Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• Schwerin was very lucky to win the third set, every close decision in their favor than. The referee has to be suspended at least for the final series, no clarity, no sensitivity and no fairness by him.

so please clearify this please !
    in 3 set is not 1 decision even close or discuss from both teams !! Which game you saw

4. Set from the camera view the ball is out when Koslowski touch the ball ! The referee are not allowed to challenge this situation after a similiar situation last years by the men’s ! So he hold on the rules !

• 4. Set from the camera view the ball is out when Koslowski touch the ball !

I didn't see the scene. But the way it is described, it is extremely reminiscent of the one action from the first game of the quarter-final series between Schwerin and Suhl from the 2020/21 season. In the first game, which was played away due to the corona pandemic, Koslowski also played the ball with his foot - outside the field, as I remember - but before it touched the ground. Of course, László Hollósy then freaked out and saw red. Afterwards the hall burned and Suhl ultimately won the game.

Three years later, similar situation, same sanction for the opposing coach and same result for Schwerin - Koslowski should then ask himself whether he really helped himself and his team with such an action or rather the opposing team. Because I also assume in Stuttgart that the hall burned after this action and the decisions.

• Koslowski should then ask himself whether he really helped himself and his team with such an action or rather the opposing team. Because I also assume in Stuttgart that the hall burned after this action and the decisions.

It was 1:1 in the fourth set. After that, Schwerin scored 9 points in a row. Schwerin led 10:1 and then won the set. That actually helped Schwerin. Also because Konstantin Bitter couldn't calm down afterwards. He also didn't shake Koslowski's hand after the game.

https://www.tag24.de/sport/vol…volleyball-finale-3162777

• I cannot understand all these negative emotions of the Stuttgart team, coach and audiance. Probably they are related to the polarizing person of Felix Koslowski. Knollema's ball would have been out, so by interfering Koslowski gave Stuttgart the opportunity to replay a lost point. They should laugh about that and his own team should be angry. Because of the anger Stuttgart lost 9 points (and then set 4) before they found their focus again.

• As far as I remember that was definitely not the first time Koslowski did that.

(I remember a match in Suhl)

Koslowski for sure is a nice person but in important matches he can get really unfair.

I'm quite sure such an action isn't done on purpose, certainly not when the score is 1:1 in 4th set.

Short clip about 2nd match. Whatever happened during the match, Bitter refusing handshake after the match is absolutely unacceptable for me. Looks like he's exactly the right coach for Stuttgart after all :whistle:

• Renkema defends Koslowski

Nicht ganz so dramatisch stufte MTV-Sportdirektorin Kim Renkema das Verhalten von Koslowski ein: „Er steht einfach häufig dicht an der Seitenlinie und macht Abwehrbewegungen mit dem ganzen Körper mit. Das war ein Reflex von ihm“, meinte sie. Für Renkema war eine andere Phase des Spiels entscheidend: „Es stand im dritten Satz 20:13 für uns, eine Sieben-Punkte-Führung darf man im Finale nie mehr hergeben.“

MTV sports director Kim Renkema didn't rate Koslowski's behavior as dramatic: “He often stands close to the sideline and makes defensive movements with his whole body. “It was a reflex on his part,” she said. For Renkema, another phase of the game was crucial: “It was 20:13 for us in the third set, you can never give up a seven-point lead in the final.”

• Whatever happened during the match, Bitter refusing handshake after the match is absolutely unacceptable for me. Looks like he's exactly the right coach for Stuttgart after all :whistle:

It is unacceptable how much Bitters behavior has negatively influenced his own team's game. He completely unsettled his team. I think Bitter was more angry that his team gave up a 20:13 lead in the third set.

• According to Koslowski, he talked on the phone with Bitter and they sorted everything out :win: He also critizises the referees for refusing to check the situation by video check even though it would technically be possible, but not within the officially allowed challenges.

• According to Koslowski, he talked on the phone with Bitter and they sorted everything out :win: He also critizises the referees for refusing to check the situation by video check even though it would technically be possible, but not within the officially allowed challenges.

What are the rules for these kinds of situations? (coach interfering with play) I would have thought it was the coach's responsibility to stay away, so the other team should be awarded the point.

https://www.sportschau.de/regi…deo-entscheidung-100.html

In this report it says he's criticising the league, not the referees

• What are the rules for these kinds of situations? (coach interfering with play) I would have thought it was the coach's responsibility to stay away, so the other team should be awarded the point.

Well that's the problem. For a while there was a rule that coaches had to stay at least 1m away from the sideline and it made sense IMO, because many coaches often are very close to the line which increases the danger for such situations. If the coach gets hit by a ball that would land out, it's not his responsability to jump away from the ball, but of course the coach can't reach into the court to play a ball, and the closer the coach is to the line, the more difficult this is to judge in close situations, so a video check indeed could have helped.

OTOH it was Stuttgart's own fault to get so much excited about it that they completely lost their focus :whistle:

• You can see a tiny shade of yellow on the right side of his hip which is the ball. Knowing how fast a longline spike goes, he definitely started that kick movement long before he could know where the ball goes, probably around the same moment Knollema attacked the ball, so no way he intentionally played the ball in such a short moment.