Brazil Women's NT 2023

• What are we thinking about Macris going to THY? At first, I wasn't a huge fan. Not because of Macris, but because that would mean Diana would probably be spending a lot of time in the bench.

But I think Zé wants Macris and Diana playing together so they can work on their connection, even if Diana doesn't get as much playing time as she would in Brazil. The Gattaz slide was a major part of our offense in Tokyo, so I think Zé might be trying to replicate that with Diana. As of now though, Diana definitely blocks better than she attacks, just like Carol.

• I think the Macris-Julia connection is gonna be even more important; they're gonna have to work on that quick ball as much as possible so that Gabi doesn't have to be overloaded on the pins. I honestly don't see Diana being the solution to our slide problem... Kudiess and Julliana are imo, at least in the long term. With Gattaz being game for Paris (we shall see), the slide attack shouldn't be a big problem then. But if Zé manages to make a good slider out of Diana, that'd be even better.

The thing I'm the most curious to see is how Zé is gonna handle the OHs and OPPs this year. With Ana playing more in Fener, she should naturally be back in contention. Tainara is having a below average season, just like Kisy, so the OPP position could potentially be messy again...

• I think the Macris-Julia connection is gonna be even more important; they're gonna have to work on that quick ball as much as possible so that Gabi doesn't have to be overloaded on the pins. I honestly don't see Diana being the solution to our slide problem... Kudiess and Julliana are imo, at least in the long term. With Gattaz being game for Paris (we shall see), the slide attack shouldn't be a big problem then. But if Zé manages to make a good slider out of Diana, that'd be even better.

The thing I'm the most curious to see is how Zé is gonna handle the OHs and OPPs this year. With Ana playing more in Fener, she should naturally be back in contention. Tainara is having a below average season, just like Kisy, so the OPP position could potentially be messy again...

Oh yeah, the Macris-Bergmann connection is definitely very important too. My point was more like, if she's not going to be a starter, why take Diana at all? Just let her stay in Brazil. But maybe training with Macris for a year could make it worth it.

If Zé's taking Diana abroad the season before the Olympics, he's for sure favoring her for the "net of 2" (is that called the M1 or M2 in English? I forgot lol), since Carol is already locked for the "net of 3". Which is why it's so important for her to work on her slide.

Juju's slide is still the best of her generation, though. I can't wait to see how she'll develop.

• Oh yeah, the Macris-Bergmann connection is definitely very important too. My point was more like, if she's not going to be a starter, why take Diana at all? Just let her stay in Brazil. But maybe training with Macris for a year could make it worth it.

If Zé's taking Diana abroad the season before the Olympics, he's for sure favoring her for the "net of 2" (is that called the M1 or M2 in English? I forgot lol), since Carol is already locked for the "net of 3". Which is why it's so important for her to work on her slide.

Juju's slide is still the best of her generation, though. I can't wait to see how she'll develop.

This is what i thought... I don't think she's gonna get a lot of playing time tbh unless in some games Zé decides to play with a Turkish OPP (Alexa?) and OH (Seyma?) alongside Macris and Julia.

But yeah, I agree that this clearly shows he has high hopes for Diana and intends to take her to Paris which is exciting. I've been rooting for her ever since she came up with São Caetano when she was just 19 lol it's the same for Juju now, Bernardo better give her a chance next season if Juciely does finally retire. She has the potential to be so so good. I don't see Brazil winning the next U21 WCH (Serbia and Italy being the favorites I think), but I hope she can make another good impression then -- and possibly in the Pan Am Games?

• Fabiana played in FB ( Zé was the coach) in 2011 before Olympics games If im not mistaken. She basically played only in CL competition.

• Fabiana played in FB ( Zé was the coach) in 2011 before Olympics games If im not mistaken. She basically played only in CL competition.

she was already an OG gold medalist as a starter then + THY might not make next CL, so the comparison doesn't really apply I think... Diana barely has international experience

• if only we had someone to kill balls like this lmao Macris' set was so good!

Def. Ana Cristina or Lorrayna if they develop more

• Maybe Ana Cristina can play as opposite? I remember Brazilian peeps have mentioned that the opposite position for Brazil is currently problematic. Ana C did well in the occasions she played as one.

• I Hope Zé give a resto tô Gabi and Ana C. play with Julia B on OH position in VNL .. Gabi should play next tô Ana Cristina later.

But the question imo is If Zé Will call Ana C and If Ana C Will accept NT invitation... Hope for both yes...

Ana Cristina didnt want to play às Opp.

• I would try Kisy or Lorrayna to play in sistem. Rosamaria seems a good option with Ana C.and Gabi. She Can even help in reception If needed.

• I would also try Ana as an opposite, because I don't trust the ones we have. Even though she seems more comfortable attacking from pos. 4, I reckon it's still worth a shot.

But I'm also excited to see Ana and Julia battle for that starting spot. That sort of competition is great for the team.

• I for one hope AC remains OH, but we all know Zé likes his wing spikers to play in both positions as of late... I still like Kisy for the OPP position to be honest.

• I for one hope AC remains OH, but we all know Zé likes his wing spikers to play in both positions as of late... I still like Kisy for the OPP position to be honest.

they could use Bergmann as a receiving opposite. Fluctuate the pins that her and AC attack on. Then you’re not reliant on AC’s passing

• He already said countless times he will call her for the upcoming NT season.

AC would be dumb not to accept it especially given that she was the one at fault. Not because she decided not to play buy the way she communicated it.

Anyways, she still has lots to prove and NT can be a great opp to further develop her game

• they could use Bergmann as a receiving opposite. Fluctuate the pins that her and AC attack on. Then you’re not reliant on AC’s passing

I'm with avid on that, some people have suggested that already and I see this working. The fact this three has a good approach attacking in OPP position helps too.

But I hope Zé gives some rest to Gabi at the early stages of VNL, so J.B and A.C play as much as possible. I'm looking for Gabi Cândido too, I really like her and want to see what she can do in NT, better than waste time with Daroit one more year. Unfortunately Karina seems to be injured.

So put Lorenne, Tainara, Rosa, Lorrayna and Kisy to fight between them for two or three spots. (Not mentioning that Edinara ia having a way better season that any of that).

I'm not gonna get into MB's subject bcs we will have to talk about the Véia da Lancha and I don't wanna get stressed. :read:

• I'd love to see Gabi Cândido too ;( She could be so good. Regardless of how she did with the NT last year, there's no way we have to keep relying on Daroit. Gabi, Julia, Ana and Cândido could be a great pool of OHs for the next idk 6 years.

As for the OPPs, Tainara just plain sucks. Her spiking % is trash. Kisy can be super off but she's having a much better season. I have my opinions on Rosa and Edinara and I'll just keep quiet on those lol

MBs for me are a no-brainer. Carol, Lorena, Diana and Kudiess. Jussara, Juju, Lara and whoever else for the Pan Games. Done.