Japan Women's NT 2023

• You forgot Takeshita who after giving birth to her first son became a coach I guess that would be the definition of a "housewife"

• You forgot Takeshita who after giving birth to her first son became a coach I guess that would be the definition of a "housewife"

Even so should they choose to be a housewife that's their choice. It's not your life you're not a goddamn athlete just an overentitled insecure fan. it's ridiculous to look down on their personal choices.

• so when inoue retires tomorrow or since ishii is retired does that automatically make them housewives

that person's logic is like one of those things terrorists teach. forcing these unhealthy stereotypes can only mean you're from that same background.

• Because marriage for women in Japan meant they'll be homemakers (mostly). Work is quite hostile towards women after they gave birth over there. It's common for other nationalities to still continue playing after marriage or even after having a child. But never in Japan.

Sisko can you please re-ban this user. She just remade her account and never got caught again. She had at least 3 banned accounts. Those accounts with Russian avatars and Russian players names under the favorite players.

They continue to push their political and gender agenda every opportunity they get.

• too much clickbait comments should not be allowed. there's hardly any player that person knows aside from inoue the rest she hates anyway. malaysian girl with the russian obsession and hates japanese people in general.

• I think it will largely depend on whether or not this team can survive Paris especially after their Tokyo disaster. On top of that, Koga has only achieved 1 global award - Best Receiver during the 2015 World Cup hosted by Japan. Btw Saori came a close 2nd in that category. After that nothing. It doesn't seem like she has any plans of playing in another major league overseas or for an Elite European club which is a dead stop considering she can definitely still do that at her age. It's also not common in Japan for married athletes to both stay active in their career which is why 99% of athlete couples usually wait for one of them to retire to get married and announce stuff.

someone posted an article before that koga intends to play until her 30s but now we have a new article stating this is her last olympics. koga also thought about retiring after tokyo so in that sense i agree that the team's results will make or break her decision.

• someone posted an article before that koga intends to play until her 30s but now we have a new article stating this is her last olympics. koga also thought about retiring after tokyo so in that sense i agree that the team's results will make or break her decision.

Reputation matters too. The longer one stays in the NT without producing results the more they'll be remembered for exactly that reason or worse they won't be recognized at all. I don't think it's necessary for Koga to continue if she doesn't want to. It will be a big loss for sure but they lost Saori early too so Japan will just have to move on. Koga was part of Tokyo and is locked for Paris so if things don't work out then she doesn't have to bare the pressure of going through another Olympic race but if she still wants to then nothing is stopping her from doing so.

• Even if Koga retires after Paris, Mayu isn't going anywhere any time soon. There will always be other surprises that pop up along the way. But for now we'll just have to see how things play out. Nothing is official until a player's club announces anything

• Sisko can you please re-ban this user. She just remade her account and never got caught again. She had at least 3 banned accounts. Those accounts with Russian avatars and Russian players names under the favorite players.

They continue to push their political and gender agenda every opportunity they get.

Arw you freaking kidding me? Is this Japanese group so snowflake that you can't take any kimd of comments that you don't like at all? Goodness me, god forbid we all have to say wonderful things about Japan bla bla bla.

• and they purposely used the term "homemaker" why not just say slave since that's what you clearly meant. asshole.

So you think being a homemaker is a slave? What kind of thinking is that?

working for a big corporation all your life chasing promotions is not a slave thing?

You just shitted all women in the past who endured so many things and raised wonderful kids by saying homemaker is slavery.

• Whoever brainwashed you to thinking Japanese women are still housewives and slaves also brainwashed you to form your own insecurities. Japan is not North Korea

Why not go check the equality index of Japan for women? No one is saying they're slaves. But the work culture sure isn't kind to them.

this group is just full of weaboos and Japanese cultists who only accept good comments for Japan.

• do you want to make a list of the players who did NOT come back to volleyball after getting married or having kids? I'm sure that list would be longer than a few exceptions you just counted. 🙄