Polish NT 2023

• It's a little bit off topic, but seems like Manoline Antiga (coach Antiga's daughter; born 2008) might be able to play for polish youth national team.

Last week she was taking part in regional camps, and starting next year she will probably play for SMS Szczyrk (something silimar to italian Club Italia)

• That`s nice :) I hope that she also will be as good as her father and in the future she will play for senior Polish NT on high lvl8)

• ACL|| that's what I was afraid of. It's going to take a long time

Unfortunately it's true. She is out of this Olympic cycle. We need to take a look for a good substitution. Maybe Orzoł will find her spot finally. Anyone knows does Lavarini contact with her? I read somewhere that she is focused on studies and doesn't think about NT now.

• 8 players showed up in Szczyrk yesterday evening. They are:

Kowalewska, Korneluk, Pacak, Smarzek, Gałkowska, Czyrniańska, Łukasik and Stenzel.

It seems that Grabka, Lemańczyk, Szczurowska, Drużkowska are not in consideration at this point but it might change due to Górecka's injury.

• Unfortunately it's true. She is out of this Olympic cycle. We need to take a look for a good substitution. Maybe Orzoł will find her spot finally. Anyone knows does Lavarini contact with her? I read somewhere that she is focused on studies and doesn't think about NT now.

that`s a pity that she doesn`t think about NT. I remember her at junior lvl and she was quite good, but if she doesn`t want...

• It's not like she doesn't want to be part of NT. Season in USA starts in August so she couldn't participate in Eurovolley or OQT.

Last year, she was part of junior NT.

Anyway, many more players will miss junior WCH (2003+) due to season in USA (Staniszewska, Kulig, Latos, Musiał, Stambrowska, Lenik, Wacławczyk, Kowalczyk and few more won't be available for junior NT this summer)

• Woww I didn`t know that we have so many players in USA.

About Orzoł, I liked her before, now I didn`t see how she playing in USA. If I`m not wrong, last year she was awarded as one of the best in the league or something:rolll:I hope that in future we will see her

• Woww I didn`t know that we have so many players in USA.

There is like 70 polish players in USA, of course most of them are not good :D

• that`s why I didn`t heard about them:aww:

• Will there be no substitute for gorecka? I remember lavarini saying there will be no more call up for this nt season when he announced the 30 list. But I think this situation is really unexpected and crucial for team...

He didnt say there will be no more call ups, he said that changes are possible ;)

• Will there be no substitute for gorecka? I remember lavarini saying there will be no more call up for this nt season when he announced the 30 list. But I think this situation is really unexpected and crucial for team...

1. But he called 9 OHs and 1 just dropped out, 8 left so no need to call, especially that none all of them will be called to the camp before VNL.

2. List was closed by FIVB on 2nd May, no options to change or you pay huge money (Huber's last years case).

3. Piasecka played much better than Górecka in the last match and she is called to the NT so we have sub.

• that`s why I didn`t heard about them:aww:

Staniszewska (2004, 178cm) is a promising all-around OH tho, she really carried the whole team during U19 ECH and won the third place. One of the best OH in this generation as for U tournament. It would be a pity that she couldn't participate in U21 WCH this year due to her uni's schedule.

Anyway, NCAA is a good place to build all-around OH, i hope she makes it to the NT in the end. She has much more power than Orzol.

• Staniszewska (2004, 178cm) is a promising all-around OH tho, she really carried the whole team during U19 ECH and won the third place. One of the best OH in this generation as for U tournament. It would be a pity that she couldn't participate in U21 WCH this year due to her uni's schedule.

Anyway, NCAA is a good place to build all-around OH, i hope she makes it to the NT in the end. She has much more power than Orzol.

She is very good player, with strong serve. I was surprised that she didn't go pro.

But i need to add, NCAA is probably worst place to build all-around OH, if you are not good in attack or reception they will find you sub for that.

• But i need to add, NCAA is probably worst place to build all-around OH, if you are not good in attack or reception they will find you sub for that.

Exactly! Due to subbing rules there, most players are excelled at only one element of the game. Of course there are very rare cases of all-around OHs like Larson, MBH and Robinson but most of American players are missing one element of the game (mostly reception)

• 1. But he called 9 OHs and 1 just dropped out, 8 left so no need to call, especially that none all of them will be called to the camp before VNL.

2. List was closed by FIVB on 2nd May, no options to change or you pay huge money (Huber's last years case).

3. Piasecka played much better than Górecka in the last match and she is called to the NT so we have sub.

We will see if Piaska will hold the reception today. She's capable and very talented, but she needs to play full time.