Polish NT 2023

• Hello Polish NT fans:wavy:

We have half of league season and I wondering yours thoughts about nearest summer. Who can be called comparing to last season and how our chances looks like in each tournament which waiting for us this year:whistle:

• My Polish friend showed me the statistics of Czyrnianska but there is no best season :/

• My Polish friend showed me the statistics of Czyrnianska but there is no best season :/

She is not stable unfortunately. Her reception is bad and in attack in 2 lastest games looks like this: 57% with Wrocław and 9% with Opole. I hope that Lavarini will work with her for more stable performances.

• I would call:

S: Wołosz, Kowalewska, Wenerska, Grabka, (Nowicka)

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek, Gałkowska, Rasińska, (Szczurowska)

MB: Korneluk, Witkowska, Alagierska-Szczepaniak, Gryka, Centka, Pierzchała, (Pacak)

OH: Różański, Łukasik, Czyrniańska, Górecka, Piasecka, Damaske, Drużkowska, (Szlagowska, Fedusio)

L: Stenzel, Szczygłowska, Łysiak

Maybe Mędrzyk will be in a good shape too?

• Hard to say about Mędrzyk because she slowly enter on court. She played not whole game in CL in Bulgaria but propably only for receiving. Maybe someone who watched this game will say something more. Thinking about her in NT I think that Not this summer.

• I agree only add setter Pola Janicka.

• Fully agree with you, guys. This year is really important, we can't lose matches against teams like Germany, Belgium, Holland, Thailand, Dom. Rep. if we want to qualify to Olympic Games.

Dom.rep is so difficult to poland

They can never play their game against yhem and last times they met,they amways lose

• Dom.rep is so difficult to poland

They can never play their game against yhem and last times they met,they amways lose

so it`s the best time to change this^^ but I agree that for Poland in last times it`s hard to beat DR

• Well we can hate Martyna as much as we want but tbh if Lavarini want to use the same system as last year with Wołosz setting mostly to Stysiak + another offensive OH (like Różański/Czyrniańska/Łukasik) while the OH2 attacks 3-4 balls in set max there is no reason that Grajber should not get the chance to compete for that OH2 spot. Our only other OH who can be called solid reciever is Górecka and while she is far more better than Grajber in offense/service Martyna is still better reciever/digger than her and tbh that’ll be enough (if not even better) when Wołosz sets you the ball only if she has to (which happened in WCH last year). I guess that people will say that we need to give a chance to younger generation but if we want to try to get into olympics and Lavarini still wants to use this strategy Grajber can be very helpful.

• Well we can hate Martyna as much as we want but tbh if Lavarini want to use the same system as last year with Wołosz setting mostly to Stysiak + another offensive OH (like Różański/Czyrniańska/Łukasik) while the OH2 attacks 3-4 balls in set max there is no reason that Grajber should not get the chance to compete for that OH2 spot. Our only other OH who can be called solid reciever is Górecka and while she is far more better than Grajber in offense/service Martyna is still better reciever/digger than her and tbh that’ll be enough (if not even better) when Wołosz sets you the ball only if she has to (which happened in WCH last year). I guess that people will say that we need to give a chance to younger generation but if we want to try to get into olympics and Lavarini still wants to use this strategy Grajber can be very helpful.

I honestly agree with it. If Lavarini want to focus on Stysiak and another OH, he coud consider Grajber as the second OH. Her efficiency in receptions are really great in the italian league.

• Guys, what do you think of Martyna Grajber? Do you think she deserves a chance in the NT after this season in Italy? Do you think she's improved? Will Lavarini call her?

I follow her games in Italy and I can say that she should be checked for example in some friendy matches. For sure she has got the best reception from all our OHs. She could be helpfull. Everything depend on Lavarini`s system.

• Centka is way much faster which is very important. Gryka is not so good in the middle. But anyway without Alagierska there won’t be a gap on MB.

Faster in what? in block? Gryka is better blocker than her this season and I won't even mention slide attacks. Gryka is eating her up. The same as last season. I am not saying Centka doesn't have potential, but Ola is simply better and suits better to Kąkolewska who will be MB no. 1.

It will be probably: 1. Kąkolewska, 2. Witkowska, 3. Gryka and probably Centka, because Alagierska is injured. 5th spot I would give Pierzchała

• I’m not looking for a forum drama. I just shared my opinion based on the fact that she is very quick in the attack on the net, she has very fast hand which reflects on the power of her attacks. She still need to improve block and blocking habits. This is my opinion and don’t take away my right to have it. I pick her as my starting six player.
    All of the girls are ours and coach will do what he want at the end.

• In general we have great middle blockers but with most of them (maybe except Kakalewska and Alagierska) I have a feeling that they can play a great set and then during the most important moments - make mistakes and that concerns both Centka and Gryka and also Witkowska IMO.

I think Pierzchała has the biggest potential right now.

For the NT I would consider : Korneluk, Alagierska, Witkowska, Gryka, Pierzchała, Centka, Jurczyk, Pacak and maybe Majkowska cause she is doing preety good in block and is a great team player + her slide attacks are nice too.