Polish NT 2023

• wow, I’m surprised but happy that Grajber made the list. Not that I think she will be in the final squad but after her good season she deserved to be on the wide roster

• wow, I’m surprised but happy that Grajber made the list. Not that I think she will be in the final squad but after her good season she deserved to be on the wide roster

Actually it will be good to have her or Szyczgłowska as back-row sub for Różański.

The subsitution with Fedusio is really bad. We almost lost 4th set against Germany because of Monika :D

• Honestly, for me there are only 3 questions regarding to ECH and OQT roster:

1. Who will be 4th OH?

2. Who will be 4th MB?

3. Is Smarzek able to beat Gałkowska?

The rest is locked.

Wenerska-Wołosz

Stysiak-?

Łukasik-Różański-Czyrna-?

Korneluk-Jurczyk-Pacak-?

Stenzel-Szczygłowska

• Korneluk-Jurczyk-Pacak-?

MB position is probably the most interesting one.

Tbh, I am not sure if Pacak will make the cut. In case Witkowska, Centka and Gryka are ready to play, it might be hard for her to be in the "14".

Anyway, Lavarini uses only 3 MBs. Maybe he would take Grajber to be back-row sub instead of 4th MB?

• I am not sure if Jurczyk and Pacak are locked. I would like to see Kakolewska, Witkowska, Gryka, Centka. Of course it depends on shape, but watching the league I think both have better things to offer and we need a slider.

• I am not sure if Jurczyk and Pacak are locked. I would like to see Kakolewska, Witkowska, Gryka, Centka. Of course it depends on shape, but watching the league I think both have better things to offer and we need a slider.

actually I don’t think we need a slider at all with such a powerful opposite as Stysiak, she is doing good from position 1

I would take Korneluk, Jurczyk, Witkowska and Pacak but that’s true that we have so many great players on this position that there is probably no wrong choice, if they’re healthy - Gryka and Centka can do well too

• I love that even you as a polish had to use abbreviation for Czyrniańska's name. Doesn't she have an easier middle name or a nickname?🤣

Jokes aside, I agree with your roster. I wouldn't think Pacak would be a factor if there were not so many injuries at middle position, but after this vnl I think she secured her spot

Jurczyk and Pacak earned their spot during the most important games of the season (at the moment) so how they can be cut? I cheer to Centka but how she can push away Jurczyk without playing and without competition? This is how the team was built by Lavarini after injuries and there is no reason to change something what works. The only player who is missing at the moment and who has her spot no matter what is Wołosz and we know that she won't be the 1st setter on ECH. All players are greatly connected with Wenerska and Asia has to build her connection as well. She needs time.

Also about slide attack - we do not have them this season so would be have enough time to change game system after VNL? And I will quote Witkowska once again that coaches like to quit slides as all attack zones are open. Again we change something that works. And we have 3 wing spikers who can kill the ball from all zones. I like slide just behind the head of setter, but does Lavarini likes? :P Also like Washington was/is playing - slide in front of the setter. There is a space for that but I don't believe that our team will play that.

Anyway Centka, Witkowska and Gryka (if helthy) will fight for the last MB spot who will be rather benched and appear in a bad moments. More crucial will be 4th OH and my big dream is Piasecka. But Fedusio got a harsh lesson during this VNL so maybe Lava will still bet on her that she learnt something and will be better. We'll see. Nice time comes.

I love that even you as a polish had to use abbreviation for Czyrniańska's name. Doesn't she have an easier middle name or a nickname?🤣

Jokes aside, I agree with your roster. I wouldn't think Pacak would be a factor if there were not so many injuries at middle position, but after this vnl I think she secured her spot

I have to confess that I have huge problems with her surname :gone: There are many difficult names in Polish but that one is one of the most inconvenient for me :wacko: And everyone call her Czyrna ;)

• Pacak can’t be locked - how many matches did she play? Of course she had great moments but she didn't challenge herself against strong opponents during the whole games.

If Witkowska is healthy, she will for sure be a starter with Korneluk. 3rd option will be Jurczyk and the 4th will be Gryka (if healthy) cause she was a part of NT last season and Lavarini knows what she is capable of. If Gryka is still injured, then probably a better one from Pacak-Centka duo will be chosen, depends on current form. If Lavarini sees potential in Centka and believes that she could make it to the Euro or OG, he should let her get acquainted with the atmosphere and matches at this level.

I am also not a fan of making Szczygłowska an OH. Of course we have some issues in receiving, but I would prefer to have 4 available MBs and 2L, cause Stenzel sometimes has a lot of problems and Szczygłowska would be helpful. Now we are stuck with Stenzel, without a possibility to change something during the games.

And about Grajber - she will play as L next season, so for me it has no sense to make her OH for NTs purpose, but looking at Fedusio, I am sure she can’t help this team in any field. So I am torn 😅 I would risk with Damaske but it won’t happen so anyway..

• Hm, so why Lava cut her before WCH?

Everybody would like to know the answer I think 😅 There were a lot of comments that it was a mistake and quite a shock, cause Obiała didn’t show anything special in opposition to Gryka, who had some great games during VNL. What is more she was totally invisible every time she entered the court. But we had Alagierska then so the situation was different, now we will have only 3 experienced players on this position.

Anyway, it is a terrific situation that we have so many players on such a high level (remember Hawryła, Sikorska or Jasek 🫣)

• You know guys, I just try to think like Lavarini and he doesn't have a reason to get rid of Jurczyk or Pacak. Also we don't wait for Regla Torres comeback as we don't have such MB so 3 main MBs are far ahead of the rest.

The only Regla we have is Wołosz.

• Martyna Grajber is in the ECH roster. :huh:

Seems like you didn't read above posts :D

We were discussing about it since Saturday :D

Looking at Fedusio's latest games, it seems possible that Grajber will replace her.

• Seems like you didn't read above posts :D

We were discussing about it since Saturday :D

Looking at Fedusio's latest games, it seems possible that Grajber will replace her.

totally agree! after VNL I would put Grajber instead of Fedusio, which spoil most of balls on sevre in very important moments and than she stays for reception where she is not better than replaced Różański:whistle: so for that moment I see chance for Grajber until Górecka back.