Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• As I said, there is still a little something about Marie Schölzel in the Stuttgarter Nachrichten (behind Paywall)

Marie Schölzel: "I didn't choose Stuttgart fast enough, and at some point the club made the decision without me.”

Renkema: "Marie Schölzel had a great season, but she didn't want or couldn't extend her contract early, and for me, Monique Strubbe is the greatest talent in Germany in this position.”

My opinion: I think Schölzel is currently better than Strubbe. And talent means nothing if the player moves abroad after a single season. It won't help Stuttgart if Strubbe should be better than Schölzel in a few years. Because then she probably won't play there anymore.

• Because an intermediate round is played after the main round. With the first 5 teams in a group, and the last 5 teams in a group.

Of course, I'm assuming that Stuttgart and Schwerin will be ranked between 1-5 after the main round.

Has this already been confirmed? As written in the post from the previous season, I also assume this procedure, but so far I haven't read anything official about it.

• And if it happens I think 1-4 and 5-8 is more likely. This is how the men's league and i.e. turkish league do it. 5th place is also the place that would allow a team to play Challenge Cup, otherwise the lower group (if it were 6-10) wouldn't really play for anything anymore.

• And if it happens I think 1-4 and 5-8 is more likely. This is how the men's league and i.e. turkish league do it. 5th place is also the place that would allow a team to play Challenge Cup, otherwise the lower group (if it were 6-10) wouldn't really play for anything anymore.

The male comparison lags a bit. For men, this intermediate round was carried out last and penultimate season. Both times the league only had nine teams. In the penultimate season, the ninth-placed club (TSV Unterhachingen) was not allowed to take part in the intermediate round. Last season, the last-placed club was allowed to take part in the intermediate round, even if the club was VCO Berlin, which only played home games and no away games.

I'm assuming that all women's teams will also be able to take part in the intermediate round and that the season won't be over for just two teams. Your objection regarding the places in the Challenge Cup only makes the main round and the playoffs all the more important. Because the teams qualify for the intermediate round groups via the main round. And in the playoffs, you can still qualify for European competition if you do well.

• You cannot exclude places 9 and 10 from the intermediate round. Then the season for these teams would already be over in January. These clubs cannot afford that. In 9th and 10th place are teams that have little money anyway. That would significantly worsen the financial situation.

• Vilsbiburg announced Greek OH Anna Spanou. Segovia, Kokkonen, Rivera, Flory and Heppell are leaving (and I think they won't be the only ones, it seems pretty certain that Arbos will go back to France).

Erfurt announced that only junior libero Mia Kettner will stay from last season for the 2nd league. I thought maybe Lena Liegert and Natalie Wilczek might stay, they won't find any team in 1st league :gone:

• Vilsbiburg announced Greek OH Anna Spanou. Segovia, Kokkonen, Rivera, Flory and Heppell are leaving (and I think they won't be the only ones, it seems pretty certain that Arbos will go back to France).

Erfurt announced that only junior libero Mia Kettner will stay from last season for the 2nd league. I thought maybe Lena Liegert and Natalie Wilczek might stay, they won't find any team in 1st league :gone:

But they can go to another second pro team, there are some of interest for better players...

• Juliette Fidon-Lebleu to Dresden.

https://www.dscvolley.de/ausse…wechselt-zum-dresdner-sc/

Is Jasper in Dresden just a rumour or will that happen?

I consider the sources as reliable, so I think it will happen.

I'm surprised about Fidon :| She has a history of injuries, and her season in Suhl was solid but far from impressive. I doubt that she'll contribute more than Pallag this season.

• Is Jasper in Dresden just a rumour or will that happen?

The wording in Stuttgarter Zeitung was:

"Dem Vernehmen nach wird der SC Potsdam nicht nur Trainer Guillermo Naranjo Hernández verlieren, sondern offenbar auch ... Aleksandra Jegdic und Hester Jasper (beide Dresdner SC)."

So it seems it's like what Matthias said: They heard it from a source they consider reliable.

• https://www.stuttgarter-nachri…d5-ab8b-c32ccc48aeb9.html

Why doesn't Allianz MTV Stuttgart actually manage to thank the fans properly for the season? Instead, they're giving away 50 tickets to people who may not have attended a single game this season. And fans like me, who have been to every home game this season, cannot say goodbye to the team. A long time ago there was a celebration in the beer garden at the end of the season to which all fans were invited. But it's been a long time.

Volleyball also has to be careful not to lose touch with the fans at some point.

• Today the Volleyball Bundesliga announced the game mode. For the women there will first be a main round, where you will play each other against each other. After the main round there will be an intermediate round where there will be two groups. The teams ranked 1 to 5 form a group and the teams ranked 6 to 10 form a group. Only one first round is played in the intermediate round, so each team has 4 games. Then the playoffs take place as usual.

Link: Spielmodus der 1. Bundesligen festgelegt

• Who then decides which team plays against whom at home and away in these 4 games?

It makes a difference whether Stuttgart plays at home against Potsdam and Schwerin, or plays away in Potsdam and Schwerin. Just as an example. Applies to other teams as well.

• Who then decides which team plays against whom at home and away in these 4 games?

It makes a difference whether Stuttgart plays at home against Potsdam and Schwerin, or plays away in Potsdam and Schwerin. Just as an example. Applies to other teams as well.

Yup...that's a thing I don't understand as well... whatever the decision will be..it's a bit unfair for the other team..