Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• Vallefoglia is making a strange market, considering the large economic resources they have...

They renewed Kosheleva and took 3 medium-level Italian OH, Degradi, Giovannini and Gardini (Gardini is a promise, but it is certainly not one that will be able to affect) ...

Plus they could confirm Mancini as starter MB and she's not that good...

Dijkema as setter, mmmmmm...

• I think someone had talked about her possible return to Japan...

However she is a player who wants money...

Rumors say she cashed 350K (some say 500K) to play half the season in Vallefoglia...

:what: oh wow.

That's hard to believe. For just half a season.

and majority of players would certainly "love" the money part of their contracts. Otherwise, no one would go to the Chinese league or the Japanese league.

• Italians have a long volleyball culture, but their managements are as bad as Turkish teams. I only like Imoco management among the italian teams that have big budget.

• People on this forum usually hype Scandicci but I dont like their team structure, they should have not signed Maja and Herbots. These two were not what that team needed. It looks like they transferred them just because of their famous names. And what's the point of renewing with barbolini?

Also, I like Zhu but giving 1.3-1.5 million when she is in this form is a bit question mark. I would rather giving that money to Egonu.

• People on this forum usually hype Scandicci but I dont like their team structure, they should have not signed Maja and Herbots. These two were not what that team needed. It looks like they transferred them just because of their famous names. And what's the point of renewing with barbolini?

Also, I like Zhu but giving 1.3-1.5 million when she is in this form is a bit question mark. I would rather giving that money to Egonu.

I think ZT getting a paycheck for that much money is based not solely on her performance and name but also the reach of the market which is Asia (SE and E) particularly China. The companies sponsoring the club want / have interest to get into this part of the world.

• Are you sure she is making that much money? I doubt it

That's what I was going to write.... as far as I know, she is not even making 1 million per year.

Let's not forget she joined Scandicci after a long break due to a serious injury.

I think someone had talked about her possible return to Japan...

However she is a player who wants money...

Rumors say she cashed 350K (some say 500K) to play half the season in Vallefoglia...

350K for half season in Drews?:what::what::what::what::what::what:??? These money seems to me a lot, even for a whole season if you thing her performances.

I do not understand how can she ask so much money...

350K for half season in Drews?:what::what::what::what::what::what:??? These money seems to me a lot, even for a whole season if you thing her performances.

Being the starting Opp of the reigning Olympic Gold medalist alone is worth something. You can question her true value outside the USA NT system, but you can’t take away her achievements and there are always teams willing to hire the OG winner just won the medal a year before.
    (Not to mention her VNL & V-league titlesssss and her personal awards lol)

It's not just a matter of asking for money, but you also have to find who gives it to you...

Often the skill lies in finding these people, because a fool and his money are soon parted...

• Are you sure she is making that much money? I doubt it

an italian newspaper named IL foglio said 1.2 million euros. Some people shared it here before.

https://www.ilfoglio.it/sport/…vato-a-scandicci-4199768/

Also I remember some people on this forum said Scandicci president is ready to match any offer to keep her in the team. So ı think she will earn around 1.2-1.5 next season.

• Oh bummer, I thought she didn't want to play because she had a problem with the trainer, sounds like it is not about the trainer since there is a new coach now🤷

• It's because of the federation i think.They have no a serious object...They don't play in European League.They have no a professional plan.

It is really shocking that Greece is not playing in European leagues while there are many weAker teams do🤔 is it because the Federation is broke?

If Greece could pull all their best players, you guys could have a solid starting 7 to compete with other mid level teams. Especially seeing how nicely Anthi carried whole GS this season👏 and now with Anthouli and stransali, Greek team could have a solid base