Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• This was the match of the season in the volleyball world!!! I am just with not words. All played great (exept Parrocchiale:lol::lol::lol:).

Seeing Antropova playing like this must make Egonu fear.... It is not the points because she had really a lot of errors ( 17) but her determination which was scared me. She played free tonight. About Haak I would say that she touch the perfection again if she did not make this stupid errors in the end.

Maja , Wolosz and Moki was out of this world.

• The commentators mentioned something like "The sound of that smash will be heard of in Stockholm" when Haak finished a point with a deadly spike. However, she is born and raised very far from Stockholm in the small city of Ängelholm. It is a very small municipality. In terms of size its like the equivalent of say Helmstedt in Germany, which (almost) no one has ever heard of. This city is located in Southern Sweden in Skåne region, close to Malmö and the Danish capital Copenhagen, and they have a very pronounced dialect called "skånska" which distinguish them from the other regions of Sweden. The prosody of "skånska" is very different from all other Swedish dialects, but it is heavily resembling the Danish language. People in other cities, dwelling in northern regions such as Umeå or Luleå, usually have a considerable difficulty to comprehend what Isabelle is saying during interviews. Isabelle is perhaps sounding more like a Danish person than a Swedish. The city where she is born and raised has also historically been a part of that country in the past. In over 700 years (from approx. 900 to 1658) this small city, Ängelholm, was a part of Denmark. I also think people from this region are looking slightly more Danish than Swedish in terms of looks/appearance.

• The commentators mentioned something like "The sound of that smash will be heard of in Stockholm" when Haak finished a point with a deadly spike. However, she is born and raised very far from Stockholm in the small city of Ängelholm. It is a very small municipality. In terms of size its like the equivalent of say Helmstedt in Germany, which (almost) no one has ever heard of. This city is located in Southern Sweden in Skåne region, close to Malmö and the Danish capital Copenhagen, and they have a very pronounced dialect called "skånska" which distinguish them from the other regions of Sweden. The prosody of "skånska" is very different from all other Swedish dialects, but it is heavily resembling the Danish language. People in other cities, dwelling in northern regions such as Umeå or Luleå, usually have a considerable difficulty to comprehend what Isabelle is saying during interviews. Isabelle is perhaps sounding more like a Danish person than a Swedish. The city where she is born and raised has also historically been a part of that country in the past. In over 700 years (from approx. 900 to 1658) this small city, Ängelholm, was a part of Denmark. I also think people from this region are looking slightly more Danish than Swedish in terms of looks/appearance.

Hahaha. To be expected. VBTV commentators have always been dreadful and have a tendency of mistaking players' names, especially those who are black.

• The lack of use of Lanier remains quite incomprehensible...

As in the first CL semi-final match against Ecza, that time with a disastrous performance from Cook, Lanier's entry from the bench turned the game around...

This time, with an unwatchable Plummer , Santarelli has never used her: unless the girl has physical problems, I can't explain it...

• The lack of use of Lanier remains quite incomprehensible...

As in the first CL semi-final match against Ecza, that time with a disastrous performance from Cook, Lanier's entry from the bench turned the game around...

This time, with an unwatchable Plummer , Santarelli has never used her: unless the girl has physical problems, I can't explain it...

Plummer hit 50% (14/28) and still unwatchable, what can she do to be watchable?:lol:

Plummer did make the most errors on reception, she had 5 errors but she received the most serves, while Cook received 10 times less also had 3 errors. Also its MDG and the second libero couldn’t receive the serves by Diop in tiebreak.

Plummer wasn’t the one to blame for losing yesterday match, it was more because of Haak’s consecutive attack errors when they had chance to close out the match and MDG’s bad pass at the match point costing them the match.

• Plummer hit 50%

Plummer hit 50%, but with 25% efficiency...

Plummer scored 15 points in 5 sets, but lost 16 points for Conegliano: differential -1 and, despite holding on reception, her contribution was largely negative...

it was more because of Haak’s consecutive attack errors

Haak had a monstrous performance yesterday (36 points with 40% efficiency, 5 blocks and 3 aces) and single-handedly held the team's attack throughout the match...

The two final errors were very bad, but to say that she is to blame for the defeat while without her it would certainly have ended with a clear result for Scandicci, seems to me to be absolute absurdity...

• Plummer hit 50%, but with 25% efficiency...

Plummer scored 15 points in 5 sets, but lost 16 points for Conegliano: differential -1 and, despite holding on reception, her contribution was largely negative...

Haak had a monstrous performance yesterday (36 points with 40% efficiency, 5 blocks and 3 aces) and single-handedly held the team's attack throughout the match...

The two final errors were very bad, but to say that she is to blame for the defeat while without her it would certainly have ended with a clear result for Scandicci, seems to me to be absolute absurdity...

I wouldn’t blame Haak for missing those two chances to seal the win, even though the errors were very costly unfortunately. She played a great match overall and the same as the rest of the team. It was a close match and they were just two points away from victory.
    Plummer made errors but others included Haak, Cook & MDG also did, and even at the most crucial moments. IMO it’s just a bit unfair to Plummer saying she was “unwatchable”. Overall speaking she held her part pretty well, and she wasn’t even accountable for losing that good chance to close the match.

• Plummer I just can’t wait for you to leave and to watch you in Eczacibasi.

Just move from us already, pls.

• Plummer I just can’t wait for you to leave and to watch you in Eczacibasi.

Just move from us already, pls.

I wonder what she did to deserve all this hate. :/ Expecially after her last games...

Going back to volleyball, Imoco plays every single season 4/5 competitions being a finalist in all of them, unlike any other italian club and arrives pretty tired to the league finals. Last season Vero Volley forced them to a 5 games series. This season Scandicci may do the same.

• I wonder what she did to deserve all this hate. :/ Expecially after her last games...

Going back to volleyball, Imoco plays every single season 4/5 competitions being a finalist in all of them, unlike any other italian club and arrives pretty tired to the league finals. Last season Vero Volley forced them to a 5 games series. This season Scandicci may do the same.

For me there is no "hatred" towards Plummer...

She played an excellent season, growing especially in the final phase of the season: she played excellent CL semi-finals and excellent Playoffs...

Even in the match against Novara lost in the semi-final championship she was the only one to save herself and keep the team afloat...

Yesterday for me she objectively underperformed...

I only wondered why, in the space of 5 sets, she had never been replaced with Lanier: that's all. ..

• Pretty evident who´s the serve boss in Serie A1. Btw, the serve pressure of Italy NT with the trio Egonu, Lubian and Antropova on court simultaneously would be out of this world.

Playoff

Regular season