Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• Because the VBL is afraid. Suhl also seems to have money problems. If Suhl is fined, the next club might go bankrupt.

But I would have liked an official statement from the VBL. A clear message that such behavior is not acceptable. And if that happens again, you'll play your home games without spectators.

After the action, I also wrote that I could imagine a fine. But currently I have only spoken of a statement in which one distances oneself from such actions and presents them as unacceptable. So exactly what you said now. But unfortunately the VBL keeps quiet about this. But I think that's in the nature of the VBL. They overlook a lot of things until the house of cards collapses.

• After the action, I also wrote that I could imagine a fine. But currently I have only spoken of a statement in which one distances oneself from such actions and presents them as unacceptable. So exactly what you said now. But unfortunately the VBL keeps quiet about this. But I think that's in the nature of the VBL. They overlook a lot of things until the house of cards collapses.

The VBL doesn't punish anyone because they would be punishing themselves. That can be said in summary.

• I know things work differently in Serbia. I also had a football season ticket for many years. I've gotten used to coins, lighters, etc. being thrown onto the field. I've also had beer showers. But I always thought that things were a little different in volleyball, at least in Germany. But apparently we are getting a little closer to the behavior of football fans in volleyball too.

Actually not, in Serbia if we talk only about female volleyball, fans are very friendly, even football fans, they show often on some games. And we barely have security in games. There is few guys in some gyms that like to yell and swear on players actions, but nobody care about them, they don't scare anybody, especially not players, we call them "retards".

But I seen in Greece, fans trowing water bottles on guest players. This why I say why somebody care about middle finger.

• Actually not, in Serbia if we talk only about female volleyball, fans are very friendly, even football fans, they show often on some games. And we barely have security in games. There is few guys in some gyms that like to yell and swear on players actions, but nobody care about them, they don't scare anybody, especially not players, we call them "retards".

But I seen in Greece, fans trowing water bottles on guest players. This why I say why somebody care about middle finger.

I also get angry sometimes when I watch volleyball and opposing coaches constantly complain to the referees. I've also booed opposing coaches. But pouring beer on opposing teams shouldn't be okay.

• I fully agree, I meant about middle finger

I think there were little misunderstandings. As I think I wrote in my first post on this topic, I don't see a middle finger as being that bad. And what's more, it's unclear whether a player even noticed him in her focus.

But unfortunately with Suhl it doesn't stop at the maximum middle finger, but goes even further. And that was the game against Potsdam that I mentioned. According to the score sheet, the SC Potsdam manager was doused with beer at match point and then the team bench after the game and both happened from the tribune.

I didn't go into detail about the Potsdam game in my post, so you certainly didn't know what exactly it was about. I hope that this has completely cleared up any misunderstandings that may have arisen.

• Last week I had somewhat forgotten the preview of the European Cup games with German participation, probably because I was only aware of broadcasts for the Champions League games. But the fact that Dresdner SC and VC Wiesbaden have home games this week means that these games will be broadcast. Here is the list:

Champions League

• Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 7 p.m. (CET): Allianz MTV Stuttgart vs. Asterix Avo Beveren
      streamlink – The stream starts at 6:45 p.m. (CET) and is commented by Ralf Modrow.
    • Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 7 p.m. (CET): SC Potsdam vs. Calcit Kamnik
      streamlink – The stream starts at 6:45 p.m (CET) and it is commented by Regina Marpeli Burchardt.

CEV Cup

• Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 7 p.m. (CET): Dresdner SC vs. Viteos Neuchatel UC
      streamlink mdr.de – The stream starts at 6:55 p.m. (CET).
      streamlink sportdeutschland.tv – The stream starts at 6:45 p.m. (CET).

Challenge Cup

• Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 7:30 p.m. (CET): VC Wiesbaden vs. PAOK Thessaloniki
      streamlink – The stream starts at 7:10 p.m. (CET) and is commented by Micha Spannaus and Benni Corts.
  • Larson? Why not? It could a win-win situation. Schweriner would sign the best possible option for the position, Larson could play high level volleyball in a league less demanding than Italy or Turkey.

Not a rumor, of course. Just me dreaming. It seems she ain't going to Puerto Rico, after all.

• As announced, I have added the link to the free MDR live stream of the game Dresdner SC vs. Viteos Neuchatel UC.

• It's Sina Fuchs from Erfurt. :gone:

And They have even one more Susan Schult

Those are quite underwhelming :white: I don't know the Dutch girl but she doesn't seem to be a supertalent from her CV. Schwerin better hope and pray that Emonts will have a long and healthy life at least for the next 4 months...

After Rica Maase, also Elise Petit has left Münster :what: No official announcement yet but she's off the roster on VBL site. I wonder what's going on there :|

• Those are quite underwhelming :white: I don't know the Dutch girl but she doesn't seem to be a supertalent from her CV. Schwerin better hope and pray that Emonts will have a long and healthy life at least for the next 4 months...

After Rica Maase, also Elise Petit has left Münster :what: No official announcement yet but she's off the roster on VBL site. I wonder what's going on there :|

I had to look her up on VolleyBox because the name didn't ring a bell, so afaik she hasn't been in any of the u-squads... I even checked the match sheet from their CEV quali match vs. Panathinaikos, and even there she didn't play. So if they were to go for a young(er) Dutch OH I would have loved to see Jet Kok instead (also from Djopzz Zwolle). But actually I don't think many OHs from Dutch competition would be that much better than Leanna :gone:

• I had to look her up on VolleyBox because the name didn't ring a bell, so afaik she hasn't been in any of the u-squads... I even checked the match sheet from their CEV quali match vs. Panathinaikos, and even there she didn't play. So if they were to go for a young(er) Dutch OH I would have loved to see Jet Kok instead (also from Djopzz Zwolle). But actually I don't think many OHs from Dutch competition would be that much better than Leanna :gone:

Well...Koslowski called her "one of the promising players in the dutch league"

Actually they took 2 OH because Fuchs is good in reception but not in attack and Schult is good in attack but not in reception. So basically they couldn't find an affordable player who combines both at an ok level.