tuğba signed with THY. Saliha could be an alternative although she is not as stable as Meliha at reception and defense.

I agree with this. So long as Meliha can receive well, she's good enough.

And wow, Eda & Fetisova MB duo provides Fener a strong block! Lots of Russians going abroad lately. Good for them.

• Cormio is the key person to Lube's achievement in the last few years and Trentino's success from 2008 to 2012.

Has he ever worked in female club? I don't think so, so you may wonder what would be his role in the whole Vero Volley Consorzium.

But yeah, he was overall pretty good in Civitanova in not taking part in bidding wars with other clubs, so Perugia paid monstrous contract for Leon, Modena overpaid Leal for nothing while Civitanova was building more balanced squads without such huge contracts. But he's not perfect, giving 3y contract to 33yo Zaytsev was extremely dumb considering the second season in a row they want to get rid off it.

• Good move by Novara, but it means Rosamaria will return to Novara just to sit on the bench for another season?:gone:

Put Rosamaria as OH next to Cate !

• Good move by Novara, but it means Rosamaria will return to Novara just to sit on the bench for another season?:gone:

Akimova is strong, but young.

In a championship like the Italian one, regularity is essential and hers needs to be verified. Supporting her with an expert player like Rosamaria is an excellent choice: Rosamaria will have space and her contribution to the team and to Akimova's growth will be fundamental...

I doubt they're getting both Rosamaria and Akimova anyway, they were just rumors about someone they were interested in with Rosa never anything official

I was doubting too but who is going tp play as an OH?. I do not think that Rosamaria will go to them but I think that they are trying to transfer her because they do not have any better option

• Has he ever worked in female club? I don't think so, so you may wonder what would be his role in the whole Vero Volley Consorzium.

But yeah, he was overall pretty good in Civitanova in not taking part in bidding wars with other clubs, so Perugia paid monstrous contract for Leon, Modena overpaid Leal for nothing while Civitanova was building more balanced squads without such huge contracts. But he's not perfect, giving 3y contract to 33yo Zaytsev was extremely dumb considering the second season in a row they want to get rid off it.

No. He has been working with men's club all the time. I think Vero volley wants to use his strength to help building the women's team. He is already 68. I would say either he stays at Lube until retirement, or jump to another team now and achieve something new in a few years.

Of course he is not perfect. But Monza has been investing a lot in the women's sector but the results seem to be unsatisfied. Cormio to Monza is risky for both sides. If it achieve good results, win-win for both sides. Otherwise, it could end up with failure for both sides.

I was doubting too but who is going tp play as an OH?. I do not think that Rosamaria will go to them but I think that they are trying to transfer her because they do not have any better option

I don't see Rosamaria as a sustainable option as OH and I she's even interested in playing that role for the whole season, there's plenty of better options as OH

• I was doubting too but who is going tp play as an OH?. I do not think that Rosamaria will go to them but I think that they are trying to transfer her because they do not have any better option

If Akimova goes to Novara, I think Rosamaria will not go. Neither will she be willing to play as an OH.

Novara's first OH choice was Frantti. But it seems she it going to Vakif. Another rumor was Szakmary. But she would probably be the backup for Bosetti and replace Giovannini. Based on the performance and the interview from the owner of the Main sponsor, they may keep Carcaces. The only one missing is the starting OH that play together with Bosetti. If they cannot get Frantti, who else will they go for. Lanier would be a good option, but it seems she is going to Conegliano.

• If Akimova goes to Novara, I think Rosamaria will not go. Neither will she be willing to play as an OH.

Novara's first OH choice was Frantti. But it seems she it going to Vakif. Another rumor was Szakmary. But she would probably be the backup for Bosetti and replace Giovannini. Based on the performance and the interview from the owner of the Main sponsor, they may keep Carcaces. The only one missing is the starting OH that play together with Bosetti. If they cannot get Frantti, who else will they go for. Lanier would be a good option, but it seems she is going to Conegliano.

Lanier has an awful season. How could be a starter in a team like Novara????