2023 FIVB Challenger Cup

• Could Vietnam with 4T surprise France?

hard to tell because we don't know how well Cazuate recovered and if Gicquel is playing better than in the last couple of months, as for the rest of the French team they are really young and don't really have much international experience so I could see them struggle against a well defending team live Vietnam

• hard to tell because we don't know how well Cazuate recovered and if Gicquel is playing better than in the last couple of months, as for the rest of the French team they are really young and don't really have much international experience so I could see them struggle against a well defending team live Vietnam

but than again Vietnam has even less international experience

• People really overrate France lol. They flopped in Golden League this year, yes they didn’t have Cazaute & Bauer but I don’t think they will make such a big difference really. Cazaute was not playing well at the end of the club and is coming after small injury and France doesn’t have a lot of experience playing against not European teams. Even if they win against Vietnam I don’t see them beating Croatia or Ukraine (who beat them twice in GL).

I feel like one of the Croatia/Ukraine will win but I’m rooting for Vietnam & Kenya :rose:

• People really overrate France lol. They flopped in Golden League this year, yes they didn’t have Cazaute & Bauer but I don’t think they will make such a big difference really. Cazaute was not playing well at the end of the club and is coming after small injury and France doesn’t have a lot of experience playing against not European teams. Even if they win against Vietnam I don’t see them beating Croatia or Ukraine (who beat them twice in GL).

I feel like one of the Croatia/Ukraine will win but I’m rooting for Vietnam & Kenya :rose:

I believe something similar to this, although France has homecourt advantage and perhaps Vietnam will struggle with jetlag and the different timezone. Still, Vietnam is far from a pushover in this matchup out of my own perspective given how they have performed the last years (played some close games vs Thailand etc).

• Except for 4T, does Vietnam possess any high quality players on this type of level? I am not really familiar with their individual players outside of her.

4T is by far their best attacking player. Apart from 4T, OP no.11 Trinh and OH no.16 Quynh have been impressive. They have good defence and are quick around the court and they play well as a team.

• I think one reason why many of us are so eagerly looking forward to the competition is that most of the teams here do not feature regularly in big tournaments like VNL, WCHs and Olympics. I’m a fan from Asia and I must admit I don’t know much about the French, Ukrainian and Swedish teams (except for Haak of course) I saw Croatia at VNL and have seen Kenya and Columbia occasionally. As for Mexico, I’m familiar with Bricio who played for Shanghai team in the Chinese League. However, I heard she won’t be playing here. I know they are not the strongest teams, but they are also not weak. That’s why I think the matches are going to be exciting and entertaining. I can’t wait for them to start.....:cheesy: