Japan Women's NT 2023

• one of the coaches that went with them is something inoue he was coaching at a school in the us. i believe avid posted it in the v league thread before

• The game is ongoing. The lefty OPP is a strong attacker. :cheesy: The wing spikers are pretty good attackers but everyone's reception and defense specially the libero is an issue :lol: The MBs are so far not memorable.

Edit:

They won their first match. 25-19, 25-16, 25-19 vs Eurovolley School. (The Boys lost their match)

• The game is ongoing. The lefty OPP is a strong attacker. :cheesy: The wing spikers are pretty good attackers but everyone's reception and defense specially the libero is an issue :lol: The MBs are so far not memorable.

Edit:

They won their first match. 25-19, 25-16, 25-19 vs Eurovolley School. (The Boys lost their match)

did she say 179? girl looks a lot taller or her legs are just a lot longer.

• did she say 179? girl looks a lot taller or her legs are just a lot longer.

She's listed as 180 cm on this article (https://www.getsuvolley.com/230221_zenchusenbatsu_italy). They are all tall earlier except for the setter. Their libero who can't receive well is 177cm and is also listed as OH/MB.

Yuzuki Baba who played as an MB in the U18 Asian Championship, is one of their key players here but as an OH.

• Pretty cool. I was able to rip it off that FB page :thumbup: Will watch it later

• Yikes! The defense

• These U16 girls are so formal and polite and a little confused. Like where to line up at the beginning of a set, and in between plays they all run over to the sideline for instructions, or something. I get vibes like watching third graders play soccer :lol:

It's remarkable the leap they make between where they are now and high school, which for most of them is next year. Japanese high school girls are highly confident and know what's what (in the big schools, anyway). They are money passers and crazy diving defenders. How does all that enter their bodies in the next several months? Maybe the lack of it is because these are all the "big" girls?

Big is overrated :teach:

• These U16 girls are so formal and polite and a little confused. Like where to line up at the beginning of a set, and in between plays they all run over to the sideline for instructions, or something. I get vibes like watching third graders play soccer :lol:

It's remarkable the leap they make between where they are now and high school, which for most of them is next year. Japanese high school girls are highly confident and know what's what (in the big schools, anyway). They are money passers and crazy diving defenders. How does all that enter their bodies in the next several months? Maybe the lack of it is because these are all the "big" girls?

Big is overrated :teach:

This competition may not be the holy grail of talent I mean for one I've never heard of it before but apparently this is the 7th edition. I suppose it helps to have plenty of options for JVA that starts em young so that outsiders don't keep yelling about "good old Japanese pride who think their ways are the best" type of bullshit. At least we know there are taller options among the youth. Hopefully they could find someone that could turn out decent like Megumi Kurihara if it's not Saori level.

• This competition may not be the holy grail of talent I mean for one I've never heard of it before but apparently this is the 7th edition. I suppose it helps to have plenty of options for JVA that starts em young so that outsiders don't keep yelling about "good old Japanese pride who think their ways are the best" type of bullshit. At least we know there are taller options among the youth. Hopefully they could find someone that could turn out decent like Megumi Kurihara if it's not Saori level.

I don't think Japan has played this U16 tournament before, probably why it's an unknown

The first time they participated in the main U19 tournament was 2019. They sent U18 and won it. I think Yukiko Wada was the Captain

• Domovip Winter Cup #7 Final Results

1 - Japan National Team

2 - Eurovolleyschool Trieste

3 - CSM Timisoara (Romania)

4 - Domovip Porcia

5 - US Cordenons

6 - Žok Pazin (Croatia)

MVP

Yuzuki Baba (Japan National Team)

Best Setter

Tsubaki Tanyama (Japan National Team)

Best Hitter

Rio Chuganji (Japan National Team)

Best Middle Hitter

Sofia Torcello (Eurovolleyschool Trieste)

Best Libero

Claudia Rigo (Eurovolleyschool Trieste)

• My favorite this tournament! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Do you know who that coach is? He looks familiar

{Edit] I think he's not the Coach, just some guy from the tournament. He's in the pics for everybody in IG world