Brazil Women's NT 2023

Horrible matches? I would not say that. She made two good and two bad matches. Anyway she prove herself the last season and it would be idiot if you let her go. She can change the balace and play good in important matches.

About Lorenee.... I do not know what to say if Rosamaria is horrible what word fits to Lorenne...

Yes, she had a terrible match against Turkey and the rest was just not enough for an OPP, she did ok against Italy, was bad against Canada and against Thailand she was suffering to score. The only game she played good was against Germany.

The thing is, she had space to succeed or fail, Lorenne didn't, it was the same for Naiane, Lorena, Laís, even if the starters were playing (really) bad.

As an OPP, I don't think Rosa is our best shoot, I could take her instead of Tainara or Pri Daroit, but we need more options for opposite, and I think Lorrayna still too green.

You can see Lorenne as an horrible player, who shouldn't be in NT anymore, but I don't think one set, her first one in competition, can define her job.

• I don't think they will add more players for the next round since they are headed straight to the US, but hopefully they add Naiane, Tainara and Lais.

• Tainara is joining the 15 girls who were in Thailand in the USA.

I have a feeling the original plan was to take all the girls who were going to the finals to Thailand (which is why Kisy was there even though she didn't play) and pick one of Rosamaria and Lorrayna for the final spot, but since neither of them performed up to the expectations, Tainara was called.

For the cuts, I'm thinking Lorrayna and Lorena.

I think it's pretty obvious that Zé favors Rosamaria over Lorrayna. If Zé doesn't consider you one of his core players, you HAVE to make good use of the (likely few) opportunities you get, and Lorrayna unfortunately did not.

About Lorena, I think an extra opposite is more useful for us right now than a 4th MB, even though I do feel bad for her because she was with the team for the entirety of the competition and getting cut right now would mean she wouldn't get a medal if we make the podium.

• I hope all the girls have a good support system and that they stay away from social media as much as possible. Criticism is obviously fine and even warranted given the last few matches, but some of the things you see online are so unbelievably vile.

It seems very clear to me that they're struggling with their confidence at the moment, so we as fans should be working together to lift them up. But instead people just want to break their spirits. Their support is so fickle, it's really sad to see.

I agree

• Finals roster:

Macris, Roberta

Kisy, Tainara, Rosamaria

Gabi, Basso, Julia B, Pri Daroit

Carol, Thaisa, Diana

Nyeme, Natinha

Lorena and Lorrayna were cut.

• Hoping this would be the roster for Paris:

S: Roberta, Macris

OH: Gabi, AC, Julia

OP: Kisy, Tainara, Rosamaria

MB: Thaisa, Diana, Carol

L: Natinha or Lais

• If only Lorrayna instead of Pri Daroit. Lorena instead of Maiara. oh well. better luck next year, AC is already healed by then

• Why is everyone keeping Rosemaria who has not anything special?

Because she help the team the last season to go to the semifinal and in the final of the World Championship. Without her Brazil would be cut before the semi-finals. So she prove that she can be determinant in crusial match and she with this way she won the trust of the coach

• Tbh, I kind of feel... nothing? About being eliminated. It's strange, usually I'm quite upset over big losses (WCH still hurts), but this year it's like do we deserve to go through? Is it even beneficial for us in the long run to make it far even though we haven't had a single actually good game this entire VNL? I don't think it is.

I hope it's all just growing pains, kind of like the USA underperforming last year and coming back stronger, and it's good that it happened in a year without any major competitions.

Also I will refrain from singling out any player in particular, because when literally every player on the team is playing beneath their capabilities (yes, even Thaisa; she carried in attack but made 0 blocks in the last 3 matches), it's clear that it's a group/training issue, not a x y or z player issue. Good to see Tainara playing well again though, I hope Paulo Coco and the Praia staff do better with her during the club season.

• Tbh, I kind of feel... nothing? About being eliminated. It's strange, usually I'm quite upset over big losses (WCH still hurts), but this year it's like do we deserve to go through? Is it even beneficial for us in the long run to make it far even though we haven't had a single actually good game this entire VNL? I don't think it is.

I hope it's all just growing pains, kind of like the USA underperforming last year and coming back stronger, and it's good that it happened in a year without any major competitions.

Also I will refrain from singling out any player in particular, because when literally every player on the team is playing beneath their capabilities (yes, even Thaisa; she carried in attack but made 0 blocks in the last 3 matches), it's clear that it's a group/training issue, not a x y or z player issue. Good to see Tainara playing well again though, I hope Paulo Coco and the Praia staff do better with her during the club season.

The injuries have affected the team too badly this time. Gabi is far from her best after just returning from the break, AC was unfortunately injured when she was having her best moments of her career. We all know with these two being healthy Brazil is a completely different team. Also young players like Julia & Diana will become more mature after playing with Ze in Turkey next season.

VNL is not that important for a team like Brazil anyway, it may actually be good for the players that they finally can get a few more days to rest after this unexpected early elimination.

Tainara and Kisy need to play outside of Brazil already, like either in Italy or Turkiye

• I had the same feeling, when the game was 2x0 I wasn't any surprised and it was expected for me, especially after 3rd week, the team has clearly not find the best shape yet and they need training, practice, there a mix of tired players, others with injuries, some without their best rhythm, all of this added to the lack of training results in this unbalanced team.

Happy to see Tainara playing like yesterday , brave perfoemance for her, any player who give us a solid performance in this position will increase their chances for Paris, right now they are all too close from the level of each others.

• Tainara and Kisy need to play outside of Brazil already, like either in Italy or Turkiye

Disagree. I think it's best for them to establish themselves in Brazil before going abroad. This was Kisy's first season as a starter, and Tainara hasn't had a solid full season as an opposite yet.

Lorrayna is an example of a player who I think would've benefited from staying in Brazil a little longer.

I also don't agree with the notion that the only way a player can get good is by playing in Italy or Turkey, and if they play anywhere else they are wasting their talent or whatever. Sending players abroad might be a necessity for teams with a less robust local league like the Netherlands or the Dominican Republic, but when you look at the Polish team, almost all of them play in the local league. Same thing with China.

All of our best players historically became great by playing in our league.

• This is so heretical :) I love it

Playing abroad, especially in Turkey or Italy, is an individual case by case situation, not something that's in the bible

• This is so heretical :) I love it

Playing abroad, especially in Turkey or Italy, is an individual case by case situation, not something that's in the bible

It is not a must but playing against other best international players would definitely help them getting out of their comfort zone and improve. Both Italy and turkey provides best medium for that. On the other hand neither Tainara not Kisy has the level to play in turkey maybe except teams trying not to relegate

• I think the same. In Superliga the players can learn to take responsibility (without the pressure of been a foreigner player), improving their shape and technique and been well treated by Brazilian Clubs. Once the player has been doing good here playing overseas can help in the next step.

• It is not a must but playing against other best international players would definitely help them getting out of their comfort zone and improve. Both Italy and turkey provides best medium for that. On the other hand neither Tainara not Kisy has the level to play in turkey maybe except teams trying not to relegate

Cuttino (next Opp from Galatasaray) was benched in Brazil by Kisy.

• It is not a must but playing against other best international players would definitely help them getting out of their comfort zone and improve. Both Italy and turkey provides best medium for that. On the other hand neither Tainara not Kisy has the level to play in turkey maybe except teams trying not to relegate

Not to Hi-jack the thread too far, you son of a preacher man :) but I made a challenge in the Japan threads long ago to name ANY single Japanese player who demonstrably improved after going abroad. Still waiting. I imagine Brazilians aren't nearly as ... whatever ... that the Japanese players are but ,,,