Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Arina might just be distracted with her personal life ya know. Plus the fact that she knows noone is challenging her position in Fener (AC might not be fully recovered). Or maybe she needs more time to get back into shape. She has not played competitively for months 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Do you guys really think when a person gets involved with someone that means that they are distracted? As far as I know, athletes do not take a vow of celibacy, do they? I also wonder who gives those basic bitches the right to shade a 19 years old for having a boyfriend.

It seems to me most of you don't know what love is and that is just sad.

• Do you guys really think when a person gets involved with someone that means that they are distracted? As far as I know, athletes do not take a vow of celibacy, do they? I also wonder who gives those basic bitches the right to shade a 19 years old for having a boyfriend.

It seems to me most of you don't know what love is and that is just sad.

what does celibacy have anything to do with it anyway?

athletes are humans too. of course they will be affected with personal things. they could get distracted. and being 19 years old, it's not fair to take that against Arina. heck, even older athletes talk about mental health issues too.

those fans should chill and stop attacking athletes in their personal pages.

but one criticism against Arina that holds weight is her passing. sure, she doesn't need to be Gabi in passing but I was hoping to see some level of improvement.

• Quit gaslighting. What the hell is wrong with you.

Don't assume that just because someone underperforms or isn't in top condition that it's because they're "distracted". You don't know her why are you jumping to conclusions about her personal life.

Whackjobs

• Quit gaslighting. What the hell is wrong with you.

Don't assume that just because someone underperforms or isn't in top condition that it's because they're "distracted". You don't know her why are you jumping to conclusions about her personal life.

Whackjobs

comprehension is important you see.

go back and read... I said and so what IF Arina is distracted? I'm not saying she is because i can't confirm that. I'm saying people should not take that against her because even older and more experienced players get distracted. there is nothing wrong with being human.

what she needs is support and constructive criticism not personal attacks.

• Are you telling me you consider having a significant other is mental health issue? Because most of the people here and all over social media is keep saying she is distracted because she has a boyfriend.

• Arina with 26% against Besiktas:what::what::what::what::what: Also with 7 errors. This girl really has lowered her level. Someone needs to stop her right now. She is not focus in volleyball for sure.

Stats somestimes don’t tell the whole story. Did you even watch the match before jumping to the conclusion of “she is not focus in volleyball for sure?”
    Arina had to deal with a number of tight sets that she could just tip the ball over, and she even had to use her left hand to throw the ball over for at least twice due to the very tight sets. Besides, Besiktas was weak in attack as their only reliable attacker is the 35 yo Brakocevic, but they played a good defense game as they have a couple of experienced veterans on court. Gizem Guresen had some brilliant digs against Arina’s sharp spikes, Brakocevic still has the height to block Arina or make good block touches especially when the sets were tight or a bit low. All these lowered Arina’s spike success rates, but these weren’t really her faults. Overall she didn’t play bad in this match, except in the middle of the second sets she did had hard times to score, but she adjusted after some errors and was able to score again afterwards.

Arina is still far from her best form, without a doubt. But she is only 19, played only 3(?) matches after the whole summer without any real competition, and playing with a new setter that she never played with, isn’t it completely understandable that she needs time to find her form back? People on social media attack her mainly because she failed big times in the first match against Vakifbank costing “their” trophy, and it’s the easiest way to come up with something like her being distracted by boyfriend to attack her, as no one can really prove or confirm that. But here on volleyball forum I expect, or at least hope for more rational opinions.

• I think that reception in general is very hard to learn, I always mention how KYK said she was training hours and hours post regular trainings on her own time to be able to master it. Many athletes only get good when they are reaching maturity, some even past 30. It is just one of those things that I think the 10 year practice law works for and on high level at that. She is an offensive OH with mediocre receiving skills I think it'll stay that way for the coming 5 years at least, tho with her offense normally, she doesn't need to be the one passing dimes so it's ok.

• Are you telling me you consider having a significant other is mental health issue? Because most of the people here and all over social media is keep saying she is distracted because she has a boyfriend.

No. Who's saying that? All I'm saying is IF she is indeed distracted (just like any other people on earth) for whatever reason, she should not be attacked personally.

you're reading too much into this.

I think that reception in general is very hard to learn, I always mention how KYK said she was training hours and hours post regular trainings on her own time to be able to master it. Many athletes only get good when they are reaching maturity, some even past 30.

no doubt it's a hard skill to learn. I think only a handful of players in the top level managed to be very good at both receivig and attacking.

I just hope she can manage to tick it up a little.

Well maybe they shouldn’t say that in the press, but personal life affects many players’ game.. That can be having a baby, parent/partner/close friend who suffers from a disease etc.. Getting into relationship/falling in love can certainly make someone less focused on other aspects of their life, one of them being their career. So I don’t think they mean having a boyfriend makes her play bad, rather than the problems, or good stuff that’s happening right now is the reason she is underperforming/less focused.. especially her being a teenager.

• Well maybe they shouldn’t say that in the press, but personal life affects many players’ game.. That can be having a baby, parent/partner/close friend who suffers from a disease etc.. Getting into relationship/falling in love can certainly make someone less focused on other aspects of their life, one of them being their career. So I don’t think they mean having a boyfriend makes her play bad, rather than the problems, or good stuff that’s happening right now is the reason she is underperforming/less focused.. especially her being a teenager.

Yea I agree tbh, I was less focused a good year into my relationship as well 😂 lol so I think claiming ppl that say this having never experienced love is a random stretch.

It's ok, Arina is a volleyball star in the making but she is also just a person, she is allowed to go through phases in her life that anyone else would go through as well and yes everything affects everything, thats fine. It might even help her maturity long term who knows.

Though what people on social media are doing is certainly wrong too. And I agreed with Umu about that and all the unnecessary judgement and assumptions.

• Since when Busa has a boyfriend?😂

• Majority of those who say she is distracted means his boyfriend unless they specify what they mean. Let's not pretend like we don't know how misogynist people are.

Well assuming is wrong, but she might be distracted because of her bf.. I really don’t see the problem, it’s all part of the human experience.. The unfortunate part is she’s a public figure, kinda like pop stars.. and fans can be pretty harsh when

• Since when Busa has a boyfriend?😂

You know, once upon a time you were a valuable member of the forum, contributing a lot of good things to discussions. But nowadays the only reasons you still come here seem to be to disagree with everything and everyone (except some fellow Turkish users) and constantly doing subtle provocations. It really makes me sad but also angry because unfortunately I see you as one of the most poisonous members of the forum now after being one of the most valuable ones in the past.

• You know, once upon a time you were a valuable member of the forum, contributing a lot of good things to discussions. But nowadays the only reasons you still come here seem to be to disagree with everything and everyone (except some fellow Turkish users) and constantly doing subtle provocations. It really makes me sad but also angry because unfortunately I see you as one of the most poisonous members of the forum now after being one of the most valuable ones in the past.

I regret that I defended you when everyone was complaining about your incompetence as an admin and blaming you for the current state of the forum. Maybe they were right. Your lack of actions when Madden54 and volleySrb threw terrible insults here triggered me. When I see that such disrespectful behavior as well as trolling of Crovolley for many years here have been welcomed by you, I'm just now doing the same. And how hypocritical of you calling me out poisonous now while you never spoke up or took action when others do the same or even worse. That's why, I don't give a fuck what you think about me.