Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• it's probably a learning issue on Arina's part at this point. no coaches have exercises to improve her reception?

It is not something you learn overnight. Reception is THE hardest skill to learn among volleyball fundamentals. It took many years for players like Mari, Hande, Kosheleva to learn how to receive. Hopefully Arina will get there in a few years.

• I forgot Ezgi Dagdelenler was in Cukurova, the nerve of Ataman to let us watch Dimitrova suffer when he has a sub like that

Ezgi is indeed a decent local OH. She deserves to be starter, there are not many outsides who can receive and spike at a decent level like her

• I would say that she is the best among the local OH who are not in NT.

Exactly! Her reception is solid and her attack is better than other mid level outsides like Ezgi Aslan, Fulden Ural, Fatma Yildirim, Merve Nezir, Merve Tanyel, Humay Firincioglu, Tuğçe Akman etc. Only one better than her would be Yaprak Erkek who didn't get much playing time this season unfortunately.

I think Vakıfbank should have get Ezgi Bektaş instead of Idil Naz Bascan. İdil has been very disappointing so far

• does anyone know Markova's spiking reach? She is not just tall, I think she jumps a lot too:white:

• Seeing these two last performances from Markova after the news that she is going to Vakif is making me wondering if she is really a good choice for such level. She is making a lot of errors now.

I think that is normal with all the things going around her. It is quite expected to get distracted with all the noise. In addition, her fitness level may not be up to par yet. Let see how she is going to handle it. But I have a feeling that going to VB it's a done deal.

• I think that is normal with all the things going around her. It is quite expected to get distracted with all the noise. In addition, her fitness level may not be up to par yet. Let see how she is going to handle it. But I have a feeling that going to VB it's a done deal.

Also I think other teams are figuring her out better nowadays. It is normal that an unknown player starts great but her performance drops gradually throughout the season while other teams analyses her angles, attacking style and weaknesses. She had a great start but we should wait to see how she will keep this level till the end of season before hyping her a lot

• I am curious if Boskovich is going to play tomorrow. They are taxing her quite a lot early in the season, I hope she won’t get injured.

I don't know why they don't use Defne more. She is very young but talented and they can win a lot of games with her + 3 other foreigners

• Seeing these two last performances from Markova after the news that she is going to Vakif is making me wondering if she is really a good choice for such level. She is making a lot of errors now.

28 points with +16 wl is quite good, yes she made some errors on attack but that's normal she is not a superhuman.

• Also I think other teams are figuring her out better nowadays. It is normal that an unknown player starts great but her performance drops gradually throughout the season while other teams analyses her angles, attacking style and weaknesses. She had a great start but we should wait to see how she will keep this level till the end of season before hyping her a lot

That is true, but it’s not like she had a bad day at the office, she still scored 27 points or so.

• Also I think other teams are figuring her out better nowadays. It is normal that an unknown player starts great but her performance drops gradually throughout the season while other teams analyses her angles, attacking style and weaknesses. She had a great start but we should wait to see how she will keep this level till the end of season before hyping her a lot

I just watched a few sets and I understand why she has got so much hype after playing only a few matches in Turkey. The first impression she gave me is that she has even higher ceiling than Arina. She can hit from all positions and score without looking any awkward. She is very tall but still is a very good jumper and with good agility, shown by some of her defense. More importantly, this Russian girl can pass!

Of course with all being said, the techniques are still very raw and she made mistakes (I blame her setter for some of the errors though). But she’s just playing the first few matches of her whole professional career, with this performance is truly impressive. If she could meet a right coach at this early stage of career, she will definitely become the one who the others don’t want to face across the net.

• I just watched a few sets and I understand why she has got so much hype after playing only a few matches in Turkey. The first impression she gave me is that she has even higher ceiling than Arina. She can hit from all positions and score without looking any awkward. She is very tall but still is a very good jumper and with good agility, shown by some of her defense. More importantly, this Russian girl can pass!

Of course with all being said, the techniques are still very raw and she made mistakes (I blame her setter for some of the errors though). But she’s just playing the first few matches of her whole professional career, with this performance is truly impressive. If she could meet a right coach at this early stage of career, she will definitely become the one who the others don’t want to face across the net.

They also said she has a lethal serve. But i'm yet to see it.

any athlete can be great with the right team, coach and setter.

Ecsazibaci 2017 always reminds me that no matter bow big stars are in a team if they can't work as a team, it won't work.

• Being a keyboard fighter is not being brave, on the contrary it is quite a coward act. I doubt that you could be so vocal about your racist and mysogenistic opinions in real life without being anonymous

Serdar is real man... c'mon.

• Serdar is real man... c'mon.

Bartek you are so creepy, I can't 🤦

• 8th Round

Vakıfbank 3-0 PTT

JT 11, Ogbogu 10 / Caric 7

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…=272&PID=175&type=LegList

Karayolları 2-3 Çukurova Bld.

Ezgi 18, Strunjak 14, Ceren 13, Elisa 12 / Fabris 23, Leyva 23, Ezgi 14

Nilüfer Bld. 1-3 Fenerbahçe Opet

Gicquel 21, Kunzler 13, Beliz 12 / Stysiak 19, Meliha 11, Arina 11, Eda 10

Beşiktaş Ayos 2-3 Kuzeyboru

Plak 17, Brakocevic 16, Maglio 11 / Gaila 21, Wilhite 20, Büşra 18

Sarıyer Bld. 0-3 THY

Lee 14, Drewniok 11 / KVR 21, Bergmann 15, Anthi 14

Muratpaşa Bld. SS 2-3 Aydın BBSK

Markova 28, Samedy 15, Guerra 15, White 14 / Loda 20, Nicoletti 19

Galatasaray Daikin 0-3 Eczacıbaşı Dynavit

İlkin 10 / Boskovic 17, Hande 16

• Nice domination by ecza against a decent team. More simple wins like that please