Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• I hope She is not, because Lubian and Fahr is better MB duo and Imoco should invest them and not to force them to leave. Robin is ready to for retirement and this two youngest are future of Imoco.

Huh? I don't see how Robin playing as Italian will affect Lubian and Fahr in Imoco especially in long term. This just allow the coaches to be more flexible in tactical rotation, Robin probably also know her role in the team now is different from before.

• Huh? I don't see how Robin playing as Italian will affect Lubian and Fahr in Imoco especially in long term. This just allow the coaches to be more flexible in tactical rotation, Robin probably also know her role in the team now is different from before.

+1 on this. With Robin being counted as an Italian, Imoco would and should still start Fahr and Lubian, but they can have a solid backup and get much needed rest throughout the season. For Imoco, they can also play however many foreigners on pins as they want.

• +1 on this. With Robin being counted as an Italian, Imoco would and should still start Fahr and Lubian, but they can have a solid backup and get much needed rest throughout the season. For Imoco, they can also play however many foreigners on pins as they want.

Yes but I’m afraid of Santarelli. He is so stubborn. Look how much He insists in Plummer, Gray never got opportunity.
    He adores De Krujif and He is grateful for her dedication….

De Krujif is still very good player but both Fahr and Lubian are playing world class volleyball.

• Yes but I’m afraid of Santarelli. He is so stubborn. Look how much He insists in Plummer, Gray never got opportunity.
    He adores De Krujif and He is grateful for her dedication….

De Krujif is still very good player but both Fahr and Lubian are playing world class volleyball.

I understand that Plummer is no Gabi and has some issues both on defence and passing, but let's put things into perspective. Maybe she will struggle with these fundamentals for the rest of her career and they will never be her best assets, but it's not easy for a player with her physical structure to play efficently a demanding role like OH. By the way, she is still 24, she still has room for improvement and she has clearly improved comparing to last year.

I do think you're being harsh with Santarelli for the wrong reasons: Gray didn't get a lot of opportunities because she struggled a bit with minor injuries during the season and because rarely there was the need to put her permanently in the starting six. Plummer did just fine in Supercoppa, in WC and in Coppa Italia. I don't think replacing Gray for Plummer could have changed Conegliano's season that much, mostly because we are talking about two players who have similar characteristics. And to be honest, I don't Gray would have played the Fenerbahçe series passing with 67% positive and 43% perfect. At the same time Santarelli could have done something different with both serving and defence tactics.

Back to de Kruijf, it would be huge for Conegliano if she could play as Italian. It would give them so much more options to change comparing to this season and they will basically get a free spot for another foreigner.

• There's a rumour that Lorrayna has renewed with Bergamo.

• How come changing sport Citizenship is so easy in Italy? What's the requirement? Without changing your passport, you just change your federation? Does the player still have to wait for 2 years?

• How come changing sport Citizenship is so easy in Italy? What's the requirement? Without changing your passport, you just change your federation? Does the player still have to wait for 2 years?

You need the passport, De Kruijf has been in Italy for many years so she can apply for citizenship (she likely already has). The 2 years waiting is only for national team

Not as easy as in turkey

• Dimitrova isn't staying at casal?

After the great season she had I think her price is now too high for Casalmaggiore and it will be very difficult for them to keep her.

• I understand that Plummer is no Gabi and has some issues both on defence and passing, but let's put things into perspective. Maybe she will struggle with these fundamentals for the rest of her career and they will never be her best assets, but it's not easy for a player with her physical structure to play efficently a demanding role like OH. By the way, she is still 24, she still has room for improvement and she has clearly improved comparing to last year.

I do think you're being harsh with Santarelli for the wrong reasons: Gray didn't get a lot of opportunities because she struggled a bit with minor injuries during the season and because rarely there was the need to put her permanently in the starting six. Plummer did just fine in Supercoppa, in WC and in Coppa Italia. I don't think replacing Gray for Plummer could have changed Conegliano's season that much, mostly because we are talking about two players who have similar characteristics. And to be honest, I don't Gray would have played the Fenerbahçe series passing with 67% positive and 43% perfect. At the same time Santarelli could have done something different with both serving and defence tactics.

Back to de Kruijf, it would be huge for Conegliano if she could play as Italian. It would give them so much more options to change comparing to this season and they will basically get a free spot for another foreigner.

Agree with this. Just because Gray played an excellent 5th game doesn't mean she was going to play like in other matches.

On paper, Santarelli had all the reason to believe Plummer was the better choice given than her passing is better than Gray's and her block and attack help a lot.

• I am surprised, that Chieri still is eligible for CEV cup despite really poor playoffs. Is there league round counting for that European cups berth? And it is listed here even as fourth team (only valid before playoffs)...

• I am surprised, that Chieri still is eligible for CEV cup despite really poor playoffs. Is there league round counting for that European cups berth? And it is listed here even as fourth team (only valid before playoffs)...

In the women league playoffs only count if you reach the final (meaning that the first two are sure of Champions League). Otherwise the regular season placement is the only thing that counts for the European Cups access. This year thay did the Challenge cup playoffs but was completely nonsensical because they still counted the regular season placement for every other Cup.

• Final match of Scudetto was watched by 1.7milion viewers, almost double more than last finals. :super::drink: