Brazil Women's NT 2023

• https://oglobo.globo.com/espor…para-me-redescobrir.ghtml

Great interview with Ana Cristina.

She said that she chose to have a more complex surgery that would completely repair her meniscus instead of a simpler surgery that would be just moving the part of the meniscus that got out of place. The recovery time can be up to 6 months (as opposed to the few weeks for the simpler surgery), but she felt like it was the best decision for her long-term health.

She also said that Terzic gave her a massive "almost as heavy as a real piano" keyboard for Fenerbahce's secret santa lol.

This is a great quote (she's talking about the WCH): "Ever since I was little, I've been in high demand. Many would say that I was going to be this or that, that I was such a prospect, that I was going to make it. Expectations were everywhere. Including my own. Since the age of 14, when I started playing for the youth teams, I have been with the NT. I was on every call. That's a lot of pressure for a young girl to deal with. Everything in my life was rushed, I was always the youngest on the team. I was never the oldest anywhere. And, these past few years, the pressure has gotten even greater. Those moments were very hard for me. I thought it was the best option [missing out on the WCH] because I was in no condition to help the team. I didn't want to be a burden instead of a help. At that moment, I had to look inside myself and acknowledge what I needed to do for myself."

• Not to Hi-jack the thread too far, you son of a preacher man :) but I made a challenge in the Japan threads long ago to name ANY single Japanese player who demonstrably improved after going abroad. Still waiting. I imagine Brazilians aren't nearly as ... whatever ... that the Japanese players are but ,,,

Japanese players work very well in a particular system (solid block defense, very fast setting etc) this is not how most European teams play. That's why their physical shortcomings become more evident when they play in a European team. Brazil has taller and physically more athletic players than Japan. And they don't heavily rely on fast game. That's why they could succeed in European clubs too

• If possible, repairing/stitching meniscus is better for long term health because removing it will cause osteoarthritis in the long run. However recovery is longer as you mentioned (rarely 6 months though, mostly 6-8 weeks)

• If possible, repairing/stitching meniscus is better for long term health because removing it will cause osteoarthritis in the long run. However recovery is longer as you mentioned (rarely 6 months though, mostly 6-8 weeks)

According to the interview it's 3 months for her to start jumping and up to 6 months for full recovery. It's possible that she'll be ready to return sooner than that, but I really hope she's not rushed back.

• I thought that was Bergmann at first :lol:

Haak would solve Brazil's opp problem, though.

• Luizomar is convincing Camila Brait to return to NT for Paris 2024. So I guess the libero position is open?

Camila, Lais, Natinha and Nyeme

• Luizomar is convincing Camila Brait to return to NT for Paris 2024. So I guess the libero position is open?

Camila, Lais, Natinha and Nyeme

Is she any better than natinha or Nyeme currently? I haven't watched her last season

• Natinha was ok imo. She was solid in reception at least.

• I would pick Brait over Natinha and Nyeme even if she was retired after 5 years LoL

Jokes aside, if Brait is willing to come back, which I don't think it's true, she would be great for the team, if Gattaz being +40 and Thaisa around 35 has their spaces in NT why Brait can't at 34? Specially at libero position that at my pov is a position that the age is something that counts in favor.

• I mean, I would also welcome Brait with open arms, but as of now she's not available.

But you know who is? Laís. Maybe Zé could start her in the South American Champs to see how she handles the pressure.

He probably won't though.

• who will be cut in MBs rotation after Gattaz recovered? Diana?

• who will be cut in MBs rotation after Gattaz recovered? Diana?

no way they are cutting Diana when Ze brought her to THY before the Olympics. I bet Gattaz won't go to Paris

• no way they are cutting Diana when Ze brought her to THY before the Olympics. I bet Gattaz won't go to Paris

Gattaz was so important in paris and wch

they should bring her

• Gattaz was so important in paris and wch

they should bring her

they can;t have Thaisa and Gattaz both in Paris when both will not play fulltime matches in Paris.

• I mean, I would also welcome Brait with open arms, but as of now she's not available.

But you know who is? Laís. Maybe Zé could start her in the South American Champs to see how she handles the pressure.

He probably won't though.

He won't. Laís, Lorenne and Naiane are already training with their clubs, which comes down to say that he might go with most of the starters to the South American Championship. I'm done of complaining about this, but it's so clear how much different the cases are treated.

I don't think Gattaz will be able to comeback, if she goes, then I see him taking 4 MB, but I don't see him going with 3 MB with this age: 33-37-42, specially with Gattaz coming back after ACL

• He won't. Laís, Lorenne and Naiane are already training with their clubs, which comes down to say that he might go with most of the starters to the South American Championship. I'm done of complaining about this, but it's so clear how much different the cases are treated.

I don't think Gattaz will be able to comeback, if she goes, then I see him taking 4 MB, but I don't see him going with 3 MB with this age: 33-37-42, specially with Gattaz coming back after ACL

I think that everyone is technically on vacation rn and there will be new calls for the SACh in a week or so.

But yeah, them being already at their clubs is a sign that they are probably not going.

I wonder if we can expect some new faces or if it's just going to be the same VNL group minus a few cuts. If it was up to me, I would rest Gabi, Carol, Thaisa and Macris (plus whoever else is not 100% healthy).